N-Europe

My Name Is Earl

AshMat

It's been on for 3 weeks now and i was wondering if anyone ahs been watching it?

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it so i kept watching. Has been pretty good so far.

BAsically for those who don't know what it's about. A guy (Earl) is trying to make up for all the bad things he has done in his life so that good things will happen to him (karma)

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/E/earl/

Also, does anyone believe in this Karma stuff either?

I was intending to watch it but missed it every time. Its apparently really good so thats why I want to watch but then on the other hand im not really a big fan of trailer trash (which is what he appears to be).

Yeah im a snob :P

Your not meant to like it. Your meant to find it amusing, because the people are disgusting socially... how they do stupid things that you would never dream do.

Like Shamelss.

I personally love it. Best and most origional comedy to come out of US since Scrubs. (one would say Family Guy, but that came before Scrubs).

So does anyone believe in Karma then?

(do good things and good things happejn for those who haven't watched it)

I'd like to. I put out a lot of good to this world but keep getting kicked in the balls and slapped round the face (normally not in a literal sense). I try though. I'd like to believe the universe is gonna give me some great big pay off soon for my sucky year.

I watched the first couple of episodes, but I didn't think to much of it. I feel the show is constantly skimming over loads of great slapstick, but they never commit themselves. Like how quickly he discovered that it was karma that was doing all this crap to him. Why have the main character discover that right at the beginning that he needs to change his karma? There's at least an episode and a half worth of Earl getting beaten up, run over, thrown off buildings, slipping on dog turds ect. before he finally figures out it's all down to karma. Why not spend that time having Earl being screwed over by all the prople he'll need to make peace with later? It would add some great characterisation and drama to the whole procedings later. It would also be quite fun rediscovering all the characters at a later date. The supporting cast of characters aren't particulary strong either though - they're not unoriginal, just no where near intresting enough.