NEurope
Happenstance

Playstation Plus Free Games

Chapter 6 of Maquette done.
It's been way too easy to softlock the game in the earlier chapters...

The puzzles are great, but it feels like they don't fully fulfill the main mechanic's potential...

And the writing is soooooo bland...

pQSw2Dx.jpg

Well, after Chapter 6 it was over very quickly.

Nabbed all the trophies and it didn't change my opinion of the game. It's a lovely idea that never comes close to fulfilling its potential. The game could've done without the narrative and should've focused more on the puzzles themselves. More levels, less talk :p

• Like 2

Rumour has it that, aside from Oddworld Soulstorm, we'll see Days Gone and Zombie Army 4 in April

I can already taste the meltdown because DaYs GoNe Is AlReAdY oN tHe Ps+ CoLlEcTiOn :p 

Would be quite happy with Zombie Army 4. Have been interested in it for a while as it's apparently a pretty good co-op game.

Will definitely give Oddworld: Soulstorm a chance, but it'll probably be like all the other Oddworld games...I won't like it :D 

Edited by drahkon

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I can already taste the meltdown because DaYs GoNe Is AlReAdY oN tHe Ps+ CoLlEcTiOn :p 

Well, it is. ::shrug:

There's no way they'll put Days Gone on PS+ for that reason.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Well, it is. ::shrug:

You know there's games in the Plus Collection that have previously been monthly Plus games? Plus Collection is also only for people who have a PS5.

Edited by Sheikah

I wonder if Oddworld: Soulstorm will only be the PS5 version that's on PS+ (as they've done a few times since Maneater).

The other games are only PS4 titles (so backwards compatible on PS5). 

18 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You know there's games in the Plus Collection that have previously been monthly Plus games? 

Yes, and? Putting up previously free games as permanently free at a future date is one thing. Using up one of three monthly free games as something that's already free to your biggest fans is different.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Yes, and? Putting up previously free games as permanently free at a future date is one thing. Using up one of three monthly free games as something that's already free to your biggest fans is different.

PS5 users have been getting it good for a while. Like getting Bugsnax, Maneater, Maquette, Destruction All Stars and soon to be Oddworld Soulstorm, on top of the other games that both PS5 and PS4 owners get. So it wouldn't be surprising (or even a terrible thing) if one of the games was Days Gone. PS5 users will be getting Oddworld next month after all.

16 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

PS5 users have been getting it good for a while. Like getting Bugsnax, Maneater, Maquette, Destruction All Stars and soon to be Oddworld Soulstorm, on top of the other games that both PS5 and PS4 owners get. So it wouldn't be surprising (or even a terrible thing) if one of the games was Days Gone. PS5 users will be getting Oddworld next month after all.

I guess I just find that Game Pass has completely demolished PS Plus’ appeal. And at a time when there isn’t really much to play on PS5 getting a game that most ofconsole owners have anyway isn’t great. But anyway, not a big deal, hoping the rumour is incorrect. 

I guess I just find that Game Pass has completely demolished PS Plus’ appeal. And at a time when there isn’t really much to play on PS5 getting a game that most ofconsole owners have anyway isn’t great. But anyway, not a big deal, hoping the rumour is incorrect. 

In my case Plus has been giving me new games each month like Control Ultimate that have more than kept me busy. I'm also about to get Disco Elysium which just released on PS4/5 yesterday but won't be coming until who knows when for Xbox.

Game Pass is obviously incredible value but you can't play them all at once. Getting 3 games a month is still more than I can handle and can realistically complete that month.

You have to wonder whether Game Pass is doing what Microsoft wanted at this stage, it must cost them a fortune to keep going and subsidise with their promotional discounts. And at the end of it all far more people are still buying PlayStation.

• Like 1

Also, PS Now is the competition to Game Pass. PS Plus and Games with Gold would be a fairer comparison.

Although a friend of mine will be quite annoyed if Days Gone is added to PS+, as she started playing it on PS Now, then bought it when it left in January, so appearing on Plus so shortly would be a bit annoying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:

3697134.jpg

:cheeky:

51 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You have to wonder whether Game Pass is doing what Microsoft wanted at this stage, it must cost them a fortune to keep going and subsidise with their promotional discounts. And at the end of it all far more people are still buying PlayStation.

It's nice of you to concern yourself with Microsoft's bottom line but I don't really find myself thinking about that kind of thing. It's less about console sales v console sales for them anyway and more about Game Pass sales.

If PS Now with it's 2 million subs as of last year is the competition to Game Pass, then that's even less of a favourable comparison for Sony.

29 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

3697134.jpg

:cheeky:

Dear oh dear. #DeliveringTheGoods

Edited by Ronnie

11 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's nice of you to concern yourself with Microsoft's bottom line but I don't really find myself thinking about that kind of thing

You know you don't have to be abrasive all the time, right?

Looks a good month to me. Been wanting to try Days Gone for a while, so that'll do nicely.

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 2

I'm really starting to regret buying Days Gone for full price on release if they're going to keep giving it away for free every chance they get. :cry:

PS-Plus.jpg?resize=1088,612&crop_strateg

Let's make this official :p

Great month. Obviously have Days Gone already, but good for all the PS4 players who don't (if you enjoy that kinda game, of course).

And a big FUCK YES for Zombie Army 4. If my mates are happy to play the boring ass Remnant: From the Ashes they will have to play this one with me, too :D

• Like 1

I always thought Days Gone looked a bit bland but I kind of want to try it on a technical level just to see the amount of zombies on screen so I might download it.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

It's nice of you to concern yourself with Microsoft's bottom line but I don't really find myself thinking about that kind of thing. It's less about console sales v console sales for them anyway and more about Game Pass sales.

If PS Now with it's 2 million subs as of last year is the competition to Game Pass, then that's even less of a favourable comparison for Sony.

Dear oh dear. #DeliveringTheGoods

Well that's not true is it, you're always talking about sales and success and directions companies are taking.

Anyway, I find it interesting to think about because Game Pass is Microsoft's direction right now, but might not be forever, and how they do with it will likely dictate how quickly we move away from game ownership.

Also this is a really good month for Plus, I'm surprised that you're finding ways to be critical about it. I mean, Oddworld being given away at launch, and Days Gone for people who don't have a PS5 (which is most people) is pretty incredible, actually.

When you consider how Plus was at the start of the PS4 generation there is such a difference in terms of the offering now. And we just saw a load of games given away completely free, too.

Edited by Sheikah
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Well that's not true is it, you're always talking about sales and success and directions companies are taking.

It's very true, thanks.

There's a difference between talking about sales numbers and questioning the profit margin of corporations. You bring the latter up every time the Game Pass conversation comes up.

8 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

Also this is a really good month for Plus, I'm surprised that you're finding ways to be critical about it. I mean, Oddworld being given away at launch, and Days Gone for people who don't have a PS5 (which is most people) is pretty incredible, actually.

A good month 'for Plus', but next to Game Pass it's pretty laughable, and will continue to be unless they up their game. But they don't need to, so probably won't.

Personally speaking, I think Oddworld looks seriously boring, Days Gone bland af, and the other one seems to be a 7/10 at best game, similar to Maquette. Oh well ::shrug:

A good month 'for Plus', but next to Game Pass it's pretty laughable, and will continue to be unless they up their game. But they don't need to, so probably won't. Personally speaking, I think Oddworld looks seriously boring, Days Gone bland af, and the other one seems to be a 7/10 at best game, similar to Maquette. Oh well ::shrug:

You know, you can be such a thoroughly antagonising person to converse with on these forums. I try to dig down into what you're actually trying to say but it genuinely comes across that you're only interested in point scoring. I just...honestly don't get it. Are you this angry/annoyed all the time in real life?

• Like 2

Other than a few EA games (Jedi Fallen Order, Titanfall 2) and Control (which was on Plus with all DLC), Days Gone is better than anything on Game Pass.

And once again, you're comparing two very different services. Game Pass is more expensive and doesn't let you play games online.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

You know, you can be such a thoroughly antagonising person to converse with on these forums. I try to dig down into what you're actually trying to say but it genuinely comes across that you're only interested in point scoring. I just...honestly don't get it. Are you this angry/annoyed all the time in real life?

There was nothing antagonising about my post. 

Why did you buy a PS5 at launch, when all you do is piss and moan about it?

• Like 1

Days Gone is fantastic game. Glad more people get to play it.

I mean, I like Microsoft Game Pass, and I like PS Now too. But which is better?

There's only one way to find out!

tguZ3fL.gif

Edited by bob