Mr-Paul

EU Referendum - In/Out?

The EU?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. The EU?

• In
    • Out
    • Shake it all about

So the next PM is going to be an anti-immigrant anti-LGBT person.

Great.

Excellent.

Just the kind of control we wanted.

Great.

Excellent.

I know, its not brilliant. Unfortunately, the Tories (much like Labour did in 2007) only have the power to select the Prime Minister. I think due to the task ahead for the next PM whoever she is should introduce a bill into parliament repealing the Fixed Term Parliaments Act and then calling for a general election.

The only positive thing is that the country is going to have its second female Prime Minister. This is encouraging and was done without any positive discrimination or all- female shortlisting. Hopefully in the future the fact that a PM is a woman will be less worthy of mention.

Great.

Excellent.

I know, its not brilliant. Unfortunately, the Tories (much like Labour did in 2007) only have the power to select the Prime Minister. I think due to the task ahead for the next PM whoever she is should introduce a bill into parliament repealing the Fixed Term Parliaments Act and then calling for a general election.

The only positive thing is that the country is going to have its second female Prime Minister. This is encouraging and was done without any positive discrimination or all- female shortlisting. Hopefully in the future the fact that a PM is a woman will be less worthy of mention.

Thatcher was barely human, let alone a woman.

Probably applies to all the Tories to be honest

Thatcher was barely human, let alone a woman.

Probably applies to all the Tories to be honest

I don't give a fuck about your gender if you're an awful piece of shit like they are. I don't think we should be pleased the next PM is a woman when it comes at the cost of their humanity.

And the FTPA doesn't need to be repealed, there are ways to call an early general election.

I don't give a fuck about your gender if you're an awful piece of shit like they are. I don't think we should be pleased the next PM is a woman when it comes at the cost of their humanity.

And the FTPA doesn't need to be repealed, there are ways to call an early general election.

I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of Theresa May as our next PM. (Not like we had a choice LOL - what was that about unelected officials?)

I'm glad that Gove (the twatfuck) isn't going to be PM. But...all of the options are pretty shit.

I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of Theresa May as our next PM. (Not like we had a choice LOL - what was that about unelected officials?)

I'm glad that Gove (the twatfuck) isn't going to be PM. But...all of the options are pretty shit.

No it doesn't have to be repealed. You can just follow the procedure under the Act.

No it doesn't have to be repealed. You can just follow the procedure under the Act.

If you want you can still join the conservative party to cast your vote :laughing:

In fairness, all the PM candidates ARE democratically elected. The choice of which MP is selected as PM was largely done by democratically elected MP's, and next the final choice will be democratically chosen by conservative party members. The candidates weren't chosen by unelected individuals in the first round, and anyone CAN still vote for the final candidate, should they successfully join the Conservative party by tomorrow.

Main thing for me is that Gove is out of the picture. Makes me chuckle that people speak of the "towering intellect" of a man who can't even count :laughing:

If you want you can still join the conservative party to cast your vote :laughing:

In fairness, all the PM candidates ARE democratically elected. The choice of which MP is selected as PM was largely done by democratically elected MP's, and next the final choice will be democratically chosen by conservative party members. The candidates weren't chosen by unelected individuals in the first round, and anyone CAN still vote for the final candidate, should they successfully join the Conservative party by tomorrow.

Main thing for me is that Gove is out of the picture. Makes me chuckle that people speak of the "towering intellect" of a man who can't even count :laughing:

Except you can't.

You have to have been a member since before the 'call for nominations' was opened to MPs on June 29.

AND you have to have been a member for three months by the time voting ends - so, more or less since the beginning of June.

So hard luck. If you're not a member already, and didn't join before the last weeks of the EU referendum campaign, you're stuck with whoever wins.

Source.

So much hypocrisy in this referendum. Take back control my ass.

Except you can't.

You have to have been a member since before the 'call for nominations' was opened to MPs on June 29.

AND you have to have been a member for three months by the time voting ends - so, more or less since the beginning of June.

So hard luck. If you're not a member already, and didn't join before the last weeks of the EU referendum campaign, you're stuck with whoever wins.

Source.

So much hypocrisy in this referendum. Take back control my ass.

It becomes a real problem when they start doing what they want and wasn't in the election mandate. By the sounds of it Leadsom plans to do whatever the fuck she wants and that is not what the Tories were voted in for.

If they steered the course it would be passable, but if they aren't elected and then start doing things that weren't in the mandate we're in that "unelected officials" part.

It becomes a real problem when they start doing what they want and wasn't in the election mandate. By the sounds of it Leadsom plans to do whatever the fuck she wants and that is not what the Tories were voted in for.

If they steered the course it would be passable, but if they aren't elected and then start doing things that weren't in the mandate we're in that "unelected officials" part.

When the candidates were first announced I did some hardcore research on each of them (read their pages on wikipedia). All of the candidates had something awful about them, but in my opinion May is the best of a bad bunch.

When the candidates were first announced I did some hardcore research on each of them (read their pages on wikipedia). All of the candidates had something awful about them, but in my opinion May is the best of a bad bunch.