NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 14th of January

Prepare to wet your pants!

If it's true of course. Rumour is that first up in the Direct is a new Metroid game for the 3DS. Developed by Intelligent Systems, 2D in a 2.5D style. Release date is early 2015. Salt, people. Have your salt ready just in case.

If it's true of course. Rumour is that first up in the Direct is a new Metroid game for the 3DS. Developed by Intelligent Systems, 2D in a 2.5D style. Release date is early 2015. Salt, people. Have your salt ready just in case.

Really because I heard a rumour that it's a Zelda HD anthology, all the games on one disk since the original, remade in 3D, with Oculus Rift support.

:indeed:

I can make this hat-eating sceptical remark because if we are getting a new Metroid, I'll be too happy to care

Really because I heard a rumour that it's a Zelda HD anthology, all the games on one disk since the original, remade in 3D, with Oculus Rift support.

We are but that's not being revealed until the next Direct and it'll be launched on Nintendo's new console. :heh:

You mean that 4chan rumour that has already been disproved because:

a) All evidence points to February 13th for N3DS

b) Masuda has clearly said no paid Pokémon DLC will ever happen

Predictions

- New 3DS release date.

- Release dates for Majora's Mask, Project STEAM and Monster Hunter

- Amiibo use in Yoshi and Toad

- No surprises.

I call it. They're probably just gonna announce Rouge Squadron for Wii U, a hidden collaboration between Nintendo and EA.

rougue_squadron_wiiu.jpg

And then they will announce all third party support has been fixxed!!! :D

.......... a man can dream. :(

NO MORE PLATFORMERS!!!!!!!

I would love to see some new games, not just more info on games we already know about.

N64 and GC on virtual console.

A proper golf sim that uses the gamepad the way we were shown in the early demo's.

More gamepad focused games. Just finishing zombiu which is great and can't understand why we didn't get Alien as Sega are one of the few companies Nintendo still has a relationship with.

Just the usual cut-and-paste hopes from me:

* Shantae & the Pirate's Curse release date (FFS!)

* Dragon Quest VII localisation

* Proper 2D Metroid (sprites)

...But it'll probably just be Majora's Mask, New 3DS, amiibo and release dates for Wii U games that have already been announced.

Gaaargh! Woohoo!!! :bouncy:

Wait a minute? 2.5D...? :shakehead

Can you watch it on the internet browser on Wii U?

It is a bit tricky, but the twitch stream works fine on my gamepad/ tv yes!

It is a bit tricky, but the twitch stream works fine on my gamepad/ tv yes!

Thanks.. but I have to ask: Why is it tricky..? ::shrug:

Thanks.. but I have to ask: Why is it tricky..? ::shrug:

All the pop ups from twitch are a horror on the gamepad and don't function all that well. But once you get to the full screen button of the player so it displays on the tv it's all fine :)

I call it. They're probably just gonna announce Rouge Squadron for Wii U, a hidden collaboration between Nintendo and EA.

http://img.vooks.net/2012/05/rougue_squadron_wiiu.jpg

And then they will announce all third party support has been fixxed!!! :D

.......... a man can dream. :(

Not just Rogue Squadron, but a HD remake of the trilogy, based on the version that was made for the Wii (with Wii Motion Plus lightsaber duels). And the multiplayer will be online and 4-player online co-op for all missions. And Amiibo support which replaces the pilots with the characters. Fox and Falco will unlock and Arwing and Samus will unlock her gunship.

Can you watch it on the internet browser on Wii U?

Yes. Follow the link I posted above. Twitch can be finicky with constantly reloading the page because of the size of it.

Anyone knows the duration of this direct?

apparently 45 minutes or so (46 I think)