NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - April 1st - 11pm BST

Man, i'm shattered this morning. I was so

Amiibo

There is an issue with the Amiibo though and that is that they need to get more made and shipped out. If more games are going to use them then they need to be widely available for the public. None of this waiting for the preorders to go up, you should be able to walk into a store and simply buy them.

QFT!:bowdown:

Or they could produce more. More money for Nintendo too.

That's what I said?

That's what I said?

I know, I just deleted it. I'm tired, sorry.

Or they could produce more. More money for Nintendo too.

That's what I said?

Well it's what you inferred. Yes, it can easily be read that you think they should make more but it was more about Americans taking it than Nintendo needing to make more.

Can't we all just get along?

I thought the Direct was pretty damn strong. Especially considering E3 is only two months away.

Particularly liked the look of:

Splatoon

Yoshi

N64 games on VC

Fatal Frame

Fire Emblem Choose Your Path (even though I don't own a 3DS)

The new Mario Kart track!

I knew they'd be nothing major, as afterall we're too close to E3. But I still felt they offered some great stuff, especially N64 VC games!

Yoshi looks dreamy, really hope the game length and quality lives up to how much they've clearly poured into the look of it all :)

I always knew Mario 64 would be a VC launch title if/when N64 games came to Wii U. But if you're not super excited at the DK64 reveal then you have no soul, frankly ;)

Oh crap, Box Boy is out now, too? Was busy with Rumble World at that time.

Good crap my wallet is hurting from Nintendo stuff over the next few months

There seemed to be way more content in yesterday's Direct than usual, there was no time wasting it was just announcement after announcement.

Oh crap, Box Boy is out now, too?

Yep, downloaded it last night and ended up spending an hour playing it, like the direct wasn't late enough! Great little game, up to world 9 this morning and already really impressed. The idea is so simple but some of the "puzzles" are quite fiendish.

Enjoyed the direct last night. I wasn't expecting any surprises, so was great to see things like fatal frame and fire emblem in there. Loving the new amiibo, especially the yoshi ones, and I like the fact we're finally getting card ones, much more practical. Also great to see the street pass plaza get another update. I finished all the current stuff ages ago and this is something I've been wanting for a long time.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about the new Streetpass Plaza games, another nice little update.

Right so i'm awake now

Like H-O-T i too regret staying up late, should have just avoided the internet and watched it before work.

Anyway

N64 VC FINALLY! I'm going to have to get Mario64, it will be great to finally be able to play a re-release of the game with proper camera control (the DS version was too awkward)...not bothered too much about Donkey Kong

Really happy to see both (or possibly all three) Fire Emblems, especially since Shin was though to be dead.

Release dates for Yoshi's Oooly Ooorld was good, the game looks spectacular, and that Amiibo i must get a hold of

Splatoon, despite not having voice chat just looks awesome, i'll have to order that special edition i think

Mario Kart whilst i love the additions like 200cc and the release of the DLC i was hoping for something stonger and entirely new for the "one more thing" but we are close to e3. On a more positive note though its more reason to play mario kart

Wish the Mewtoo Amiibo had been shown, but its great to see i can buy the DLC, whilst our household has both versions i've got the WiiU version registered on my club nintendo and my GF got the 3Ds version, so no free DLC for us

Overall i was happy with the Direct, wish it had been longer really, and i wish it had been on earlier i was too tired to be enthusiastic last night

Oh street pass stuff, that was neat but the VIP bit was vague and if its just a store room for special mii's its pointless...do we have more info? i'm praying it ups street pass limits

I thought the direct was ok, probably much better if you already huge fans of the Amiibo, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, etc. For me, there wasn't really anything aside from the new Fire Emblem that got my attention.

Wasn't my mistake. You're pathetic. I've reported you AGAIN. Directly quoted me 3 times in 20 minutes. You were warned about this. Deleting my name changes nothing which you've done on countless other posts. You've spent the last hour attacking every one of my posts. To whom it may concern, wherever you see a post of mine followed by this stalker you know what it contains.

He's right @Ronnie, you have been warned about this. Repeatedly. Especially by me, let alone others. Whether or not you're removing his name/the quote on the posts, I can't deny you certainly do seem to be attacking his posts.

Now, you can either add him to your ignore list to save yourself the trouble of accidentally quoting and notifying him, or carry on as you are but the next time I see you mention or quote him directly, I'm banning you from the thread you do it in. Wii's making an effort to avoid you, whilst you seem to be doing the complete opposite and actively going out of your way to attack everything he says. I'm still being rather lenient with you, but if you keep it up you'll end up getting a harsher punishment than either of us want.

He's right @Ronnie, you have been warned about this. Repeatedly. Especially by me, let alone others. Whether or not you're removing his name/the quote on the posts, I can't deny you certainly do seem to be attacking his posts.

Now, you can either add him to your ignore list to save yourself the trouble of accidentally quoting and notifying him, or carry on as you are but the next time I see you mention or quote him directly, I'm banning you from the thread you do it in. Wii's making an effort to avoid you, whilst you seem to be doing the complete opposite and actively going out of your way to attack everything he says. I'm still being rather lenient with you, but if you keep it up you'll end up getting a harsher punishment than either of us want.

I'm not quoting him directly, I'm using anonymous quote tags so he doesn't get any notification. He's seeing my posts because I'm not actually on his ignore list. I'm doing nothing wrong, certainly nothing to warrant a ban. He posts utter childish nonsense and should expect to get challenged on it. He antagonises Serebii in this case claiming our Direct was 41 minutes and he was right all along, I replied correcting him. I'm not going out of my way attacking everything he says... everything he says is just entitled clueless bull$hit. This is a message board, where people discuss and argue their points of view, that's all I'm doing. It's up to me whether I ignore a user or not. I'll calm down and reply to far less of his posts but other than that my posts are par for the course of a message board.

I'm not quoting him directly, I'm using anonymous quote tags so he doesn't get any notification. He's seeing my posts because I'm not actually on his ignore list. I'm doing nothing wrong, certainly nothing to warrant a ban. He posts utter childish nonsense and should expect to get challenged on it. He antagonises Serebii in this case claiming our Direct was 41 minutes and he was right all along, I replied correcting him. I'm not going out of my way attacking everything he says... everything he says is just entitled clueless bull$hit. This is a message board, where people discuss and argue their points of view, that's all I'm doing. It's up to me whether I ignore a user or not. I'll calm down and reply to far less of his posts but other than that my posts are par for the course of a message board.

That's all well and good if it was correct, I edited out a quote that notified him in the Smash thread that I saw this morning - so consider this your final warning before you start getting banned from threads. As for what you're doing wrong - you're antagonising him by notifying him when he's put you on his ignore list to avoid conflict yet you absolutely refuse any suggestion of doing the same, despite constant and repeated warnings over the last 6 months not to do so - you continued to ignore the requests against mentioning and quoting. As I said, I am still being rather lenient, but that doesn't mean you can push it infinitely.

Let me state it clearly once more - don't notify Wii with mentions and quotes. That's simply what I'm addressing. If I see you do it in a thread, I will ban you from it.

Further discussion on the point is welcomed either via PM or on my wall(where it'll stay in a public sphere, if you wish) but no more in this thread. I was simply warning you of consequences of an action, not opening up a discussion.

I made one mistake on the Smash thread by keeping his name in the mention. I won't do it again and will carry on using anonymous quote tags to reply to him. Again, it's my decision whether to ignore a user or not.

Apart from the Mario Kart DLC/200CC stuff and Mario Maker I was rather unimpressed with the whole direct.

I have absolutely no interest in Amiibo and started to roll my eyes at how often they were mentioned. I'd rather just pay for DLC than have to buy figurines.

And Mario Maker's not coming til September? It's times like these I'm really glad I own more than just a Wii U.

Apart from the Mario Kart DLC/200CC stuff and Mario Maker I was rather unimpressed with the whole direct.

I have absolutely no interest in Amiibo and started to roll my eyes at how often they were mentioned. I'd rather just pay for DLC than have to buy figurines.

And Mario Maker's not coming til September? It's times like these I'm really glad I own more than just a Wii U.

Since they're using Mario Maker to be the 30th anniversary celebration of Super Mario Bros., logic dictates Mario Maker will be out Friday September 13th 2015

Yes I'm aware there was a logical reason, thanks. It was hardly difficult to notice all the "30th Anniversary" hoopla. But seeing as I'm not personally interested in much coming out for the system, it may be gathering dust after a few rounds of Mario Kart later this month.

I don't even use the WiiU for Netflix anymore, as it's slow, clunky and I could never figure out how to get it to automatically play the next episode of a series. Other platforms seem to do that as default.

why aren't the Amiibo's up to pre-order yet?! if the stock wasn't such a problem i wouldn't even bloody care, getting toon link or rosalina is a nightmare!

Was SMT x Fire Emblem known to be a Wii U game?

Yep, since 2013 :)

why aren't the Amiibo's up to pre-order yet?! if the stock wasn't such a problem i wouldn't even bloody care, getting toon link or rosalina is a nightmare!

I concur. I'm refreshing the Nintendo UK store like crazy

Awww, just found out on NeoGaf that there's no online multiplayer for Mario Kart DS, guess it'll just be Wario Ware for now! It'd be an instant purchase if they ever patch it in the future

Was SMT x Fire Emblem known to be a Wii U game?

Interestingly I'd always assumed it was a 3DS title myself - maybe because of FE. As I said I haven't paid much attention to either series or this game itself, but it does interest me, especially being a WiiU title too. Don't foresee it being something to arrive in the West this year though.

So, I can't say I was in a great mood last night. On a positive note, Box Boy looks intriguing and really made me sit up and take notice. It's the sort of thing I'd love Nintendo to make more of - small, relatively low-budget eShop games that allow them to be experimental and not necessarily use their normal mascots. On the other hand, as I've said before, I'd also love them to use this approach to make true 2D (pixel art) entries in their bigger series - using this method, I think they could surpass the greats like Super Metroid and A Link to the Past without feeling the pressure to use the sort of textured polygons associated with retail releases nowadays.

Fire Emblem If is bound to be good, and I can't wait for Azure Striker Gunvolt.

The other thing I found most interesting was the 200cc in Mario Kart 8, and not because I'm a fan of the game. Random, was it not? Rather than make an F-Zero less likely, I'd say it makes one far more likely. I reckon Nintendo were experimenting with getting F-Zero running on the MK8 engine, and are simply throwing us the results as a bonus.

So that's my prediction for E3 - if Nintendo has a big new Wii U game, it could be F-Zero.