NEurope
Sméagol

[game] Riot: do whatever the fuck you want mafia

Didn´t go out tonight, so the deadline is unchanged. I don´t think I´ll have any hard interactions, so the "write-up" should be timely as well.

I wonder if I´m already seeing trends regarding abilities this first turn, I´ll try to keep track of some stats.

Part of me would love to see it all laid out at the end of the game; but more of me is keen to not; in case we could do another mafia like this in the future. I'm already starting to have ideas of things to do in a mafia to mix things up!

It´s too early to comment on this now of course, but post-game discussion should be interesting.

##########

End of night 1

Report:

Jimbob has been killed. Jimbob was mafia.

passive ability: on targeting send player PM with "We Like Roy!"

active ability: alignment investigate Yvonne immediately

Start of day 2

There are 9 active players.

Absolute majority is 5.

Deadline is 28-02-2014 00:00 CET (27-02-2014 23:00 UK)

[01] The Peeps

[02] Yvonne

[03] Rummy

[04] Mr-Paul

[05] Jonnas

[06] Sheikah

[07] Jimbob - mafia - killed

[08] DuD

[09] Cube

[10] ReZourceman

Black denotes active players.

Grey denotes dead players.

@Mr\-Paul@Jonnas@Sheikah@Jimbob@DuD@Cube@ReZourceman

Note:

Sending PM´s.

Edited by Sméagol
Automerged Doublepost

lol fair enough Peeps

btw all I have a double vote this turn, which means that there was at least 1 power clash in the last phase

You mean what's written about him in the write up?

Oh yeah I should clarify that. Last night I checked Peeps' chosen powers and had them anonymously posted to the writeup.

are you allowed to tell us whether Mafia kills take place instead of an active ability?

I would assume he'd do it, but only if he felt like it ;)

But no need. I confess. I did it.

I killed Jimbob out of my own free will

I know, I was lucky that my random targeting came out mafia. It was a crazy gamble, but dammit, that's what this game's for.

So you are saying you were allowed to vigilante kill? I doubt that somewhat since I was refused from taking that and I submitted my request fairly early on.

Also no town death.

More likely Jimbob reflected off me and killed himself.

So you are saying you were allowed to vigilante kill? I doubt that somewhat since I was refused from taking that and I submitted my request fairly early on.

I literally sent that as soon as the game started. I thought it started out as "Night 1" (must've misread).

Still, a lack of town death as well...

Let's also not forget that Jimbob may also not even be Mafia. It would make sense for Mafia to have a passive ability that causes their victim to appear Mafia on death so that a Mafioso can step in and claim to have done the heroic act.

I'm finding it hard to believe they didn't secure themselves better to be honest. This game really lets them do that.

@Sméagol are you allowed to tell us whether Mafia kills take place instead of an active ability?

Well, I am allowed everything, but whether I actually will.. I´ll let you figure this one out on your own.

A lack of a town death may not mean anything. There is only one of each action per turn and Jonnas used it up. If someone wants to use an active ability to investigate the dead player to confirm alignment...

Well it's up to other people what they want to believe then. If we're going with Jimbob being Mafia and this isn't a cover up -

Either Jonnas managed to bag a vigilante kill (which seems rather powerful to me, and I knew I was hedging my bets when I requested it), murdered someone without any real direction and got lucky, while Mafia simultaneously failed to kill...

Or I power reflected Jimbob back onto himself. I'm more inclined to believe the latter, purely on there being fewer required coincidences occurring, but I can't rule out Jonnas's account for sure.

I don't have a PM.

There hasn't been a suggestion that everyone gets a PM though, just that Smeagol was sending them out. I'm assuming that's relating to people expecting information or notification of a failed action?

I think in a game like this you would get confirmation that your action was successful. Maybe not though. Maybe you should've stipulated that you should be informed of success :p

@Jonnas did you get a PM?

I was trying to stipulate it but he didn't let me (passive). If I had gotten away with it, I would have known absolutely everything about who I reflected.

Anyway...I don't agree with your assertion and I'm pretty sure he'll deal with abilities and information he gives out on a case by case basis. Also seeing as I failed to get the information payload I find it likely he would send nothing at all.

Well I'm only reasoning that if Jimbob didn't target you, you'd also not receive a PM. In either case (you or Jonnas) we have only your word to go on.

Unfortunately, Three have been messing around with my tethering and keep blocking the internet, so I've barely been able to get online the past few days.

As a result, I wasted a night doing nothing. Which is a big shame for a game like this.

@The Peeps I picked anonymous because it could have been useful for the information to be temporarily withheld (Eg, to see your reaction to it without other people knowing).

Last night Sheikah did not target anyone, I can confirm.

Work's blown up a bit today, so I wont be able to check as much. If people would be so kind as to @ mention me, I can answer any questions.

@The Peeps I picked anonymous because it could have been useful for the information to be temporarily withheld (Eg, to see your reaction to it without other people knowing).

Last night Sheikah did not target anyone, I can confirm.

Work's blown up a bit today, so I wont be able to check as much. If people would be so kind as to @ mention me, I can answer any questions.

The part about me can't be true. I reflected any powers directed against myself (and even specified that I went first). It was accepted.

Edit: forgot to say, I targeted myself to trigger this, so that doesn't make sense.

Edited by Sheikah

What the actual f**k. How the hell did that happen, and why is it saying i'm mafia???. I smell something fishy going on here.