NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

I wish someone would confirm or deny that Battle Frontier exists in some form. It's just got to be in, right? There's no way they would leave out the best feature from Gen III, especially considering the lack of variety in battle facilities in Gen V and VI thus far.

I've got it :D

Haven't quite got far enough to finish the review yet (only got it Friday) but it will be coming shortly.

The embargo is very strict, so can't really answer many questions.

@Debug Mode, I can neither confirm nor deny your question, sorry!

Haven't quite got far enough to finish the review yet (only got it Friday) but it will be coming shortly.

The embargo is very strict, so can't really answer many questions.

@Debug Mode, I can neither confirm nor deny your question, sorry!

Quick, somebody steal his 3DS :p

Out of interest, which version did you get? Sapphire or the one with this little mofo?

zlCfzSqjFTYuuTwJO7

Yep, I'm shamelessly advertising a picture I drew on a kinda related drawing app. And what?

Ruby. If I had a choice I would've picked Sapphire, as that's what I had originally, but I guess it's nice to have a change!

Nice pic :)

It would seem the street dates are being broken in some areas and a certain journalist had to delete some tweets for accidentally breaking the embargo on certain post game content.

Unless this is a huge troll, Battle Frontier didn't make the cut. Well fuck, I hope there's at least something like it and not just your regular old Battle Tower facility, it's insane that we haven't seen a variety in battle faculties since HG/SS

IGN have created a new internet meme with their OR and AS review, the game got a 7.8/10 and one of the big negatives was "Too much water", I love some of the comments in their comments section.

IGN have created a new internet meme with their OR and AS review, the game got a 7.8/10 and one of the big negatives was "Too much water", I love some of the comments in their comments section.

See, I'd give the original Ruby/Sapphire the same kind of score. Two of the reasons for that being the god-awful surfing and battle animation speed.

But "Too much water" is just dumb, (I am assuming that the surf speed is the same as X/Y, mind).

One thing the reviewer points out baffles me more. They didn't like the amount of water Pokemon in the game.

Too many water Pokemon... in Alpha Sapphire...

That said, one certain quote caught my eye there.

and there are even a few post-game surprises to encourage you to keep training well beyond the 25-hour main story

@Debug Mode, sounds... kinda promising. But for all I know it could just be referring to Episode Delta and the whole bunch of Legendaries from other games.

It just seems mad to leave the Battle Frontier out considering HG/SS had all the Crystal content.

Anyway, I've just seen the Pokemon themes we're getting tomorrow.

themes2.jpg

Beautiful!

I love how Kyogre is nowhere to be seen unless you start scrolling! It's perfect for me! All my folders are in one area, so I never scroll anyway!

It's exactly what I've always hoped for.

Edited by Glen-i

Battle Frontier fully confirmed to not be in the game, the end game facility is the Maison copied and pasted from X and Y. Bravo Game Freak, fucking bravo. The main game looks good, but the post game looks like it is going to get very minimal extra hours from me and that's pretty disappointing.

Pretty weak IGN review if you ask me. Too much water? Well you can kinda balance this out by getting Ruby.

With the integrated X Y features and added features - I know this will be nothing short of a joy to play.

Gamespots review is better.

Edited by King_V

Battle Frontier fully confirmed to not be in the game, the end game facility is the Maison copied and pasted from X and Y. Bravo Game Freak, fucking bravo. The main game looks good, but the post game looks like it is going to get very minimal extra hours from me and that's pretty disappointing.

Bugger...

I'm not really one for battling online, so that wasn't what I was hoping for.

I'm starting to get the impression that this remake may not have gotten as much care put into it as HG/SS did...

Bugger...

I'm not really one for battling online, so that wasn't what I was hoping for.

I'm starting to get the impression that this remake may not have gotten as much care put into it as HG/SS did...

HGSS also had a copy/paste of the last game's battle facility.

As such, it had the same attention and care. :p

A copy paste of a battle facility with actual variety is completely different to a copy paste of what is essentially a bog standard Battle Tower. The Battle Maison is fucking boring, as was the Subway last generation, how have we ended up with less post game with each generation?

And HG/SS had an insane amount of attention and care. They couldn't even be bothered to replace the Game Corner with an actual mini game like Voltorb Flip. And where's the Emerald components? HG/SS had lots of elements of Crystal thrown into the mix.

ORAS will no doubt be good in their own right, but the wasted potential is infuriating.

Wait, Platinum had the 5 facility Battle Frontier?

Man, I remember so little about that game...

Fair enough, my bad.

Still hugely disappointed about this though. I'm officially not even remotely hyped about this remake now. I wanted to tackle all those facilities with an actual knowledge of EV and IV training.

Got a Diancie code today, any nature/move set suggestions?

Defensive, definitely defensive.

It seems like it would make a decent mixed attacker. So...

More Def/Sp.Def, less Speed?

That's what I went for.

As for moves, definitely keep Diamond Storm. It's Stone Edge without the crap accuracy. Has a 50% chance of raising Defense too. Very nice.

Moonblast is always nice.

Stealth Rock, Toxic, etc.

Just don't be expecting to go first with it...

50 base speed sucks. Its Mega gets 110 base speed though. 160 for its stack stats for a more offensive build seems better.

The Japanese release has English text right..?

To anyone getting this game - are you going to be open to wifi battles now or will you simply be closed off rushing through the amazing main game/storyline? Hmmm? :/

To anyone getting this game - are you going to be open to wifi battles now or will you simply be closed off rushing through the amazing main game/storyline? Hmmm? :/

No wifi battles for me. I care not for the competitive side. I'm quite happy to simply make my way through the story and then continued to be of accused of 'rushing' another game.

No wifi battles for me. I care not for the competitive side. I'm quite happy to simply make my way through the story and then continued to be of accused of 'rushing' another game.

Fair do's.

Exciting! I haven't actually been 'around' for a Pokemon launch in a quite a while...I didn't have a 3DS until last Xmas so other than looking at the new Pokemon, I didn't bother myself with info too much.

I'm looking forward to this because it was the only gen I never played/completed. Had the steelbook of either version I'd like on preorder...might go to the midnight GAME launch. 'Cause I'm that goddamn cool.

Looked at the Version differences on Serebii's site, but other than Pokemon, are there any more? I have no allegiance to either mascot legendary, other than I kinda hate the look of both. Push came to shove I'd prefer Kyogre.