NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo @ E3 2016

So, does anyone think we will get a few cheeky surprises scattered throughout the Treehouse segments?

I was listening to the Nintendo Voice Chat E3 predictions show and they were talking about Mother 3. I completely forgot about the rumour of that getting a western release. It would be pretty cool if during a segment one of the Treehouse presenters told people that they should checkout the eShop and there it was.

So, does anyone think we will get a few cheeky surprises scattered throughout the Treehouse segments?

I was listening to the Nintendo Voice Chat E3 predictions show and they were talking about Mother 3. I completely forgot about the rumour of that getting a western release. It would be pretty cool if during a segment one of the Treehouse presenters told people that they should checkout the eShop and there it was.

It's definitely possible, they kinda just nonchalantly dropped EarthBound Beginnings a day before last year's E3. I can see them doing the same thing again this year.

It's definitely possible, they kinda just nonchalantly dropped EarthBound Beginnings a day before last year's E3. I can see them doing the same thing again this year.

That was such a great moment. Even though I had no interest in the game it was hard not to get caught up in it all. :D

SURELY there'll be some little surprises! Hoping for Picross 3D 2, quite a few release dates, DLC for Splatoon and Mario Maker. New amiibo. Surely a few Eshop games!

SURELY there'll be some little surprises! Hoping for Picross 3D 2, quite a few release dates, DLC for Splatoon and Mario Maker. New amiibo. Surely a few Eshop games!

Gaf pointed out that there was something filed for amiibo the other day. It's probably the last of the Smash set. Other than those I can't think of any others that could be on the cards, especially if there aren't any new games to go alongside them.

Gaf pointed out that there was something filed for amiibo the other day. It's probably the last of the Smash set. Other than those I can't think of any others that could be on the cards, especially if there aren't any new games to go alongside them.

Pokémon card amiibo to go with the Pokémon Badges in Badge Arcade to solidify their attempt to take all my bank balance

Pokémon card amiibo to go with the Pokémon Badges in Badge Arcade to solidify their attempt to take all my bank balance

It is legit amazing that they haven't made Amiibo Pokemon TCG cards yet. That is a gold mine just waiting to be... well... mined!

I'm disappointed that Nintendo haven't included DLC on Amiibo's yet. It would be great if I could buy a Ryu or Cloud Amiibo that would unlock that character in Smash, but I guess they get more money if people have to buy the DLC and an Amiibo.

Now there's confirmation Neo won't be at E3 and the rumours are that its way too early for Scorpio is to be shown, I'd love Nintendo to do a u-turn and bring the NX to E3.

Otherwise I just can't get hyped for Ninty at all and I'm not sure Zelda will manage to get me hyped with it being so far off now.

Surprised it's not been mentioned but Nintendo UK boss Simon Kemp has quit... a bit worrying the week before E3?

Surprised it's not been mentioned but Nintendo UK boss Simon Kemp has quit... a bit worrying the week before E3?

TBF, it's not like Nintendo UK have anything to do with E3

I'm sorry but after last years show, I won't lead myself to imagine there'll be anything even remotely surprising (outside of learning new things about Zelda).

Simon who?

I'm sorry but after last years show, I won't lead myself to imagine there'll be anything even remotely surprising (outside of learning new things about Zelda).

You can say a lot of things about last year's show, but it certainly was surprising. I don't think anyone predicted that we'd see Earthbound Beginnings get announced out of nowhere, or Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival being... A thing!

That being said, I expect nothing this year. My hype is simply through the floor. They only just about got me to bother watching it with their latest backtrack announcement, but I don't expect anything new to be announced or shown outside of what we already know.

You can say a lot of things about last year's show, but it certainly was surprising. I don't think anyone predicted that we'd see Earthbound Beginnings get announced out of nowhere, or Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival being... A thing!

That being said, I expect nothing this year. My hype is simply through the floor. They only just about got me to bother watching it with their latest backtrack announcement, but I don't expect anything new to be announced or shown outside of what we already know.

It's a shame it's come to this but you're certainly not alone. Across various forums you can see that Nintendo fans are feeling very down about the whole thing. Nintendo only sites have also struggled to generate any meaningful hype as it's somewhat pointless to do predictions.

Whenever Nintendo do decide to show the NX they have got A LOT to make up for and better show the thing with a massive fanfare and spectacle. They've essentially ruined a lot of gamers Christmas period.

It's a shame it's come to this but you're certainly not alone. Across various forums you can see that Nintendo fans are feeling very down about the whole thing. Nintendo only sites have also struggled to generate any meaningful hype as it's somewhat pointless to do predictions.

Whenever Nintendo do decide to show the NX they have got A LOT to make up for and better show the thing with a massive fanfare and spectacle. They've essentially ruined a lot of gamers Christmas period.

I think "ruining" Christmas is a little harsh, I mean let's face it how many Nintendo gamers aren't getting their gaming needs filled elsewhere nowadays?

I do feel the same though. I'm not bothered in the slightest at watching Nintendo's briefing as it would genuinely be a waste of my time. I could give a rats ass if I wake up the next day and find that something interesting was announced and everyone says it was the best briefing evaaaaa. I can watch it afterwards.

But my money is on it not being that.

I think "ruining" Christmas is a little harsh I mean let's face it how many Nintendo gamers aren't getting their gaming needs filled elsewhere nowadays?

It still feels that way to me.

Despite spending a lot of time playing on other consoles it's still Nintendo's E3 offerings that I look forward to the most. It's the one I care the most about and the one I'm most passionate about. If Sony or Microsoft have a disappointing conference then I kinda shrug it off but when Nintendo don't deliver the goods it really bums me out.

You can say a lot of things about last year's show, but it certainly was surprising.

Yeah, surprisingly shit.

Yeah, surprisingly shit.

This is the truth. Last year Nintendo were desperately in need of a good showing and considering the droughts (again, after promises there wouldn't be, again) plenty thought it would/should be a stellar showing.

But it was utter drivel!

Then this year they've announced their most underwhelming E3 to date! Nintendo are in danger of slipping into complete irrelevancy!

This is the truth. Last year Nintendo were desperately in need of a good showing and considering the droughts (again, after promises there wouldn't be, again) plenty thought it would/should be a stellar showing.

But it was utter drivel!

Then this year they've announced their most underwhelming E3 to date! Nintendo are in danger of slipping into complete irrelevancy!

What do you expect?? Every one of their studios is focused on NX software! It's been a rough couple of years but they're clearly prioritising their next console, and rightly so. There were never going to be any huge announcements.

As for this E3, a big Zelda reveal will be enough for me. Can't wait to see that game in action and I'm ten times more hyped about that than anything on rival consoles.

But it was utter drivel!

I'm usually not so unforgiving, but the scars of last years E3 and E3 2012 (The Nintendoland blowout) are just too memorable to think there is any substantial change in strategy or delivery.

I'm actually happier to disconnect from the whole hype train predictions stuff. Its a shame though, because this time of year has always been our gaming Christmas equivalent, where we come together with festive cheer and high hopes...

Look on the bright side - at least next year should be pretty interesting.

What do you expect?? Every one of their studios is focused on NX software! It's been a rough couple of years but they're clearly prioritising their next console, and rightly so. There were never going to be any huge announcements.

As for this E3, a big Zelda reveal will be enough for me. Can't wait to see that game in action and I'm ten times more hyped about that than anything on rival consoles.

I really do hope so, but we all did think the same at the end of the Wii's lifespan and look how that turned out.

Zelda is a game I'm hyped for more than anything too, but I worry they'll show too much of it with E3 practically focusing on just that, so I kind want to avoid it a little which then lessens the hype for their showing because it's mostly that.

The rumour that concerns me the most is that NX won't be competing with PS4 for power. So is it just a Wii U .5, surely at the very least it should be as powerfully as a 3 year old console. Unless it's a portable system in which case fair enough. FFS Nintendo just tell us what the bloody thing is already.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-stopping-by-youtubes-e3-2016-stream-on-monday/

The large bulk of Nintendo’s E3 plans start on Tuesday. However, there might be something for fans to look forward to on Monday as well.

Sometime between 5:30 PM ET and 6 PM ET (2:30 PM PT and 3 PM PT), Nintendo will be stopping by the official YouTube stream hosted by Geoff Keighley. The schedule notes that “special guests” will be appearing, but doesn’t provide specific information.

Might be something, might be nothing? ::shrug:

I'm usually not so unforgiving, but the scars of last years E3 and E3 2012 (The Nintendoland blowout) are just too memorable to think there is any substantial change in strategy or delivery.

I'm actually happier to disconnect from the whole hype train predictions stuff. Its a shame though, because this time of year has always been our gaming Christmas equivalent, where we come together with festive cheer and high hopes...

Focusing on the negative rather than the positive of years like 2014?

That's a bit of a shame that your mind goes to that.

Some years are good, some are bad. You don't go crazy about Sony for their dodgy years despite them doing well 2013 and 2015, do you?

Edited by Serebii