NEurope
Wii

Nintendo Wii U / 3DS Direct 5/11/14 10p.m.

I have thought about this screenshot:

640px-Duck_Hunt_%26_NES_Za

Is there a new game in the works? Or rework the old classic using the gamepad in place of the zapper and announce it as a free download to those that buy SSB Wii U? Bowser Jr. was revealed before Duck Hunt Dog but by the order of unlockables DHD should have been shown first. Maybe they're saving it for a special reason tonight and all the new characters in this SSB have featured in games in recent years except for DHD.

I have thought about this screenshot:

640px-Duck_Hunt_%26_NES_Za

Is there a new game in the works? Or rework the old classic using the gamepad in place of the zapper and announce it as a free download to those that buy SSB Wii U? Bowser Jr. was revealed before Duck Hunt Dog but by the order of unlockables DHD should have been shown first. Maybe they're saving it for a special reason tonight and all the new characters in this SSB have featured in games in recent years except for DHD.

Dammit! Stop getting me hyped!!

Pokemon Snap 2 is more bloody likely than Duck Hunt Extreme!!

Dammit! Stop getting me hyped!!

Pokemon Snap 2 is more bloody likely than Duck Hunt Extreme!!

My money is on Metroid Prime: First Duck Hunt :awesome:

It's basically Duck Hunt with a story... erm Samus taking on legions of Space Pirate Ducks as they have become fused into a new sub-species which is now threatening to take over the entire Nintendo universe! We thought the ducks were gone, long forgotten but they had only been in hiding waiting for the right moment to exact their revenge. :heh:

The main stages would obviously be from Prime's visor perspective except you would be blasting various species of mutated ducks - don't forget to scan each one for a new log entry! - and every time you shoot one down you'll see your beloved 'pet' Metroid called 'Colin' drain the life out of each of your hapless once flying, feathered, freakishly mutated foes each time letting out a shriek coupled with the usual 'duck down' fanfare. ;)

But what has become of the Duck Hunt Dog you ask? Well between each of the 'First person shooting stages' you have the side-scrolling adventure stages which link everything together, in these parts of the game you will get to traverse areas loosely based on the Metroid and Duck Hunt(?) Universe with some slight alterations in the style of Mega Man as you now have the assistance of the now Cybernetic Duck Hunt Dog named 'Clive' who will aid you in crossing caverns which were previously not easily traversable; he can also seek out energy tanks and bring them to you but watch out that he doesn't consume then instead. :indeed:

Of course there is so much more to Metroid Prime: First Duck Hunt including boss battles, competitive online multiplayer and Amiibo functionality which lets you play as NES and SNES era Samus but we'll save that for a future Nintendo Direct... eta 12th week of Nevertember. :p

It could potentially work... it would be representation for two popular Nintendo franchises at the very least, believe! : peace:

My money is on Metroid Prime: First Duck Hunt :awesome:

It's basically Duck Hunt with a story... erm Samus taking on legions of Space Pirate Ducks as they have become fused into a new sub-species which is now threatening to take over the entire Nintendo universe! We thought the ducks were gone, long forgotten but they had only been in hiding waiting for the right moment to exact their revenge. :heh:

The main stages would obviously be from Prime's visor perspective except you would be blasting various species of mutated ducks - don't forget to scan each one for a new log entry! - and every time you shoot one down you'll see your beloved 'pet' Metroid called 'Colin' drain the life out of each of your hapless once flying, feathered, freakishly mutated foes each time letting out a shriek coupled with the usual 'duck down' fanfare. ;)

But what has become of the Duck Hunt Dog you ask? Well between each of the 'First person shooting stages' you have the side-scrolling adventure stages which link everything together, in these parts of the game you will get to traverse areas loosely based on the Metroid and Duck Hunt(?) Universe with some slight alterations in the style of Mega Man as you now have the assistance of the now Cybernetic Duck Hunt Dog named 'Clive' who will aid you in crossing caverns which were previously not easily traversable; he can also seek out energy tanks and bring them to you but watch out that he doesn't consume then instead. :indeed:

Of course there is so much more to Metroid Prime: First Duck Hunt including boss battles, competitive online multiplayer and Amiibo functionality which lets you play as NES and SNES era Samus but we'll save that for a future Nintendo Direct... eta 12th week of Nevertember. :p

It could potentially work... it would be representation for two popular Nintendo franchises at the very least, believe! : peace:

wilsonDM1604_228x256.jpg

"I don't ducking believe it!"

Ice Climbers, ROB and Pit were also old characters in Smash who had no game in development at the time (Pit got one because of his popularity in Smash).

Ice Climbers, ROB and Pit were also old characters in Smash who had no game in development at the time (Pit got one because of his popularity in Smash).

I know but I'm talking about this version of SSB. It's just a theory. Every other character reveal went in order up until that point.

Edited by Wii

Honestly, I think Sakurai wanted to make a new Kid Icarus anyway, I don't think he would've revived the franchise just due to fan demand. Also, he went through the trouble of redesigning Pit and Palutena for Brawl, he clearly wanted a hand in the franchise.

But yeah, every Smash Bros. has at least one entrant from a surprise, unimportant franchise. Even Ness could be considered this in SSB64.

I know but I'm talking about this version of SSB. It's just a theory. Every other character reveal went in order up until that point.

You're reading way too much into things and it's the reason you'll 99% guaranteed be disappointed by tonight's ND.

I hope that Nintendo don't give any airtime tonight to Watch Dogs seeing as it's finally and conveniently crawled out from under its rock today. It would be a mockery.

For sure, we will hear more on pre-downloads I'll wager we'll be able to pre-purchase Smash from eShop by midnight tonight, with Amazon links 'in the coming weeks'. I'm hoping we see a few more services come to life too, Nintendo TV, cloud back ups for saves, perhaps better social stuff too... But that's wishful thinking. I say it every Direct, but think we'll see the Nintendo Network Premium expanded, a loyalty programme across the Nintendo.

I've personally given up on hoping for more consoles on VC. Sadly. 2 years in and the VC is an utter joke, it's such a cash cow for them but totally ignored.

It will be sad to see iwata all skinny and unwell , but at least he's on the mend now :)

My predictions

Sonic boom fest of Info :S

Watch dogs Info

Captain toad details

Pokemon details

Mario maker new info

Yoshi yarn release date

Mario kart tracks to be released next week .

Amiibo details

Club Nintendo promotion to get exclusive amiibos like me game watch and duck hunt dog .

And. Nice suprise at the end I hope :) but there's not much room for anything else

Edited by yesteryeargames

Tonights European Version of the Nintendo Direct Will Also Stream on Twitch

[TWEET]529982815920984065[/TWEET]

I hope that Nintendo don't give any airtime tonight to Watch Dogs seeing as it's finally and conveniently crawled out from under its rock today. It would be a mockery.

Of course they will, it'll be Batman at E3 all over again.

Hyping a game that you can get for £15 on other consoles.

Anyone going in the chatroom for this?

I'm nailing this to the mast, there'll be a third party collaboration of a Nintendo franchise announced tonight. I'm almost certain. I was reading part of Nintendo's financial results the other day and Miyamoto was talking about 3rd party collaborations in the future. He doesn't come out and say things very often but when he does we should pay attention. Last time he was talking, can't remember what it was about now and nobody paid any notice at the time but a few days later it was announced. Damn it that I can't remember now, doesn't sound good if you can't remember what it was in the first place.

Anyway, I'll find that recent interview.

MIYAMOTO: NINTENDO IS LOOKING TO CREATE MORE SPIN-OFF GAMES AND WORK WITH MORE THIRD PARTY DEVELOPERS

So I expect an announcement tonight and I'm saying it'll be Platinum Games and the franchise will be it's impossible to know but I'll guess

F-Zero

. You know why? SEGA will be helping too.

I'm nailing this to the mast, there'll be a third party collaboration of a Nintendo franchise announced tonight. I'm almost certain. I was reading part of Nintendo's financial results the other day and Miyamoto was talking about 3rd party collaborations in the future. He doesn't come out and say things very often but when he does we should pay attention. Last time he was talking, can't remember what it was about now and nobody paid any notice at the time but a few days later it was announced. Damn it that I can't remember now, doesn't sound good if you can't remember what it was in the first place.

Anyway, I'll find that recent interview.

MIYAMOTO: NINTENDO IS LOOKING TO CREATE MORE SPIN-OFF GAMES AND WORK WITH MORE THIRD PARTY DEVELOPERS

So I expect an announcement tonight and I'm saying it'll be Platinum Games and the franchise will be it's impossible to know but I'll guess

F-Zero

. You know why? SEGA will be helping too.

It's a Direct including games up until Spring. Restrain your expectations or you won't go on a Ninty bashing crusade afterwards. Plus they're not going to announce F-Zero the same Direct as pushing MK8 DLC.

Not expecting much New 3DS as they'll want to keep that hushed so 3DS sales don't tank this Christmas.

@Serebii's predictions earlier on in this thread are pretty much the same as mine tbh. On top of that I think we'll get a remaster of some sort from the dev's that remastered Wind Waker (that took them 6 months apparently).

Oh, and the new Mario Kart DLC will be available right after this conference :)

Also there's the airing time to be considered... 10PM so it's likely we'll be seeing a mature rated title so possibly Devil's Third which I know didn't look very good at it's first unveil but who knows? Or there might be something Bayonetta related... as I've said before I would love for their to be a Bayonetta OST made available via Club Nintendo for registering both games or as a points purchase, or what about more dlc? Is that a possibility... maybe more Nintendo costumes or extra weapons; though I'm guessing not as both games already feel more than complete. :D

Our review of Bayonetta 2 will be on-site soon hopefully...

I've been working on it most of today adding finishing touches, I know it's later than planned but we only got sent a download code for the first Bayonetta - we don't know either ::shrug: - but still not bad going for what's a busy time of the year.: peace:

In any case I'm looking forward to this direct now, only an hour and three quarters to go! :)

Also there's the airing time to be considered... 10PM so it's likely we'll be seeing a mature rated title so possibly Devil's Third which I know didn't look very good at it's first unveil but who knows? Or there might be something Bayonetta related... as I've said before I would love for their to be a Bayonetta OST made available via Club Nintendo for registering both games or as a points purchase, or what about more dlc? Is that a possibility... maybe more Nintendo costumes or extra weapons; though I'm guessing not as both games already feel more than complete. :D

Our review of Bayonetta 2 will be on-site soon hopefully...

I've been working on it most of today adding finishing touches, I know it's later than planned but we only got sent a download code for the first Bayonetta - we don't know either ::shrug: - but still not bad going for what's a busy time of the year.: peace:

In any case I'm looking forward to this direct now, only an hour and three quarters to go! :)

It's 5pm in the US... maybe we'll get a look at a mature title, but then the US wouldn't so.... not so sure about that prediction.

The Nintendo.com page for the direct is "Nintendo Direct - super smash bros for Wii U - 11.05.2014"

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/

So now I think it's going to focus primarily on Smash for Wii U, with small bits of information about titles to come soon.

I

It's 5pm in the US... maybe we'll get a look at a mature title, but then the US wouldn't so.... not so sure about that prediction.

The Nintendo.com page for the direct is "Nintendo Direct - super smash bros for Wii U - 11.05.2014"

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-05-2014/

So now I think it's going to focus primarily on Smash for Wii U, with small bits of information about titles to come soon.

I

Na that's just left over from last week. Don't worry

Na that's just left over from last week. Don't worry

oops, excellent point, I'd forgotten all about that direct! ok awesome, excitement goes up a bit more then!

OH SHIT! I should also add that I reckon the Shovel Knight release date will be announced!

There's also a bit of focus or a reel on indie support squeezed in there somewhere. Shovel Knight being most prominent I'd say.

[TWEET]529939081829302272[/TWEET]

Devil's Third was rough at E3 but it's supposed to have made "major improvements" in the meantime.

http://nintendoeverything.com/itagaki-on-devils-third-more-talk-about-working-with-nintendo-wii-u-big-improvements-since-e3/

Edited by Wii