NEurope
Cube

Shadow of Mordor

gameinformer_proportional2.jpg

As movie audiences gear up for the next installment of The Hobbit, gamers now have their own Tolkien project to get excited about. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is on its way to a game screen near you on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Developed by Monolith Productions and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, we feel the upcoming game showcases some of the gameplay innovation potential now possible on next-generation consoles through its groundbreaking Nemesis System.

While many previous games set in Middle-earth have revolved around the major events or characters depicted in Tolkien's books, Shadow of Mordor offers a new chapter that fits comfortably between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Players control a lone ranger by the name of Talion as he journeys deep into the heart of Mordor in the days before it transforms into a blasted hellscape. Along the way, developer Monolith is exploring a fascinating next-gen approach to enemies, encounters, and storytelling, one in which every player shapes their own story through the choices they make. The Nemesis System assures that every enemy you fight is a named foe, and if they survive their battle with you, they continue to grow, improve, and act in the world, even as you attempt to do the same with Talion. Our cover story recounts our extensive look at the game in action, from combat and leveling to story and setting.

It's on PS3, PS4, 360, XBO and PC.

Ah I read that as sequel to LotR at first and was a bit more excited.

Still, it's quite nice to have a game based on something new and it sounds interesting at least.

Just need some screens/gameplay now!

Arkham combat mixed with AC. This might be the first LOTR game that I actually enjoy.

There's also the worry that the lines will be utterly dull with no real characterisation. "You [injury type] my/my boss' [body part]. I'll kill you [in a way related to the injury]!"

I don't really see a problem with that tbh. Looks like there were a lot of options, too. Almost like the direction AC should have headed after the first game.

Arkham combat mixed with AC. This might be the first LOTR game that I actually enjoy.
AC essentially already has the same combat as Arkham, just executed far worse. So the same type of combat doesn't mean anything if they can't pull it off with the same quality.

I think this is looking great, voice acting and story seem good and if they pull off the Nemesis system it could be really special.

Also sounds like this has been bumped forward a few days.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is pleased to announce that the highly anticipated action game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, will be available in the UK on 3rd October 2014 for PlayStation™ 4, Xbox One, PlayStation™ 3 Xbox 360 and PC.

Gamescom trailer

So is this flying under everyone's radar? I think it looks better every time I see it.

Pre-ordered it yesterday morning : peace:

:yay:

I have it pre ordered too, as well as Alien Isolation. Can probably add DriveClub to the October list as well.

Just started playing and did some dicking about. Died 4 times as I was fucking about lol. Combat is straight up Arkham, shit all like AC in that regard.

Some screens I took.

io2cYkkZAVjuP.jpg

ion3ygvoL8Qf6.jpg

iho4PigGpMETz.jpg

iQda1tPCIg6Bg.jpg

ixKbFwuhVPRUO.jpg

i15tQOakP7dDC.jpg

ibdEeOs1gl67Hn.jpg

ip8U07crREzC3.jpg

i84stsOG3mrIf.jpg

ihZ12FrEn7I9l.jpg

i3hUcfKTkUb0R.jpg

iZEWTHKjYaIKJ.jpg

Been playing this for a couple of hours this weekend.

It's fun as hell.

Combat is satisfying, the world so far is pretty cool (though, not really varied. It's Middle Earth, though, so I guess it's just how it is), and the Nemesis System is awesome.

Glad I bought it. : peace:

Bit button bashy, hands actually hurt if you get swarmed by a load of orcs. Other that its ok, the story is good and the gameplay is fine. Bit like iNfamous but not quite as good.

Bit button bashy, hands actually hurt if you get swarmed by a load of orcs.

Really? I found it to be quite the opposite. Especially since I have that skill that gives you a "critical hit" if you time your button presses perfectly.

It's basically Batman-combat, which is awesome : peace:

Been deliberating with myself about wither to buy this on steam, Looks really good from all the reviews and stuff that i've watched. Kinda like Assassin's Creed/Batman Arkham with Orcs. I've never really bothered with LotR games before but this one looks pretty good. Especually since I heard you can pretty much kill or control the entire orc hierarchy if you wanted to.

Loving this so far, been playing it most of the day. The combat is great and just gets better the more runes and abilities you get and the Nemesis system is so good!

I have one sorry captain who I've been toying with and have beaten him about 3 times now. His had a sword to the face, an arrow in the eye, been set on fire and still he comes back for more, the last time we met he looked a right mess, I think I'll take his head next time and put him out of his misery!

@Esequiel I have a mission to avenge your death, the next time I'm on I'll track that Uruk down!