NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe League 2017

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G The total for your GP3 is 13. After recalculation, this becomes 20. Let me know if you want to keep it.

Keep it please. :)

• Thanks 1

Righto, here's the current League table.

SnGhr4l.png

A welcome back to regular host @BowserBasher, who came in swinging. Smashing his way to 4th place. And another welcome back to @Vileplume2000. Still early days, averages are prone to fluctuate when you join, so don't give up yet. And a big hello to lapsed N-E Leaguer @viceview51. A very solid showing there, let's see if you can keep it up.

With mostly everyone's averages going up last week, it was inevitable that averages would go down this week. And with 3 new entries joining the League, it's shaken up most of the board. Of note, is @Dcubed and @S.C.G, who somehow have exactly the same amount of points! Wow! Doesn't get much closer than that! Dcubed is on top because of his 1st and 2nd placings so far.

Next week, we'll be having more user-picked GP's to commendate @Sméagol's absence. His GP will be there along with newcomers Vileplume2000 and viceview51. Check your private messages.

And the rest of you should as well, just in case one of them can't make it next week, you might be asked to take their place.

I'll put the theme up when I get the three GP's together.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Thanks for waiting! Here's the next Theme.

Next League Night: 28th September 8pm

UHWb6C6.png

Group 1 @BowserBasher is host

@Glen-i

@BowserBasher

@martinist

@punio75

Other Players yet to declare

@Dcubed

@S.C.G

@Sméagol

@viceview51

@Nicktendo

This week, I'm renaming the theme, because successful businesses keep their brand current and up to date. And keep it minimalist, just like Insomniac Games. So now it's called.

N-Europe Mix Up

Hnnng! It's so minimalist and bloody modern!

The three GP's come from @Sméagol, @martinist and @punio75 this time. You don't like them, direct all complaints to those peeps. See? I'm delegating blame, just like a proper boss! It's looking to be a lot more calm and collected compared to the last night. Well, as calm and collected as Mario Kart can get... Probably needed thanks to one person's mental GP, not saying who. Steadily easing ourselves from No Items to Mental Items.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If I have an Internet connection by then I will definitely be in, if not I'll see how my 4G handles it. 

IN.

Hey there N-E, long time no see! Although something seems a bit different. :heh:

Anyway, yeah I'm still alive. :hehe: Didn't have a great start to the year though, so ended up losing interest in posting here and even gaming for a while. :blank: Still picked up a Switch at launch (as a few of you might be aware) and have gradually been getting back to my old self...

It's nice to see that the MK League is still going on. If there's room for one more in tonight's session (and provided I get home in time) I'd very much like to be IN! again. :)

:peace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hey there N-E, long time no see! Although something seems a bit different. :heh:

Anyway, yeah I'm still alive. :hehe: Didn't have a great start to the year though, so ended up losing interest in posting here and even gaming for a while. :blank: Still picked up a Switch at launch (as a few of you might be aware) and have gradually been getting back to my old self...

It's nice to see that the MK League is still going on. If there's room for one more in tonight's session (and provided I get home in time) I'd very much like to be IN! again. :)

There’s always room. Be sure to send me a friend request as I’ll be the one hosting the races. 

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

There’s always room. Be sure to send me a friend request as I’ll be the one hosting the races. 

Cool.

Pretty sure we're already registered as friends on the Switch, my username is Manolito on there though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RedShell said:

YOU'RE BACK! :bouncy:

tumblr_oo7yieCb0t1qkeehso3_500.gif

I've missed you, bud. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

YOU'RE BACK! :bouncy:

tumblr_oo7yieCb0t1qkeehso3_500.gif

I've missed you, bud. :heart:

Thanks man. :)

Damn it, where's the hug emoticon? Oh, there it is! :hug:This new forum is seriously confusing me. :heh:

49 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Hey! There you are! Sure, you go right ahead and join in!

As you've probably noticed, while you've been away, I've taken over the League and now you happen to turn up. So, in other words...

LzmYYwl.png

Let's just say @BowserBasher is Zelda in this scenario.

• Haha 2

Comm error! >.<

I'll shall return...

...as Samus.

8 hours ago, RedShell said:

HOLY CRAP! THE SHELL IS BACK!!:bowdown: 

It's so great to see you again! :D And talk about an entrance! (At my expense of course :laughing:

Yeah, I noticed that you got a Switch, I spotted you on my friend list ;) Hope things are good with you right now! And I hope we see you around here more, we all missed you terribly! :peace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shells Only was a mistake. Won't be doing that one in races again.

@Dcubed will have to be penalised for not letting Martinist have his course. And @S.C.G, which GP did you get disconnected from?

I'll post the results later tonight.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G, which GP did you get disconnected from?

Why, the first race of the second GP of course Glen, my good man. :smile:

• Thanks 1

5th, 5th, and last, if I recall correctly. I'm obviously no Mario Kart god, but that's proof right there that items screw me over disproportionately :p.

Edit: I actually liked shells only.

Edited by Sméagol

Last night clearly means tomorrow morning when you're knackered. Here are the results.

GP1

DK3wbN8VAAAU1Kr.jpg:large

GP2

DK3wpiIUEAA4ci2.jpg:large

GP3

DK3wv2KV4AIZzZ_.jpg:large

Disconnection Housekeeping

@S.C.G Your disconnection in the 2nd GP gave you a final score of 14. You can choose whether you keep it or not. Your average points will go down by 1.2 if you keep it.

@martinist Your disconnection in the 2nd GP gave you a final score of 19. Your average points will go down by 1.0 if you keep it.

It's up to you two to decide whether you want to ditch these points at the cost of Attendance Percentage or maintain attendance, but lose points. Let me know as soon as you can.

Once I get those responses, I'll post the League Table and next week's theme.

Keep it, it seems I did OK in at least one of the GP's so I'm sure it'll even out. :)