N-Europe

EEVIL'S New Years Resolution Thread! 2017 Remix

EEVILMURRAY

I tried posting this a few hours ago but it seemed it didn't go through, so let's give dis shit another whirl.

Last eyar's thread for checking outs: http://n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58014

I'm still unsure about what I'm feeling for 2017:

My gym thing did alright, but I'm thinking of quitting the gym.

I've bought my saxophone so learning it is still on the to-do list.

Got our house now so I don't need another one of those.

Mainly it seems to continue getting money and expanding my experience doing legal shit.

And go.

- Lose weight

- Get fit

- Get money

- Get a girlfriend

3 out of 4! I lost the weight. 69lbs of it. I lost 10% body fat. I've gone down 10 inches in my waist. Gone down 4 sizes in my shirts. This has been the best year for me and I'm hoping 2017 will be just as good.

I've got fit. I struggled to run even a kilometer. No lie. I really did. Now I'm running 5 miles regularly and training for a half-marathon. Woo!

I gots me some monnnaaaaaay! I got a job that was pretty good and paid average but I budgeted hardcore. I left the job because I was unhappy due to unfair treatment (which was said by multiple people, regional manager included). Now I'm in the job that pays the same, I do a little less and I finish work earlier.

I haven't got a girlfriend...but I'm working on it.

=========

2017:

-Possibly make a YouTube channel for weight loss and fitness

-Carry on losing fat and gaining muscle

-Complete a half-marathon

-Stay in this job for a whole year (LOL!)

This year I just want to earn more money to make things more comfortable. Not that we're struggling or anything, it's just more money would always be nice (and mo' problems apparently)

Well, I got a pay rise back in April and I was supposed to get another in December. Didn't get the December one yet, but when I do (and I shall raise holy hell if I don't, as someone else got it, who does the same job as me), it'll be backdated to December, so all is good there.

This year's resolution: get a new job. Had an interview recently, which I though I failed at as I heard nothing for about a month or two, but I got an email a few days ago saying that they'd postponed hiring until the new year, so could do well. I figure if I was off the cards, they wouldn't have contacted me, as it was so long that I already assumed I failed.

I don't really make any new years resolutions, but I think I've achieved a lot in this past year. Started the year fobbing off the ex girlfriend who was taking the piss, looked at the money I had accrued saving up to see her and have a fucking blast and thought "You know what, I'm going to go back to Japan". And right now, I'm posting from Japan, just recently started earning enough to be fully sufficient at a fucking awesome cafe for those to practice their English conversational skills, teaching English for the same company at their mini school and teaching privately to my own personal students.

Another thing I'm proud I did was actually make the most of my time with friends as I'm naturally quite reclusive and don't like to go out, and with the goal of going to Japan and trying to get here permanently (still up in the air but still trying), I knew I was going to miss all of those delightful fuckers and was really glad to participate in my first N-E meet in a few years. Also done a few reviews on Rez's Food Review UK channel which I'm really happy to do (I'm so sorry that I'm not that frequent buddy, I've got a few things in the pipeline and expect a review of the Ginger Coca Cola the day it comes out!).

As for the year ahead, I'll just set out the goals I currently know about:

Not go home early: Up until recently, if things hadn't picked up, I would be looking at going home in April. That's probably not going to happen but I need to work harder to ensure I'm at least here for the full length of my visa.

Change visa to a working visa: This will be quite tough given the area I'm in, but I'm willing to settle for even the shittiest of English schools if that means I get to remain and work in the city I love.

If I change my visa.. Snow sports: Can't do it this year to due financial circumstances, but it's such a waste being in a city that got a fucking record 96cm of snow this week and not being able to afford to do winter sports! So if I'm here next year, I'm doing that, definitely.

Get girlfriend who isn't desperate for marriage: Recent things have put me back into the dating game due to various desires of girls around my age range, so I'm hoping to actually find one who doesn't mind just dating for a while and then maybe if it works out for a long while, we can talk about that shit. Cultural expectations in this country are a bastard.

Any way, to an even better year next year!

Last year's resolution

Result

This year's resolution

Plan/Save up/Organise our Wedding!

This hasn't really taken off the ground due to our money going towards a house and due to being busy with work, job interviews and life. So, er...

To save up and organise a wedding...

To move out of the flat and into our own house! (very possible now)

Yaaaay! We did this, which has been our biggest target we've been aiming for. We've only just got the keys, so the rest of the year will be focusing on decorating and making improvements.

Improve the house!

To be consistent with my exercise and keep my lifts at around the same level as they are now.

This was good for most of the year, but it fell away around November time due to job interviews and house stuff. A problem that we have is that it just became a chore to have to re-jig our room and move stuff in order to do certain exercises. I definitely think that having the power cage in the garage will make it easier to get things down as there's far less time fiddling stuff around since you do most of your exercises within or around the cage.

Get a powercage/rack and transform the garage into a home gym.

To look ab-solutely fabulous.

This didn't take off at all. Although, I'd say that my cardio has improved. This will have to roll over to next year:

To look ab-solutely fabulous.

Keep improving the football team and conquer the world.

Although I didn't get to manage the team of my choice in our tournament, I put in all of the groundwork and training to enable them to succeed. We got to the final of the tournament and just narrowly missed out. I'm also proud to say that, outside of this tournament where I managed the U-13s, I managed to win all of my competitive fixtures. Best score this season was a 5-0 away victory at a local rival. I can definitely say we made huge progress here.

Keep improving the football team and conquer the world

To either go abroad somewhere or to visit more places within the UK.

We went to Spain in the Summer and had a great time (aside from somebody sneaking in to our house and stealing a wallet!). The next thing for us would be to arrange a holiday somewhere new. Maybe Italy!

A holiday! Much needed!

To improve my Dutch/Flemish and Spanish. I want to be near Fluent by next Christmas in either.

My Dutch/Flemish has improved big time and I'm practising every day now. Duolingo is a fantastic app and it's helped me to make tons of improvement in such a short space of time. I'll 100% be sticking with it and hope that by this point next year I'll be near-fluent. I'll also be using it to improve my Spanish!

To improve my languages, especially Flemish/Dutch.

To improve with all of my instruments. Start to learn keyboard and to get a drum kit.

I've started learning how to play the keyboard! I'm also looking at electronic drum kits and so will be purchasing one before the end of next year. I've been practising with the guitar a fair bit and am trying to learn how to read music, although finding the time for all of this is hard.

Become a music God! Get a drum kit!

New Resolution: Work has been very messy this year. I've personally been awesome at my job, yet have still managed to be overlooked. I put my foot down and went to two interviews, both of which resulted in me being offered a job. I turned them both down as neither one was quite right, but I'm hoping that this sets things in motion and my work situation improves. I was in charge of our Christmas Play and it was just a phenomenal success. The feedback from parents and people who attended was that it was the best performance that they'd ever seen!

New resolution: To gain recognition for all of my efforts at work.

All in all, it's been a successful year. The main highlight was purchasing our house, after such a long and drawn out ordeal. The next year will be spent improving the place and transforming it from the mess its in now into something special. It should also allow us to save up for other things, such as a wedding and/or a holiday, so we'll see how that goes. 2016 has been a long year for us, but I'm hopeful for 2017.

Last year:

Same as every year. Find/build a girlfriend :p

Though I also intend to finish off the new site layout, and increase the reach of the site and myself via Twitch and Youtube more.

Holy fuck I actually did it after many years :D

Got a girlfriend without building one

Increased the reach of the site a lot to the point at events I get a massive influx of requests for selfies/signatures etc. Personal Twitter follower count increased from ~10k to 31k in the year just because I was putting myself out there more. Site twitter followers up 100k on last year. Same with Facebook. Site reached its highest level of hits and held that level for 2 weeks before it began to drop.

Layout is mostly done, but there are elements that are just not coming together. Still working on it though. I have a mobile layout. I have a desktop layout. Both look & work beautifully. It's just having both at the same time that is getting screwy

Hell I even went abroad which I said I would never do

2017:

Buy a house

Continue to be more out there in the community

Work out the issue with this layout