Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Serebii

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CkUfuqwUoAEhJ3t.jpg

Miltank is live!

Honestly, apart from you, who here actually enters those online competitions?

Also, hooray! Another event Pokemon that has absolutely nothing unique or interesting about it.

It doesn't even have an item!

Anyway, @Eddage. That MEW2016 code apparently works again. So get on that before June 30th.

Honestly, apart from you, who here actually enters those online competitions?

Also, hooray! Another event Pokemon that has absolutely nothing unique or interesting about it.

It doesn't even have an item!

Anyway, @Eddage. That MEW2016 code apparently works again. So get on that before June 30th.

God, you're grumpier than a Grumpig

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You can get an event Meowth (that's right!) using code HAPPY. It knows the move Happy Hour.

Thanks for letting me know.

Just in case someone is wondering. Happy Hour is a Status Move that doubles the prize money you get from a trainer when used. Great for if you spend way too much money on drugs... Uh, I mean... "Vitamins"

Carbos... Not even once, I swear.

It's a move only available through certain events.

Edited by Glen-i

Does it stack with Amulet Coin?

Yes, I think it does. (Although, just to be safe. Might wanna get @Serebii to confirm that) It also stacks with the Prize Money O-Power.

So it's possible to get around 10 times the amount of money you'd normally get.

Methinks getting a Smeargle with this, Pay Day and a Recovery move could produce profitable results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not really sure if it's worth much to anybody but would anyone like a code for a Shiny Yveltal for Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? I got it free with my New 3DS but I'll never use it :heh:

It's valid until 15th September so if you want it, let me know and it's yours :smile:

I'm not really sure if it's worth much to anybody but would anyone like a code for a Shiny Yveltal for Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? I got it free with my New 3DS but I'll never use it :heh:

It's valid until 15th September so if you want it, let me know and it's yours :smile:

Yo, I'll take it!

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday, I bumped into Ghetsis at my local Pokemon Center.

14494759_10157473527040720_7640741348673495434_n.jpg?oh=162ca34479730603b6f8df7cffdbaf81&oe=5875AEF9

You've probably seen it on Serebii's site, but over the next month and a bit, the teams will be hijacking Pokemon Center's across the country and for Sapporo, our first team was Plasma. Got myself the Hydreigon being distributed and was surprised that my UK copy of Omega Ruby was also able to receive it which was never possible in previous generations.

So, although this will probably be dominated mostly by nostalgia, which team is your favourite?

Although mine is Team Rocket is because I just like their simplistic design and thuggery and the fact they were the team that makes the most sense, Team Plasma did reignite my hopes for antagonists that actually made fucking sense so they're a close second. Aqua, Magma and Galactic were just a bit too out there for me to find them as interesting as I did for Team Rocket so having the fifth generation open up with a team that were supposedly fighting against a common criticism of the theme of Pokemon, enslavement of animals and making them fight. Although the series has actively rewarded you for treating your Pokemon kindly, from an outsider's perspective Pokemon battling is quite a cruel idea. And let's not forget, Ghetsis is probably the most evil out of all the leaders due to his blatant brainwashing and the fact he actually attempts an attack on the player which I believe hasn't actually happened before in a Pokemon game.

So how about you guys?

Definitely Team Plasma. The only team with a plan that could have actually worked.

Really? I always thought that both of Ghetsis's plans were doomed for failure right from the start. Especially his plan in B/W, there's no way everybody would go along with it, even if he did manage to defeat the protagonist.

They were definitely more likely to succeed than Archie and Maxie's plans, though, but that's not really too difficult. :heh:

(At least OR/AS explained how they could be stupid enough to believe Groudon and Kyogre could be controlled so easily - Zinnia infiltrated their teams to guide them towards waking up the legendaries, so she made sure to trick them into thinking they would succeed.)

Personally I think Cyrus in Platinum probably had the "best" plan. I mean, his was also always going to fail, but at least it failed for reasons that nobody could possibly have foreseen. His plan, insane as it was, would definitely have succeeded had it not been for Giratina's interference.

EDIT: Plus, although his plans are stopped, he actually gets away and remains a potential threat, complete with a terrifying final line:

"This, I promise you. I will break the secrets of the world. With that knowledge, I will create my own complete and perfect world. One day, you will awaken to a world of my creation. A world without spirit."

Galactic is probably my favourite, for those reasons as well as it being the only team where I liked all of the notable characters. And they were the only ones who were awesome both in the games as well as the anime.

Edited by FireMeowth

Really? I always thought that both of Ghetsis's plans were doomed for failure right from the start. Especially his plan in B/W, there's no way everybody would go along with it, even if he did manage to defeat the protagonist.

I don't believe for one second that any of the other teams could have pulled off their evil plans without someone eventually going to the Elite 4/Champion of that region and saying "Hey, you're pretty good with Pokemon, you fancy sorting this out?" No-one on those teams were actually good enough in Pokemon Battles to pull it off. Even Giovanni was only good enough to be 8th Gym Leader quality.

I think Team Plasma were remarkably close, N did become the Champion after all (Ghetsis had even stronger Pokemon, including a hacked Hydreigon, you don't get more evil than that!), and they actually had Zekrom/Reshiram under control. You know, actually caught, not through some mystical Mcguffin.

And considering that N genuinely wanted to liberate Pokemon, he might have actually pulled it off. You know, until Ghetsis blew his top after N lost.

His B/W 2 plan is more typical evil team affair though. That was never gonna fly. (He gets bonus points for actually trying to kill the protaganist outright instead of challenging him to a battle first, he learned some things from last time)

I don't believe for one second that any of the other teams could have pulled off their evil plans without someone eventually going to the Elite 4/Champion of that region and saying "Hey, you're pretty good with Pokemon, you fancy sorting this out?" No-one on those teams were actually good enough in Pokemon Battles to pull it off. Even Giovanni was only good enough to be 8th Gym Leader quality.

I think Team Plasma were remarkably close, N did become the Champion after all (Ghetsis had even stronger Pokemon, including a hacked Hydreigon, you don't get more evil than that!), and they actually had Zekrom/Reshiram under control. You know, actually caught, not through some mystical Mcguffin.

And considering that N genuinely wanted to liberate Pokemon, he might have actually pulled it off. You know, until Ghetsis blew his top after N lost.

His B/W 2 plan is more typical evil team affair though. That was never gonna fly. (He gets bonus points for actually trying to kill the protaganist outright instead of challenging him to a battle first, he learned some things from last time)

Lance has had multiple hacked Dragonite :p Is he evil?

Edited by Serebii

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!