NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I dislike the idea of a console being leaked. Nintendo are obviously not ready to reveal it. They shouldn't be forced to just because people can't keep their mouths shut.

It really doesn't matter as long they announce it well themselves. Stuff about the latest iPhones is leaked all year round, yet their official announcements/press conferences are the most covered tech events in the world.

Sure, it's a shame. But the longer they wait to announce, the higher the chance of leaks as naturally, the closer you get to launch, more and more people will have inside info, and things will always get out.

It really doesn't matter as long they announce it well themselves. Stuff about the latest iPhones is leaked all year round, yet their official announcements/press conferences are the most covered tech events in the world.

Sure, it's a shame. But the longer they wait to announce, the higher the chance of leaks as naturally, the closer you get to launch, more and more people will have inside info, and things will always get out.

Exactly. Leaks area inevitable but don't do anything to take away the buzz from an official reveal.

If Eurogamer are right, Nintendo are effectively dropping out of the home console market and going handheld only. The only difference being you can play it on the telly too, which is no revolutionary idea, we had the Super Game Boy for SNES and Game Boy Player for Gamecube.

If these rumours are true, it'll be as powerful as the Wii U at most. So give up any hope of third parties supporting it.

Battery life will be interesting as well as screen resolution.

For a handheld device I'm intrigued. Hooking it up to a TV though does nothing for me.

Oh look. Emily Rogers was right. I'm really surprised...

Oh, it's a hybrid.... even more surprised...

Let's hope this stops certain people being so hell bent on being right and ignore logic and other opinions in the future!

I wouldn't mind so long the games look good on TV. I actually play more on the GamePad because of the setup I have and it will not change a lot in my next flat.

Although it's exactly what I expected, I'm a little worried by it. Battery and how weak it is. I mean, if it is a lot weaker then ps4/xb1 then yet again 3rd parties will ignore it, so it'll be a nintendo box, but if it's quite powerful then how expensive will it be?! Worried it'll sit between two markets - cheap, casual/family gamer and the more serious buys a lot gamer.

Still think nintendo only making games for one platform will be more than enough for my gaming needs, but still...

I think if this really does signal more of a step away from the home console arena then that could be a good thing. The Wii and Wii U to me were just some weird half step where Nintendo wanted to be their own thing but still had just enough ports to make their consoles look bad in comparison. With this being so different then hopefully Nintendo really will just have their own corner of the market. When we actually see some kind of launch line up if it looks interesting then I may get one. Thats definitely not something I would have said even a couple of weeks ago.

Gotta say the worry about third party support is still there. Is this wii u powerful? That would be amazing for a handheld but how would run third party software?

Also Zelda on wii u and NX will see a graphical difference?

I know nothing about tech, is this good or bad? General consensus I've read is it's bad!

Another thing which is slightly amusing is that super metal Dave guy, another person who absolutely refuses to take in any other opinion and uses weak logic to come across like they know everything and 100% right!! Well if this is true he is 100% wrong as he was saying IT IS AMD POLARIS!!!!

Not according to Eurogamer. It's essentially a handheld with HDMI out.

The base unit/docking station would need to do more than that for it to be a hybrid (like provide some extra power in some way).

You can't even use the handheld screen as a second screen from the sounds of it.

Still think nintendo only making games for one platform will be more than enough for my gaming needs, but still...

This actually could be really good, we could get a lot of games even without the third party support, plus there will be support from companies who supported the handheld before.

I only hope they somehow get some sport titles and some nice shooters.

When it comes to power, shouldn't X2 be more powerful (if it uses X2).

Edited by Kounan

Oh look. Emily Rogers was right. I'm really surprised...

Let's hope this stops certain people being so hell bent on being right and ignore logic and other opinions in the future!

I know I don't always see eye to eye with you but I've seen over many, many months people tell you that you're wrong and there's no way it could be a hybrid. Oh how wrong they were.

If somebody doesn't dig out these posts I certainly will at some point. ;)

Not according to Eurogamer. It's essentially a handheld with HDMI out.

The base unit/docking station would need to do more than that for it to be a hybrid (like provide some extra power in some way).

You can't even use the handheld screen as a second screen from the sounds of it.

How's that not a hybrid? It's a portable console which can plug into the tele as a home console? That's exactly what I would call a hybrid and exactly what I've been saying this will be since it was announced.

This actually could be really good, we could get a lot of games even without the third party support, plus there will be support from companies who supported the handheld before.

I only hope they somehow get some sport titles and some nice shooters.

Correct. I don't think there will be much problem with Nintendo's output but western publishers and developers don't care about handhelds anymore.

I know I don't always see eye to eye with you but I've seen over many, many months people tell you that you're wrong and there's no way it could be a hybrid. Oh how wrong they were.

If somebody doesn't dig out these posts I certainly will at some point. ;)

Haha, I know, damn this thread being over 100 pages :D To be honest the only thing that annoyed me was the sheer refusal of it even being a possibility! But oh well, here it is, I seriously doubt Eruogamer would post this without being certain this is the case, a huge gamble from Nintendo, again!

I think with the controller being a screen with two detachable additions, this means it could act as a mobile phone esque such screen device on it's own which is good, also a perfect VR screen for a cheap headset :)

How's that not a hybrid? It's a portable console which can plug into the tele as a home console? That's exactly what I would call a hybrid and exactly what I've been saying this will be since it was announced.

I don't know, I was just expecting something new and impressive (which the word "hybrid" makes me think of) instead of an old concept that just hasn't been used in anything good.

There has to me more to it than this.

Hm, not sure what to think about this.

If the lack of power turns out to be true it could be devestating...

Well, let's see if it's just a rumour or the truth.

I'm not buying this. It completely flies in the face of every single thing Nintendo has said about the NX up to this point

I don't know, I was just expecting something new and impressive (which the word "hybrid" makes me think of) instead of an old concept that just hasn't been used in anything good.

There has to me more to it than this.

Well I don't know what that could be, other than maybe the docking station giving the system a BOOST in performance. Could still be the case I guess.

I actually think the concept is amazing, if the battery life is great. But the power of the thing could be a killer. Just too weak to entice the people Nintendo need to make it huge success.

I'm also going to throw in my other predictions from a year ago, that Animal Crossing is the perfect showcase for this, along with Pokemon and Monster Hunter 5. Those 3 games sell this concept the best I reckon!!

Do people think, using NVIDIA, nintneod are more bothered about mobile ports than home console ports? If the main unit is juts a screen, having all those great mobile games could be a pretty decent offering...

I'm not buying this. It completely flies in the face of every single thing Nintendo has said about the NX up to this point

Like when they said in the lead up to WiiU that it would be on par with other consoles and have all the online and functionality of the competitors too?

Also, I've always agreed on the Linkin' Park album (Hybrid Theory) @dazzybee

Edited by Kav