NEurope
Dog-amoto

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December 2017)

5 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

I think that this trailer was much smarter, but have to agree that TFA's was clearly better in terms of hyping things up; ultimately, I feel that that boils down to the dependence on Original Trilogy motifs and music in the TFA trailer, whereas as TLJ's includes a lot of the new stuff we first heard in TFA.

Gosh darn, this film really can't come soon enough!

One of my favourite things about the new trailer was how dark and powerful they'd arranged the music we first heard in TFA. 

One of my criticisms of TFA was that the music was too quiet (and on first watch a bit forgettable), but alas most movies have much quieter music compared with the 80s. To be honest most modern films have really forgettable soundtracks. I do miss films with really catchy and memorable themes. 

I’m trying to go into the film without knowing too much - I’m already avoiding TV spots, international trailers, etc.

But now, apparently, Adam Driver (who portrays Ben Solo/Kylo Ren) has let something slip in an interview with some magazine outlet. 

Seems like I might have to enter a media blackout sooner rather than later.

On the upside, though, only 45 days to go! :D

EDIT: seems like it will turn out to be a (very loud) false alarm. Thank the Force.

Edited by Julius Caesar

So, the international poster could have a potential spoiler in it which I’d rate as medium-to-high, but it could be a strange and misdirecting photoshop. Goodness knows: they’ve been pretty weird when it comes to international marketing, in my opinion.

star-wars-the-last-jedi-international-po

Also, here’s the international trailer (which shows barely anything new, and in my opinion, is cut terribly, both visually and musically; I found it to be rather janky):

Nice to know that they’re keeping a lid on things worldwide, even if that means the trailer doesn’t hold a candle to either of The Force Awakens’ international trailers (seriously, I thought that those things were masterpieces):

Edited by Julius Caesar

Disney and Lucasfilm are that pleased with the job that The Last Jedi’s writer-director Rian Johnson did with the film that they’ve given him the freedom to create his own trilogy outside of the episodic Skywalker Saga (so not X, XI and XII), the first of which he will also write-direct, prior to The Last Jedi’s release next month.

No wonder he turned down the opportunity to direct IX. He gets to take control of an entire trilogy instead!

I don’t think Hollywood’s ever seen a larger endorsement for a film’s quality than this.

My excitement for The Last Jedi is through the roof :D

Edited by Julius Caesar

I've also been thinking that if they've given him his own trilogy The Last Jedi must be amazing. I remember Abrams saying that after he'd read the script he wish he'd directed TLJ. Fingers crossed it's amazing!

• Like 1

Confirmed: the film will be 150 minutes long, making it the longest Star Wars movie to date.

anigif_original-18369-1394220384-38.gif?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

First 10 minutes screened in Mexico.

ihaveabadfeeling-luke.gif?w=520

It’s going to be a long 23 days...

Who the hell would go and watch the first ten minutes of the film?

1 hour ago, bob said:

Who the hell would go and watch the first ten minutes of the film?

Those in the (Mexican) media who want clickbait titles :p

So, Mark Hamill invented a tragic backstory for Luke in preparation for his role in The Last Jedi. It’s absolutely not canon, but it’s a really interesting read, and shows a side to Mark Hamill that I don’t think we’ve seen before with his portrayals of Luke. I’ve believed for a while that this film is going to be very, very special, and this just furthers my anticipation!

Oh, and there’s now (less than) 10 days to go! We can now count it down with our fingers and thumbs! :D

MYxxk.gif

Right, we’re now (less than) one week away!

giphy.gif

With the world premiere on Saturday evening, and the opening 10/15 minutes shown in Japan last night during a preview, I’m officially leaving the internet.

See you all on the other side! :)

Finally.  Now we can all talk about how rubbish Star Wars is :heh:

I don't know when I'll end up seeing it.  I usually pop to the crappy local cinema while I'm home over Christmas but get the feeling I won't get a chance this time round.

Luke is Han's father!

I don't know when I'll see it either. I might drag myself to the cinema but I didnt bother seeing Force Awakens until it was released on blu ray so that could just happen again.

Yup, feeling no hype whatsoever. The Force awakens and especially Rogue one were disappointments, and I fully expect this one to be as well. The only hope I have if they finally do something interesting with the story, the thing they tease with Rey / Kylo Ren and the whole Jedi ending thing. But I can easily see them doing absolutely nothing with that. Anyway, I'll see it soon enough, luckily I don't have to spend (extra) money on my ticket.

I'm fairly confident there'll be at least one big twist that I won't be expecting. Generally I'm just looking forward to the spectacle.

35 minutes ago, bob said:

I'm fairly confident there'll be at least one big twist that I won't be expecting. 

It's actually about the first sith.

Going to the midnight double bill tomorrow, can't wait.

Only saw the trailer for the first time on Sunday at the cinema as I was trying to avoid it but it's just got me excited for it.

Well, I have many thoughts about this. Can't wait for more people to see it so I can discuss them.

Got double bill tickets tomorrow too, but my mate now can’t get there until 10:30pm so we’re both binning it off, I’m off to spurs v Brighton and just watching the last Jedi.