NEurope
Serebii

Mario Sports SuperStars (3DS) - Spring 2017

Local & online multiplayer

Football, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, and Horse Racing.

Edited by Serebii

Loving the look of this, football in particular! icon14.gif

Shame it seems to be toads and koopas making up the majority of a team though, would've been great if you could play using a team of 11 main characters! :hehe:

Is the developer known? I'm assuming Camelot is at least involved with Tennis & Golf.

I really wonder how full or dished out it feels when you have played Golf, Strikers Charged, Power Tennis etc. Still it would be cool to play footie, tennis or horseback riding online!

I really wonder how full or dished out it feels when you have played Golf, Strikers Charged, Power Tennis etc. Still it would be cool to play footie, tennis or horseback riding online!
Well the online features are already better than Ultra Smash on Wii U: :hehe:

DAy2nYP.jpg

Does the horse not have eyes? Although speaking of eyes I like how everyone is so serious and Daisy is just there like "I love my horsey".

It is quite nice, good use of colour too.

Camelot%20Copyright_zpspvninw7a.png

Going by the copyright notice at the end of the Japanese ND (check the 3rd row on the left most column), Golf and Tennis are made by Camelot, while the rest are made by someone else...

So it seems that this is going to be a bit like Wii Play Motion/Streetpass Plaza. A jam session game where different developers make different parts of the game.

I've mentioned I'd like this before and can't believe they've done it, I really hope it is fully featured. Look great and can't wait!!

Ooohh I may have to buy another 3DS for this.

If re-buy a 3DS and log in to my account will I get back all the games I've purchased on the eshop?

Ooohh I may have to buy another 3DS for this.

If re-buy a 3DS and log in to my account will I get back all the games I've purchased on the eshop?

No. You can only transfer content from one 3DS to another using a local System Transfer with both consoles present. If you haven't deleted your account though, Nintendo might be able to recover it for you though if you ring them up and explain your situation though.

Namco are making the other three sports, pretty much what I expected.

(When in doubt about a Nintendo collab production, it's usually Namco ;) )

I think I'd be more excited for this if I didn't already own Mario Tennis Open and Mario Golf: World Tour! Part of me wishes they had went all in on a new Super Mario Strikers game, even though I do quite like the look of the baseball and horse racing :grin:

Part of me wishes they had went all in on a new Super Mario Strikers game

All of me wishes this.

All of me wishes this.

I'm definitely still interested in Mario Sports Superstars but I feel like the football will probably suffer by not being the sole focus of the experience.

Hopefully it will turn out better than I imagine and lead to some intense multiplayer matches online :hehe:

I'm really looking forward to this game. If they are the full versions of the games, then I hope this is how they move forward with it. Without the RPG modes and such, I think it's fair to lump them all together in what is pretty much a multiplayer package.

The game is set for 24th March release in the US. Hopefully a UK release isn't that far behind.

Nintendo also announced amiibo card support.

New Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards: By tapping one of these new amiibo character cards while playing Mario Sports Superstars, players will get a variety of fun bonuses. The Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards can be purchased in blind packs of five at a suggested retail price of $4.99 each, starting on March 24. For a limited time, the Mario Sports Superstars game will include one amiibo card packed in.

I'm hoping there's standard amiibo support, especially as there are already a bunch of Mario characters out there.

A few days ago, Nintendo announced that Mario Sports Superstars is making its way to North America on March 24. Europe will be getting the game slightly earlier. Today, Nintendo revealed a release date of March 10 for PAL regions.

Nice. Surprised we are getting it before the US.

It's a shame this is coming out so close to Switch launch, I'd really like to get it but I won't have any spare cash for a while. Hope the online isn't barren when I can finally pick it up.

Thanks NOE but that doesn't make up for the rubbish Zelda box art

Your priorities are borked.

The Box art isn't 'Rubbish', it's just not as good.

This is online right?

Yup. I dunno how the match making will work but i'm gonna assume it will be like the Mario Golf/Tennis games.