NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

I ended up using multiple Pokemon throughout, switching back and forth, so around level 50 odd for my highest level one.

Personally I've been mostly using Cubone/Diglet I just love the speed and the pure Jerk factor involved :laughing:

So you were level 50 for the final tournament? Good stuff. I can stop grinding and just get on with it then. :D

So is the same decent fun in single player then? And how is online? I don't particularly pokemon, I don't need more games and I'm happy with Smash as my beat em up, but I'm weirdly tempted by this...

So is the same decent fun in single player then? And how is online? I don't particularly pokemon, I don't need more games and I'm happy with Smash as my beat em up, but I'm weirdly tempted by this...

Its fun but there's not much to it. It you aren't bothered about unlocking stuff for your avatar or more titles then the single player will be over pretty fast.

I only had the one game online but it ran very smooth, again though, there doesn't seem much to mode either.

Its a fun game, but bare bones on content.

Can feel Gengar whispering to me to take the plunge on this today. I doubt I'll last the weekend.

Only thing that'll stop me is realistic expectations this is gonna end up on clearance before long.

There's a demo out for those who want to try before they buy.

Well, that was unexpected. Without any warning, Nintendo has pushed a demo of Pokkén Tournament onto the European Wii U eShop, giving players the chance to sample the title for free.

The download went live last night, and weighs in at an impressive 1150MB. There's currently no sign of a similar demo on the North American eShop, sadly.

Does the Special Mewtwo amiibo card work as a normal Mewtwo amiibo in other games?

Does the Special Mewtwo amiibo card work as a normal Mewtwo amiibo in other games?

Strangely not

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Theres the Blue League, perfect record somehow still intact. I tried going beyond 8th before the tournament and could only get to 6th before my rank stayed the same.

Cubone/Diglett is definitely a popular choice.

Hell, look at the max amount of damage Diglett can inflict http://www.serebii.net/pokken/support/cubonediglett.shtml

Why don't you redesign the page? The letters are to small and it seems there is to much information on the main page? I would increase the letter size and put less posts per page.

Sorry for off topic.

Why don't you redesign the page? The letters are to small and it seems there is to much information on the main page? I would increase the letter size and put less posts per page.

Sorry for off topic.

Less posts per page? I am not convoluting things like crazy by doing that.

As for font size and layout, it's in the works

I reached A rank last night and have just unlocked Mewtwo this morning. The shine of the game is starting to wear off now. There's simply not much to the game.

I think I've had 80+ battles in the league and there's still a couple of tournaments to do. Having a large amount of battles is fine if there's plenty of variety but with only a small selection of fighters you end up repeating fights over and over again. It doesn't help when sometimes you'll fight the same Pokemon twice in a row.

The enemy AI seems to be really inconsistent. Sometimes you can just stand back and spam long range attacks and then in the next fight you will take a massive beating, only to then destroy the fighter after that. Usually in fighters there is a steady curve of progression which then ends with you fighting the last boss. In this game that curve doesn't seem to exist, especially when they throw Shadow Mewtwo fights at you throughout the campaign.

I'll still push on to see the credits but I'm not enjoying half as much as I was the other day.

I reached A rank last night and have just unlocked Mewtwo this morning. The shine of the game is starting to wear off now. There's simply not much to the game.

I think I've had 80+ battles in the league and there's still a couple of tournaments to do. Having a large amount of battles is fine if there's plenty of variety but with only a small selection of fighters you end up repeating fights over and over again. It doesn't help when sometimes you'll fight the same Pokemon twice in a row.

The enemy AI seems to be really inconsistent. Sometimes you can just stand back and spam long range attacks and then in the next fight you will take a massive beating, only to then destroy the fighter after that. Usually in fighters there is a steady curve of progression which then ends with you fighting the last boss. In this game that curve doesn't seem to exist, especially when they throw Shadow Mewtwo fights at you throughout the campaign.

I'll still push on to see the credits but I'm not enjoying half as much as I was the other day.

Like I said before, it's a great multiplayer game, but single player? Eh...

We need to get some NE Matches going! Maybe even a little mini tourney :)

Yeah, the multiplayer is definitely where it's at.

Speaking of, the netcode on this game is amazing. Played people from around the world with very few issues. I was stunned. It was almost like it was local when I was playing people in the US

Yeah, the multiplayer is definitely where it's at.

Speaking of, the netcode on this game is amazing. Played people from around the world with very few issues. I was stunned. It was almost like it was local when I was playing people in the US

If there's anything you can count on with Namco fighters, it's fantastic netcode!

They're pretty much the best of the best in that regard :)

Less posts per page? I am not convoluting things like crazy by doing that.

As for font size and layout, it's in the works

I have a feeling that I have to scroll to much down, but it could be because of the "long" news as you put the whole news on the home page and not only the first paragraph.

But good, you are working on the font and try putting the pics with links somewhere else (at least all the way up).

Please, don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound rude or something like that :). I can see there is a lot of information, which means that the site has the most important things, but it is not easy to read, especially for someone new.

The credits have now rolled.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

@Dcubed do you get anything for finishing the Iron League? Seeing as I've seen the credits and Mewtwo is unlocked I'm wondering if it's even worth playing through.

The credits have now rolled.

@Dcubed do you get anything for finishing the Iron League? Seeing as I've seen the credits and Mewtwo is unlocked I'm wondering if it's even worth playing through.

Why ask him and not me? :( :p

5,000,000PG

Final costume for Nia.

Various titles

Pride.

Despite Dcubed's silence on the situation, I did have a crack at the Iron League.

Was pretty easy, although I did finally lose a match on the way to the trophy. Charizard destroyed my 100% record! :(

I also got Pikachu to level 100.

Never has a title fit so well

sn3XBBz.jpg

Only better title would be "Confirmed"

I lost my 100% record in my first battle in the Red League, the Pikachu lured me into a false sense of security then proceeded to kick my ass, worst thing about it was that it wasn't even a proper league match.

Anybody else getting no sound at all out of their rear speakers on this game?

Anybody else getting no sound at all out of their rear speakers on this game?

I think this is another game that puts out blank audio for the rears unfortunately (makes sense though I suppose - nothing ever comes out from behind you in this game as the camera always faces towards your opponent).