NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

A professional PS4... nope still doesn't make sense to me. Neo sounds way cooler, Pro sounds generic and boring.

Professionals are boring though.

The word 'professional' can mean optimum and I think that's what they're going for here. You are likely to want a professional photographer for your wedding. You want to appear professional when meeting clients. It puts a comparison against something else (and usually unspecified) and that's what's happening here. The standard PS4 is what it is. The pro is a superior version of it.

Neo sounds cooler but doesn't describe what is happening. The pro name does at least. It's like the NX. It sounds cool, but in as far as we know it's meaningless. We're a bunch of nerds and we couldn't even come up with a consensus a while back on what it might mean.

New Super Playstation 4 would have been my preferred name but we can't have everything.

New Super Playstation 4 would have been my preferred name but we can't have everything.

I'm not so sure about that. People would likely complain that the art style looks a bit bland and stagnant.

Guys, it's October, and we still don't know what the NX is. It might not even be made by Nintendo, this could all be a ruse.

Nintendo said they'd talk about NX later in the year and there's still 3 months left :smile:

People who predicted a September unveiling may be getting frustrated but Nintendo haven't specified a particular date so it's not entirely their fault if everyone is impatient :heh:

Having said that, I came very close to picking up a PS4 this week, predominantly due to the price, but I held off in the hope that NX delivers everything I want.

Don't make me regret it, Nintendo :blank:

Controllers look unpleasant... to say the least! but yes.. that's pretty much the leak right there....

personally

1)I'd like the controller sections to be more aesthetically pleasing...

2)I'd want the controllers to reach up to the top of the tablet!!

3)Have a connection to the tablet so that while recharging the tablet the controllers could be recharged too... having mutiple recharge leads is a pain

4)I don't see this becoming a big thing... but hey, who knows.

5)So is NX something else, or have Nintendo been beaten to the market? Maybe Arm were the original chip manufacturer but they got ditched, now ARM are doing a mini-sony on Nintendo? :P

Edited by Pestneb

I have been meaning to ask: why do the controllers even need to detach in the first place? To make it multiplayer on the go?

This looks very much like Eurogamer's NX leak...

No wonder they wanted to keep it under wraps till as late as possible.

I have been meaning to ask: why do the controllers even need to detach in the first place? To make it multiplayer on the go?

I was hoping it would be to provide a Wii Remote & Nunchuk style setup. If that's the case, the NX should be capable of playing any type of game :hehe:

That thing looks ugly as sin!

If this is something similar to what Nintendo are aiming for then I hope that they make it more appealing. I think they have a challenge on their hands trying to make the screen large enough but keeping it sleek looking at the same time.

No wonder they wanted to keep it under wraps till as late as possible.

Bear in mind the video is from October 2015. So it's not like they stole Nintendo's idea... more the other way round if the NX is similar, as this would've been in development/production a little while!

Also, would anyone says it detracts from the credibility of Eurogamer's sources?

Edited by Kav

It seems like an extension from the mobile phone game controller. With this format the controls are removed for when you want a tablet, then added back when you want a handheld.

Whereas in the NX leaks they are removed when you want a home console and added when you want a portable.

One thing with the NX leaks that I have wondered is what would the NX screen be used for when it is in home console mode? Asymmetrical gaming? if it is basically a gamepad without the sticks/buttons, just a gyro and touchscreen, maybe it could become a third controller?? game info display? off and useless?

That thing looks ugly as sin!

If this is something similar to what Nintendo are aiming for then I hope that they make it more appealing. I think they have a challenge on their hands trying to make the screen large enough but keeping it sleek looking at the same time.

It certainly does look hideous but I don't imagine that to be a problem for NX.. hopefully :heh:

Yeah. I think it's more hassle than it's worth.

If they detached and had motion control then I'm ok with that!

I remember @dazzybee saying it'd be awesome if you could use them detached and slide the tablet part of the console into a VR headset for cheaper VR gaming. Now that would be brilliant!

The idea of waggling around a wiimote on a train is not my idea of fun.

Maybe I'm missing something but at the moment I really don't get it. Hopefully when they eventually reveal it they'll explain it.

The idea of waggling around a wiimote on a train is not my idea of fun.

Maybe I'm missing something but at the moment I really don't get it. Hopefully when they eventually reveal it they'll explain it.

You detach them when you're gaming at home on the TV and the console is docked. When you're out and about you'll just keep them attached.

Controllers look unpleasant... to say the least! but yes.. that's pretty much the leak right there....

personally

1)I'd like the controller sections to be more aesthetically pleasing...

2)I'd want the controllers to reach up to the top of the tablet!!

3)Have a connection to the tablet so that while recharging the tablet the controllers could be recharged too... having mutiple recharge leads is a pain

4)I don't see this becoming a big thing... but hey, who knows.

5)So is NX something else, or have Nintendo been beaten to the market? Maybe Arm were the original chip manufacturer but they got ditched, now ARM are doing a mini-sony on Nintendo? :P

I saw this on Obe1's channel on Youtube. Apparently it's a piece of tech that was intended to enter production in 2015, but never found an investor/publisher for it. Supposedly this is a patented concept, leading to speculations that Nintendo bought the company out.

You detach them when you're gaming at home on the TV and the console is docked. When you're out and about you'll just keep them attached.

Oh.. right. Well hopefully when it detaches it's nice to hold. Don't care for handheld gaming myself so wouldn't take it out and about anyway.

Nope. They are ready.

I've been saying it'll be October for months now. It'll be in the next few weeks. Mark my words :p

Nope. They are ready.

I've been saying it'll be October for months now. It'll be in the next few weeks. Mark my words :p

You've also said September, and I marked your words then. :p

You've also said September, and I marked your words then. :p

Then the Neo reveal happened :p Plans change :p

I saw this on Obe1's channel on Youtube. Apparently it's a piece of tech that was intended to enter production in 2015, but never found an investor/publisher for it. Supposedly this is a patented concept, leading to speculations that Nintendo bought the company out.

Didn't they do that with the wii though. A company was hawking motion controls to everyone, Nintendo went for it.