NEurope
Phube

Football Season 2016/17

We beat Manchester City in Gothenburg, but the headline is Gabriel suffering a nasty injury in injury time in a clash with Sterling, looks like cruciate ligament damage which would mean it looks like Holding and Chambers against Liverpool,unless Wenger proceeds to find a replacement.

Gotta to go with Monreal and Chambers at centre back if he doesn't want to risk Koscielny. Only Arsenal consistently get themselves in this problem.

[tweet]762302237880311808[/tweet]

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Season starts tomorrow not good enough from the board. I'll be there Sunday cheering the boys but there will be a lot of disgruntled fans.

I only heard the match on the radio but I wasn't feeling particularly confident about Liverpool throughout the first half. As soon as we made it 4-1, though, I stepped out of the room to share the joy with my wife! When I returned, it was 4-2 and I immediately felt that we would actually throw it all away.. and we nearly did :eek:

Liverpool don't do comfortable :shakehead

Happy that United came through the opening game with a good result, but also sad that it just had to be against Bournemouth. I really like the way we played today, there was a good deal of balance and we had something that we didn't seem to have last season. I'm feeling confident. Just not quite sure how we're going to line up when Pogba and Mikhi play and everyone is fit.

I feel a little bit sorry for Arsenal. I don't think they played badly enough to concede 4 goals, but I guess a narrow loss is about the right result. They'll get criticised to hell because it's four goals conceded at home and Wenger had a lack of options, but the actual performance isn't the worst or anywhere near that. Arsenal will sign players, but they probably should be doing their business a little earlier.

So I'm watch Chelsea vs. West Ham on the local TV station and I have to say the new Premier League graphics are ugly as sin! Who ever thought this was a good idea? I wouldn't be surprised if the person who 'designed' this rubbish picked up a massive cheque as well....

Thankfully SKY, BT and the BBC use their own graphics. All of which are at the very least inoffensive!

So I hear that Diego Costa scores the winning goal in a game where he should have received a second card and a subsequent sending off minutes beforehand.

Welcome back, Premier League.

My former work colleague whos a West Ham fan showed me the Costa challenge:

13963068_777839028985725_4456822362010620472_o.jpg

14045655_777839125652382_3747501877855875568_n.jpg?oh=4bd5b57b8e7c651954e1080c92c5be79&oe=58563FB8

Straight red every day of the week. He gets away with so much shit.

Ouch! That is dangerous, should've been a red. He'll get a retrospective ban for that, it's a shame it was missed... even as a Chelsea fan I'll say that! Silly challenge!

Straight red every day of the week. He gets away with so much shit.

Yet some people still claim he isn't a dirty player. Think he was the only person the whole weekend to get a booking for charging the referee after he made a decision too? Disgusting person, can't stand him.

Mahrez signs new Foxes deal

That's another ongoing transfer rumor gone.

I couldn't realistically see him leaving. Leicester have lost Kante and I think that's as far as it'll go with selling players this season. It's the right thing for them to do if they want to reeeeally challenge for top four again. They could have become Southampton or Everton II and sold Kante + Vardy, Mahrez, Morgan, Schmeichel, Drinkwater and Huth.

Excellent performance tonight by the team. Pogba looked great, but Ibrahimovic looks like he'll become a cult hero at the club at the rate he's going. I was one of the ones who wasn't sure about his signing, but it's all going well so far. In truth, each of Mourinho's signings look like they could turn out well for the club and add something that we didn't have beforehand or lacked last season.

Compared to last season, this was a really enjoyable game. There was a bit of physicality tonight that we didn't really have last year. Fellaini and Pogba looked very strong in the middle, with Bailly and Blind behind.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Anyone set up a N-E Fantasy Football league yet?

Has a fantasy league been set up then?

Champions League group stage draw:

Group A: Paris-Saint Germain, Arsenal, FC Basel, Ludogorets

Group B: Benfica, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Besiktas

Group C: Barcelona, Manchester City, Borussia Monchengladbach, Celtic

Group D: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, PSV Eindhoven, FC Rostov

Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham, Monaco

Group F: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Sporting Lisbon, Legia Warsaw

Group G: Leicester, Porto, Club Brugge, FC Copenhagen

Group H: Juventus, Sevilla, Lyon, Dynamo Zagreb

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Yeah, that group seems nailed on, fight for top of the group (Barca and City) and the fight for Europa (Celtic and Monchengladbach).

Dat group C of death!

I don't really what makes it the group of death, other than the fact it has Barca and Man City.

In reality, it has:

Barcelona

England's 4th best side

Germany's 4th best side

Scotland's champions, but Scottish football is crap.

Yes, that's putting Man City down a bit, but just stating the facts.

I wouldn't say there's a real group of death, but there's several other groups I'd say will be tougher/closer than that.

Pretty pleased with Arsenal's group. Thank god it wasn't possible to get Dortmund, and we've avoided our annual double header with Bayern or Barca until the next round! Leicester have a chance of getting through to the next round potentially. Spurs are jammy and have a Europa League group!