Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Jarhead

James

1st. its about jake gehlanhall in the desert for a while.

oh and ramar...jarhead is a name for new recruits in the us army.

Spot on.

Jake Gyllenhaal (like i said in the Brokeback Mountain thread) has been my fav actor for months! I have 'nearly' every film his starred in on DVD (well the main ones anyway).

I'll be buying this and Brokeback when they are released on DVD. I really have to be in the mood to go to the cinema!

:smile:

good film then owen? i havent seen any press...

Well i haven't seen it; yet. Like i said i need to be in the mood to go to the cinema, i may do though. It has got mixed reviews but i'll go see it just to see how goods Jake's acting is again, i think his brilliant! :smile:

He's only really starred in cult films, which were successful but not mainstream. So i'm a little upset that his starred in Brokeback due to the fact that it's wowing audiences across the globe, although he 'needs' to become big, he does deserve it. We need freshing actors don't we? :smile:

Moonlight Mile and October Sky are must sees as well. Bubble Boy is also pretty fuuny! and of course Donnie Darko is by far the best film i've ever seen! :awesome:

Oh and Lammie it is based on the book. If you buy the Sun paper today, theres a whole section about Jake, the book and the film in the middle.

ill watch it because i have been told that theres a scene where theres a gun battle between saddam and the us troops, saddam suddenly gets shot, but gets up again. and he stores up a huge amount of energy and hadokens the troops. later jarhead, as the main hero is called. summons the balrog of morgoth and there is a stand off between the balrog and saddam. the balrog says, "leave now and dont come back" and saddam says "wrong answer mcfly!" but the balrog just eats him up...

sorry for spoiling it