Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Trine Enchanted Edition (eShop)

Serebii

Most notable new features in the Enchanted Edition:

- Online co-op multiplayer

- Stunning new visual effects and graphics

- Mid-level saving

Also coming to the Wii U and PS4 later in 2014!

Edited by Retro_Link

I played through this before I went through the sequel and expansion and with the free upgrade on Steam, it promted me to go back. It was still lots of fun but you do miss the extra powers from the sequel - the amount of times I tried to throw the hammer was ridiculous. It's a simpler game but that just means it doesn't have any particularly annoying puzzles that sometimes crop up in Trine 2.

Level 4 was my favourite upon first playing through and it remains that way now - it has the best piece of music in the game by a long way, and the rest is pretty good already. And now it has the graphics to match its beautiful score.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

• 7 months later...
Trine Enchanted Edition Arrives on Wii U

Trine Enchanted Edition will be released for Wii U in North America tomorrow, March 12th! The game will be priced $14.99 and it will be available from Nintendo eShop.

Trine Enchanted Edition is an improved version of the first Trine game, which has not been previously available on Wii U. It’s story takes place before the events of Trine 2: Director’s Cut.

TrineEEWiiU1.png

All Wii U owners of Trine 2: Director’s Cut will get a -20% discount from Trine Enchanted Edition, so be sure to pick that up first if you don’t own it already! To celebrate the release, Trine 2 will also be available for the discounted price of $9.99 until April 2nd on the Nintendo eShop in North America.

Trine Enchanted Edition and Trine 2: Director’s Cut both support local and online co-op for up to three people, so remember to tell all your friends!

The European version is looking very good, so it’s release will hopefully follow soonish as well. Unfortunately we don’t have a release date for it yet, but stay tuned for more news!

http://www.frozenbyte.com/2015/03/trine-enchanted-edition-arrives-on-wii-u/

Frozenbyte CEO Lauri Hyvärinen said:

“We’re extremely happy and excited to finally bring the origin story of the Trine series to Wii U. We’ve had a great reception with Trine 2: Director’s Cut ever since the launch of the console. To reward our loyal fans on Wii U, we came up with the Trine Series Fan Discount, a promotion that hopefully makes up for the delays we’ve had with the release!”

422800d0cda24bb5d7e65c64789380eb.jpg

a4392d35bc20ba6699d42362ace9e7fb.jpg

fffe924b00b66fcbef112cf38949c76b.jpg

b641816ad28c5ea47aa711bde18368f0.jpg

3b934e9f9af41fd1b2123b690483d8d8.jpg

8f2d70ab36da3cfadd494ce56ec3cfb8.jpg

0396488ee25156b19aca88fea8156b65.jpg

00915592bbd535d5b824991169e3b30d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Does this have on line play and voice chat like trine 2?

Yes it does.

This game releases today on the European Wii U eShop. It's file size is just under 800 MB. Trine 2 by comparison was 1,880 MB.