NEurope
Stocka

Kirby GC confirmed to still be in development

It'll be backwards compatable with Revolution. It might not even see a US/EU release...

It loks cute but I don't have much hope for the gameplay. Kirby games seem to be better suited to handhelds.

Sounds neat, but is it coming out too late? The GameCube is DEAD.

How does a console die? If something is dead it is suppose to not exist anymore, but the SNES isn't dead is it?

Okay, GC sales are EXTREMELY low (especially in Europe, pretty much nothing in UK) but that doesn't mean its 'DEAD' like people seem to call it. And if you all continue to call a console dead it doesn't stop me from playing it. Afterall how many of you still play your NES,SNES,Game Boy etc. Dreamcast flopped in sales and isn't on retail anymore but I don't see it as 'DEAD' as I still play it, especially recently(Shenmue)

HE says that because he has a 360, and doesn't play on the cube anymore, so its dead to him.

Obviously Stocka the term "dead" shouldn't be taken literally. "Dead" is just a term used to state that new consoles and new software for those new consoles are going to be released soon and as you said it the demand for the Gamecube is very low and it will only get lower. Plus I would call a console 'dead' when they [the company] stop production so in that sense the nes, snes, gameboy, N64 are all 'dead' consoles and the Gamecube is a dying one, probably a slow, painful death.

:heh:

Blimey, I had completely forgotten about this!

I'll wait until the reviews, but Kirby platformers always entertain.

The video of this from E3 last year looked quite good, but it's obviously going to get released unnoticed by most, not only because it's Kirby but because the graphics don't look any different to what HAL did for SSBM at the GameCube's launch. I expect I'll give it a shot, though.

Cant wait for this as I loved Kirbys Air Ride which has to be one of the most underplayed and misunderstood games on the cube.

Actually I play my GameCube all the time, especially when friends come over. You can't dismiss me as a Nintendo fan for simply stating the truth. Whilst you can argue the GameCube isn't dead, I assure you it is. The system has had a reasonable innings, but even you diehards have to admit it's a bit bleak at the moment. There has been NOTHING on the GameCube for months, and there's NOTHING due for months except Zelda, which I think we all secretly know is arriving far too late.

Our beloved GameCube has been a bit crap overall, and it isn't getting any less crapper as it clings pathetically to life. Hell, the best games on the system haven't even come from Nintendo itself. Doesn't that hint at anything ominous to anyone?

Judge me if you want, we all secretly know what the truth is. So... to that end, you ladies can all call me Fox Mulder from now on. I'll be in the basement.

Just thought I'd make a point; metroid prime was co-developed by retro and nintendo. also retro are now nintendo anyway, so therefore it was made by them. also, pikmin, zelda, are better than resident evil 4 in my own opinion.

It's true that GC is basically dead release wise, but saying it was crap is ridiculous. It has a huge amount of great games, far more than XBOX or PS2 imo. What matters to me is that I have clocked more hours with GC that with any other console and all of the time I had great fun. I still play it all the time, so it isn't dead TO ME.

I sort of have to defend Nintendo's involvement in the last few months. We have had a few pretty good games come out like Battalion Wars, Mario Smash Football, Giest; though I do admit it isn't the greatest and is slowly slipping away.

About Kirby GC though, I'm one of the very few who are actually looking forward to this. Although I'm only judging on screen shots, it looks fun and may become a pretty bitching' platformer/adventure/whatever.

Might check out Kirby's Air Ride as well. Most reviews haven't been enthusiastic about it, but some normal people are saying it's alright. Is it?

I sort of have to defend Nintendo's involvement in the last few months. We have had a few pretty good games come out like Battalion Wars, Mario Smash Football, Giest; though I do admit it isn't the greatest and is slowly slipping away.

About Kirby GC though, I'm one of the very few who are actually looking forward to this. Although I'm only judging on screen shots, it looks fun and may become a pretty bitching' platformer/adventure/whatever.

Might check out Kirby's Air Ride as well. Most reviews haven't been enthusiastic about it, but some normal people are saying it's alright. Is it?

Kirby's Air Ride opinions:

http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3935

It's true that GC is basically dead release wise, but saying it was crap is ridiculous. It has a huge amount of great games, far more than XBOX or PS2 imo. What matters to me is that I have clocked more hours with GC that with any other console and all of the time I had great fun. I still play it all the time, so it isn't dead TO ME.

It isn't bad, but it certainly could have been an awful lot better. Your opinion is valid, and I'm glad you're still enjoying yours as much as I sometimes enjoy mine. The entire situation now leaves me a little tainted, and disappointed with it's showing. Then again I'm just an Xbox 360 fanboy, right Shino?

Then again I'm just an Xbox 360 fanboy, right Shino?

GO BACK TO THE GAYBOX 360 YOU GAY.

One a (slightly) more serious note- I was a bit dissapointed with the Cube. It's had some good games, but hasn't provided that single moment of pure bliss some other consoles have.

I still want this Kirby game; looks fun. And it's 4 player, right? Can't go wrong with that really.

Now they better make sure to release it here too or I'll... be angry and sad.

It isn't bad, but it certainly could have been an awful lot better. Your opinion is valid, and I'm glad you're still enjoying yours as much as I sometimes enjoy mine. The entire situation now leaves me a little tainted, and disappointed with it's showing. Then again I'm just an Xbox 360 fanboy, right Shino?

LOL, I didn't post after you, even if it was aimed directly at me, because it wasn't my actual intent to call you a xbox fan boy. If I had an xbox360 I would be playing it a lot more than my gamecube especialy with XBL, and with games shortage in the cube I might even consider it dead.