NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

I'm playing this intermittently at the moment as I've no real drive to put it on. The August update will change that and I'll game more often but not religiously I'd imagine... and I'd not commit to a fixed night, but I'd always see when I'm free and post when I'm heading on.

I'd be looking to Skype with the party matchmaking for sure!

Yeah, they'll just run around it in circles, combined with the moving Tower it can be a nightmare to hit 'em.

I like to lob a couple of suction bombs on the tower, one on each side. Quite funny sometimes seeing peoples reactions when they find themselves in a field of suction bombs. I saw one once stand between two and it looked like they were a simple AI running through a bit of programming like this:

see suction bomb:

turn around 180 degrees and run.

see suction bomb:

see suction bomb:

At which point the first bomb exploded. First time I kind wished the delay on those bombs was a little longer :heh:

so is that bucket super heavy slowing you down or something? other wise the range/strength/coverage of the buckets seems pretty good no?

The bucket looks to be a fairly interesting weapon... is it a 1 or maybe 2 hit kill, I couldn't tell there? Could be a handy weapon for splatting people on the tower on Tower Control...

Seems after Level 20, the ranking up is done akin to that of the ranks in Splatfest

CLJr4l2UEAE7uYM.jpg:orig

大型アップデートでランクの上限が「20」から「50」に引き上げられる。

ランク20以降はそれまでとは違い、ノルマ達成ポイント+勝利ポイントを貯めることでランクが上がっていく。

5ランク毎にちょっとしたご褒美があるので、高みを目指そう。

so is that bucket super heavy slowing you down or something? other wise the range/strength/coverage of the buckets seems pretty good no?

The bucket looks to be a fairly interesting weapon... is it a 1 or maybe 2 hit kill, I couldn't tell there? Could be a handy weapon for splatting people on the tower on Tower Control...

Makes me think of those damn roller-splatters! Essentially the splat on fire, without the subsequent roll. So a sped up that, of sorts?

Seems after Level 20, the ranking up is done akin to that of the ranks in Splatfest

CLJr4l2UEAE7uYM.jpg:orig

I don't understand...

I don't understand...

It seems you don't level up from the number of points you earn, you level up with a scale with 3 points for a win, 2 points for over 400p. Slightly annoying, seeing you'd still make good progress if you were on a losing team and got 1000p, now you could lose with that amount and only get 2 points.

I don't understand...

Up to level 20, the ranking went up by the points you gained in play so in that example, it would be 915.

Here, however, it's done different. You get 3 points for winning and 2 points if you have more than 400 points overall for the match.

I don't understand...

Instead of your points being transferred into rank, you get 2 points for getting 400 points and 3 for a win.

I guess it's to end what would be a grind as it would have likely got to the point where you'd need like 1,000,000 points to go from Level 49 to Level 50

It seems you don't level up from the number of points you earn, you level up with a scale with 3 points for a win, 2 points for over 400p. Slightly annoying, seeing you'd still make good progress if you were on a losing team and got 1000p, now you could lose with that amount and only get 2 points.

Yeah deffo not a fan of it myself - I recall how much I struggled to get through the Splatfest ok! Plus one virtue I was singing of Splatoon last night was that even if your team's crap you still get 'rewarded' according to your own performance(minus the bonus 300).

Yeah deffo not a fan of it myself - I recall how much I struggled to get through the Splatfest ok! Plus one virtue I was singing of Splatoon last night was that even if your team's crap you still get 'rewarded' according to your own performance(minus the bonus 300).

The levels don't benefit you though, even with gear being unlocked, you still get the money to upgrade the kit that you do have. Personally I'm just going to be ignoring the level, it'll be nice to see it go up but trying to put it up will be MORE of a grind now.

bad player bad team = 0

good player bad team = 2

bad player good team = 3

good player good team = 5

So being lucky and getting a good team now counts for more than being a skilled player yourself!! If they are doing this they SHOULD have +3 if you hit 800p in the match, at least it would equalise the split between personal and team skill for the better players out there.

The levels don't benefit you though, even with gear being unlocked, you still get the money to upgrade the kit that you do have. Personally I'm just going to be ignoring the level, it'll be nice to see it go up but trying to put it up will be MORE of a grind now.

bad player bad team = 0

good player bad team = 2

bad player good team = 3

good player good team = 5

So being lucky and getting a good team now counts for more than being a skilled player yourself!! If they are doing this they SHOULD have +3 if you hit 800p in the match, at least it would equalise the split between personal and team skill for the better players out there.

True they don't...but I want them!

Def agree with you on the end part though - the fact it counts more on others than yourself is silly! I think I recall we both agreed on a point during the splatfest they should have extra/higher boundaries for points given like you just mentioned with the 800p etc

No biggy in the grand scheme of things though I guess. When do people thing 3 stage rotation will be introduced? I can see them adding a new map in the august update, taking us to 9 maps... 3 in ranked, 3 in the mode above that and 3 for turf?

No biggy in the grand scheme of things though I guess. When do people thing 3 stage rotation will be introduced? I can see them adding a new map in the august update, taking us to 9 maps... 3 in ranked, 3 in the mode above that and 3 for turf?

I'd be happy with that. Alternatively I'd love a system where you have a random choice of 3 out of the total presented each time, and the players vote. However just thinking about it now I'd wonder...is the 2 maps at a time an issue with preloading/buffering them somehow to make it faster when the games come in?

Good games just now btw. As you can see I've gone back to my original Inkbrush(saw a dude with one last night when playing with yous, and I wanted to have an Inkbrush off! But then he left.) - I thought I might have outgrown it in trying the other weapons and the Octobrush but I absolutely still love it, and am doing well with it! I'm wondering if people have gotten unused to facing it as it isn't as commonly used now.

I kinda wish I hadn't taken the break I did, connection has been horrendous this evening. Tried playing about with the net connection a little bit, hopefully things will be improved

The Range Blaster and Inkbrush Nouveau arrive tomorrow morning

CLOTogNXAAA49DW.jpgCLP1iAKWwAArqNd.png

Edited by Serebii

Yet another Inkbrush eh? I'm just loving the original again so! Shame I won't be able to try them out until Sunday.

The next European Splatfest in #Splatoon will be on 08/08 at 18:00 BST!

North Pole or South Pole?

CLUJ6NXWwAAuUoD.jpg

Well this is an odd one

Well, there's an Ancient outpost located in Antarctica, as well a second Stargate.

I'm finding this one a bit tricky.

The south pole is colder.

Has penguins.

The North pole is marginally warmer (perhaps slightly less cold is more appropriate) but has hungry polar bears.

Both have orcas.. although taking a swim probably wouldn't be on many peoples to do list. Although I understand there is some awesome wildlife in the water, particularly in the south pole.

I don't know how I would decide... I guess if someone told me I absolutely HAD to visit one it would probably be the south pole, simply because there is a building there so I could stay there rather than go to the south pole in a tent hoping a polar bear wasn't going to make an unwelcome visit.

So I suppose that makes me south pole.

Well, there's an Ancient outpost located in Antarctica, as well a second Stargate.

Well there's the clincher.