N-Europe

Pokémon Direct 26th February

Ashley

Well all righty then. Buckle down, Serebii...this is the big one.

I'm still behind the gen 6.5 theory. 3rd editions have been building what they allow every gen and the next logical step is new Mon/new area for a third edition. Already got new Mon announced. Though, they could just decide "let's just skip to next gen" but I hope not, because we'd be forever without a refined/expanded version of gen 6 (until remakes many years from now). I feel like the story for gen 6 is unfinished, though. A Z DLC expansion AND gen 7 announcement would be a shocker, though. Finish gen 6 story off and save new mon/new area for gen 7, it would be in that case.

With the VC games now, I could see them release a universal trainer ID app for 3DS to keep track of badges/caught Mon and other stats, as more and more Pokemon VC games become available. It's a simple enough idea and would be hugely popular.

Predictions; new 3DS main entry, then a trailer wheel of upcoming games.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Personally I want to move on from Gen 6 ASAP.

X/Y were very disappointing for me, especially after the absolutely stellar Gen 5 games!

Following that, we had a disappointing remake of the worst Pokemon games...

Yeah... I just want to get Gen 6 out of the way already :p

But I know how it works... The second Pokemon gen on the same platform is always the best of the bunch.

Gen 2 (GSC), Gen 5 (BW/BW2), Gen 7 (???)

You know it's true ;)

As an aside, they had better fix the technical issues involved in X/Y. Even if it has to be New3DS enhanced/exclusive to do so, it needs to be done. The current state that Gen 6 is in tech wise is completely unacceptable! It's not even good looking at all outside of the battles (and even that has pretty much no background detail at all) and it STILL runs like a dog and that's with NO 3D SUPPORT to boot!

Otherwise, the thing I want to see the most is to have Inverse Battles become a standard format (like Doubles/Rotation/Triples), not something that appears just once and is inaccessible in multiplayer at all. It (quite literally) turns the entire game on it's head and it's great fun! It's criminal that it's not being used elsewhere at all!

Edited by Dcubed

Personally I want to move on from Gen 6 ASAP.

X/Y were very disappointing for me, especially after the absolutely stellar Gen 5 games!

Following that, we had a disappointing remake of the worst Pokemon games...

Yeah... I just want to get Gen 6 out of the way already :p

But I know how it works... The second Pokemon gen on the same platform is always the best of the bunch.

Gen 2 (GSC), Gen 5 (BW/BW2), Gen 7 (???)

You know it's true ;)

As an aside, they had better fix the technical issues involved in X/Y. Even if it has to be New3DS enhanced/exclusive to do so, it needs to be done. The current state that Gen 6 is in tech wise is completely unacceptable! It's not even good looking at all outside of the battles (and even that has pretty much no background detail at all) and it STILL runs like a dog and that's with NO 3D SUPPORT to boot!

Otherwise, the thing I want to see the most is to have Inverse Battles become a standard format (like Doubles/Rotation/Triples), not something that appears just once and is inaccessible in multiplayer at all. It (quite literally) turns the entire game on it's head and it's great fun! It's criminal that it's not being used elsewhere at all!

That's only happened once :p

We're not done with Gen VI yet, far from it.

That's only happened once :p

We're not done with Gen VI yet, far from it.

Twice. Both Gen 2 and Gen 5 were released on the same platform as their predecessor (G/S were playable on the original brick GB and were GBC Enhanced, while BW/BW2 were playable on DS and were DSi Enhanced)

Makes sense though. The developers have to spend a lot of time learning the ins and outs of a new console the first time round when they're making the first new gen for a specific Nintendo handheld; while with the second time around, they're already familiar with it and can just focus on the game's content instead of learning how to code for the new platform.

I'd be shocked if we didn't get Pokemon Z this year, but personally I just want to get on with Gen 7 already! :p

Edit: HOHOHOHOHOHO!!

Looks like I may be getting my wish! :D

8IJHYnY.png

OLz8ExS.png

latest?cb=20080831163822&path-prefix=en

Pokemon ripping off Kirby is fine by me! :D

Oh, hey. @Serebii...

;)

Edited by Dcubed
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, just enough time to announce they're cancelling the series ;)

Yeah, cancelling their top series.

Hey look it happened [GIANT TONGUE-STICKY OUT EMOJI TO INDICATE THAT I KNOW IT AINT REAL I'M JUST HAVING A LARK INNIT]

CcEc23bWoAAXDwX.jpg

That's exactly my thought.

You really are sticking to your guns, @Serebii

Who's to say that new region couldn't be the next gen? Why wouldn't it?

I'm with @Serebii (though I'm not exactly sure where he stands right now) on this one. Though the time period is about right for the start of Gen VII, there are still slots for two possible games in Gen VI, and they still have a bit to wrap up in regards to the overall story there. This clearly isn't going to be a direct Kalos sequel, a la Z or Emerald Z or whatever.

Sun and Moon. It can still, and I think will, link into the overarching story we've had this generation. At this stage I think this does mean new Pokémon (they aren't putting Solrock and Lunatone on the covers...), but just how many I'm not so sure. A Spanish region linking to Kalos via the unseen Southern Kalos seems pretty likely, especially considering how high they hold their beliefs in such things to this date.

New generations normally come with new consoles, the only exception here being Gen V, but that clearly optimised what could be done with a DS. I feel that's what will be done here.