NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS3/PS4)

Haha, Bianca and Nera are so awkward with each other.

Finding Bianca fun to play as, not really a fan of Nera.

Bianca is a beast. Some of her attacks are amazing for sweeping enemies.

Does

Psaro have a Puff-Puff? I think his is the only one I need, but of he doesn't then I don't know who is left.

Does
Psaro have a Puff-Puff? I think his is the only one I need, but of he doesn't then I don't know who is left.

Indeed he does.

Thanks @Hero\-of\-Time for your impressions/review.

I've ordered this from amazon today for £23 should be here tomorrow with prime hopefully. I haven't played DQ before but it being a musou style game makes it attractive, it looks really nice.

I like the Dynasty Warriors game-play just not Dynasty Warriors if you get what i mean. I like it when they mix with other franchises such as One Piece and Zelda loved both games.

Thanks @Hero\-of\-Time for your impressions/review.

I've ordered this from amazon today for £23 should be here tomorrow with prime hopefully. I haven't played DQ before but it being a musou style game makes it attractive, it looks really nice.

I like the Dynasty Warriors game-play just not Dynasty Warriors if you get what i mean. I like it when they mix with other franchises such as One Piece and Zelda loved both games.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a fantastic game and well worth the price you paid.

Indeed he does.

Finally got his, it was the one I needed.

Managed to finish off the last of the remaining trophies I needed so I ended up getting my first ever Platinum!

The Bjorn battle was great, very Monster Hunter-y.

The Atlas battle had a pretty cool reference to Dragon Quest II, not sure how Doric knew about it though (unless it took place in the same world? ::shrug:).

Zoma and Nokturnus were deadly, can easily one shot you. Luceus and Yangus were max level and even they went down

Terry pretty much breaks everything in the post game. :laughing:

Yeah, Terry is an absolute beast when used correctly. You can pretty much lock enemies in a constant chain.

He's a bit slow these days though, hence why Jose has benched him for most of the season.

Maybe the new manager will treat him differently.

I just wanted to pop by and give a shout out to all of those that have posted in this thread, had you not I probably wouldn't have played this game.

Unfortunately, the forums where I've been hiding out over the past few years have been slowly dying a death for some time and truth be told, even if they hadn't it was highly unlikely that any of the regulars there would have been discussing this game anyway so thank fuck I still periodically lurk around here.

Whilst I was slightly interested in the game I still wasn't too sure but after reading this thread I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I've just finished the main campaign as well as done a fair amount of side stuff and I've had an absolute blast doing so. It's just been a hell of a lot of fun to play. Looking forward to cracking on with the post-game stuff now, whether I can survive it is another matter, judging by some of the difficulties some of you seem to have expressed, but anyway, thanks again guys.

I just wanted to pop by and give a shout out to all of those that have posted in this thread, had you not I probably wouldn't have played this game.

Unfortunately, the forums where I've been hiding out over the past few years have been slowly dying a death for some time and truth be told, even if they hadn't it was highly unlikely that any of the regulars there would have been discussing this game anyway so thank fuck I still periodically lurk around here.

Whilst I was slightly interested in the game I still wasn't too sure but after reading this thread I picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I've just finished the main campaign as well as done a fair amount of side stuff and I've had an absolute blast doing so. It's just been a hell of a lot of fun to play. Looking forward to cracking on with the post-game stuff now, whether I can survive it is another matter, judging by some of the difficulties some of you seem to have expressed, but anyway, thanks again guys.

Happy to see you enjoyed it, Piggy. Its a fantastic game.

The post game content isn't that bad, especially once you level up. Using the level up trick/spot you can gain exp stupidly fast, especially if you have the item that dishes out extra exp when equipped.

I finally have this game now, managed to get hold of the Day One Edition for just 16 quid! :awesome:

Hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else on here did. :)

I finally have this game now, managed to get hold of the Day One Edition for just 16 quid! :awesome:

Hope I enjoy it as much as everyone else on here did. :)

Good to see another person picking this up, especially for the bargain price of £16!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's colourful, has some hilarious dialogue, crazy characters and completely OTT moves. I hope we get the sequel over here.

I'm loving the voice acting in this, they've got a fantastic range of accents going on. icon14.gif Every time a new character appears I look forward to hearing how they'll speak. :D

The Cockney weapon shop guy is hilarious "Be lucky!" :laughing: Was pretty amusing to hear a Scouser at one point too. :heh:

I usually switch to Japanese audio whenever the option is available, but I definitely won't be doing that with this game. :)

As for the gameplay, early days yet but it seems pretty fun. Finding it a bit tricky to focus on those gate keeping enemies, I always seem to end up behind them, despite the lock-on. :hmm: But other than that it's all good. Action packed and very smooth. :awesome:

I'm not feeling it like the rest of you seem to be, got so much to play that I may sell it on. If anyone is interested I'll sell it at a good price.

I might be tempted, was going to ask @RedShell where he managed to get it for £16!
I got it from Rakuten, using some super points and a discount voucher.

Best price for it now is probably still Amazon (which is where I was going to get it originally) as they have the Day One Edition for £18:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Quest-Heroes-World-Blight/dp/B00YXW21UI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1453561462&sr=1-1&keywords=dragon+quest+heroes+ps4

I might be tempted, was going to ask @RedShell where he managed to get it for £16!

I'm open to offers. How does 13.50 sound plus postage? I used the slime weapon DLC though.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Arghgarghghahghaag! I hate games that come with day 1 content/dlc/codes cos then I never feel like I'll be getting the whole package and I should drop extra dime to do so!

What's the extra content in the Day One Edition @RedShell?

Also generally am I really going to care all that much about not having the slime weapon DLC if I go for EE's copy?

Arghgarghghahghaag! I hate games that come with day 1 content/dlc/codes cos then I never feel like I'll be getting the whole package and I should drop extra dime to do so!

What's the extra content in the Day One Edition @RedShell?

Also generally am I really going to care all that much about not having the slime weapon DLC if I go for EE's copy?

It's pretty crappy TBH. Just a bunch of weapons based on Slimes that are weaker than ones you can acquire in-game after almost no time at all. :blank:

Unless I'm missing something and they have some other use... ::shrug:

It's pretty crappy TBH. Just a bunch of weapons based on Slimes that are weaker than ones you can acquire in-game after almost no time at all. :blank:

Unless I'm missing something and they have some other use... ::shrug:

Nah, they are garbage. Like you said, you getting much better stuff very early on.

Woohoo, Platinum GET! :yay:

saRlnRQ.jpg

Final playtime to hit 100%:

cAUV97j.jpg

Not bad value for 16 quid. :D

Although a couple of those final hours were a bit grindy... :heh: Still fun though.

*EDIT*

And check this out for a close call: :o

IByft7K.jpg

Edited by RedShell

Finding myself tempted to get this at the moment despite not liking Dynasty Warriors games...

My first Musou game. Just played the tutorial and I already love it. The Dragon Quest charm immediately grabbed me and I'm hooked :D

The music, the sounds, the graphics. I love Dragon Quest. It's a shame that so far I have only played Dragon Quest Monsters (or Dragon Warrior Monsters), Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX.

Well, I just progressed a bit and the game opened up some more.

Is this a JRPG Mosou game? What the hell, there's so much to do. I FREAKING LOVE IT :laughing:

@Hero\-of\-Time anything to look out for during my play through? I know there aren't any missable trophies so I don't need to worry. Still, got any advice?

10 hours in and I'm loving it more and more :D

I'm focussing on the story so far with the occasional side quests to upgrade my inventory.

I never really liked Musou games but this one is great. : peace:

There is a surpising amount of strategy involved with the tower defense mechanics.