NEurope
Serebii

Super Mario Maker for 3DS (3DS) - December 2nd 2016

Bizarre port

Can't upload levels. Can't share all levels from Wii U.

100 levels built in with various challenges. Can play Wii U courses online. No Mystery Mushroom, Racoon Leaf, Propellor or Cape

Share via local and StreetPass

Local creation tools to create levels with your friends

So is it not possible to create levels on 3DS and then transfer them to Wii U?

That would be the only reason I'd even consider getting this really. :hmm: Having said that, I can already tell course creation won't be quite as nice on 3DS due to it being cramped into the 4:3 touch screen.

Anyway, still great that even more people will soon be able to enjoy the awesomeness that is SMM. :)

Wait theres a lot more missing than i thought! no racoon suit, propeller etc and Online? well thats really odd, i'd buy a bundle that had both games for slightly above the WiiU version

I was initially really excited when they revealed this. I've been going on about a 3DS Mario Maker port for a while in conversation, and it's great the game is gonna be available outside Wii U's limited install base... but that crippled online really fucks it.

I would totally go for it if you could upload your courses. Such a bizarre decision.

The sort of decision that makes you fear for NX.. :blank:

The sort of decision that makes you fear for NX.. :blank:

Or on the other hand gives credence to the idea its a handheld/home shared because this and several other games they announced today (and have released in the past) have essentially been Wii U-lite titles.

Streetpass support is nice, collab feature is nice, lack of online? Deal breaker.

Can't even share stages with the Wii U version locally? Literally no point in getting it if you already have the Wii U version :heh:

Streetpass support is nice, collab feature is nice, lack of online? Deal breaker.

Can't even share stages with the Wii U version locally? Literally no point in getting it if you already have the Wii U version :heh:

There is some form of online though (as mentioned in the vid on the first post) it's just not the complete setup like what's available on Wii U.

The worst thing is definitely not being able to swap course data between the 2 versions locally though, if that's been confirmed... still not sure. :hmm:

There is some form of online though (as mentioned in the vid on the first post) it's just not the complete setup like what's available on Wii U.

The worst thing is definitely not being able to swap course data between the 2 versions locally though, if that's been confirmed... still not sure. :hmm:

I suppose they probably aren't allowing online uploading because the 3DS version can't handle the full size/weight of levels and items that the Wii U version can, so they don't want to muddy the waters so to speak...

But not allowing you to transfer your levels to Wii U (even if it's one way only) is just so mindbogglingly stupid that it's actually typical of Nintendo :heh:

Also, why not take the opportunity to introduce Mario Land 1 & 2 themes? If you can't make it match the Wii U one, why not make it a bit special in of itself?

Also, why not take the opportunity to introduce Mario Land 1 & 2 themes? If you can't make it match the Wii U one, why not make it a bit special in of itself?

why not go further and have this be Super WARIO maker and have mario Land and Wario Land levels? if it was centred around the hand held game they could have made the case better on why it won't pair up with the WiiU version in anyway

why not go further and have this be Super WARIO maker and have mario Land and Wario Land levels? if it was centred around the hand held game they could have made the case better on why it won't pair up with the WiiU version in anyway

Brilliant idea! Give this man a prize.:bowdown:

Pre-orders are now live on the Nintendo Store.

490x245-SMM-3DS-Brand-Page-SW-035625.jpg

Place it now - if you want - and you get to choose your free gift. :)

Question mark block storage tin is clearly the best so I went for that. ;)

It's sad times indeed when you're more excited by the free gift than the game though... :p

I quite like the mug.

In all honesty, they are all good gifts. :D

The mug is a nice item, though I'd feel that it's too nice to use so it would stay in its box... :indeed: that packaging though. :awesome:

The coasters seem reasonable, but I just have a feeling that the might end up being either kind of cheap, or again... too good to use so back in that lovely box. :sad:

The book seems to be a nice notebook with a lenticular on the outer sleeve, shiny... but again I probably wouldn't ever write in it. ::shrug:

The question mark tin is a lovely box in itself and it could go nicely on my desk, lots of small gaming bits could be stored in it... though it had better not arrive dented. :blank:

The T-Shirt... is overpriced, basic and not so "limited" as we were led to believe when it was put in the Mario Z Boxes over at Zavvi some time ago... yeah I bought one for some odd reason so I already have that shirt.

I think Nintendo missed a trick by not having a bundle with ALL the free gifts and the game for £64... :laughing:

I've definitely seen the mug and shirt in shops so I assume they can all be picked up from retailers if you want.

Shirt

Mug

Coasters

Tin

Book

Edited by Ashley

Those are very nice gifts, tough to choose between the coasters, mug and coin tin.

The t-shirt... :blank: