N-Europe

Wii Sports Club - Online HD Wii Sports

Serebii

THat's a very good point.

Maybe they are finally starting to understand that while multiplayer locally is great, a lot of people just don't have the numbers of people in their house often enough and having Online will surprise surprise add to the games lifespan :D

Just wish we could have voice chat too. Granted there would be practicality issues with wearing a headset and playing Wii Sports games at same time so that wouldn't work (unless they made a wireless headset :heh:)

BUT with the bloody camera and mic built into the Gamepad why not use that? The sound might get a bit echoy though which is the only concern but would be cool to be playing say Tennis with the main game on the TV and the gamepad displaying live video chat with your mates

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Miyamoto once saying Wii Sports Resort didn't have online because Wii Motion Plus is so precise that it's too hard to send the movements to the other player online (but he obviously worded it better :P)

Perhaps it's the extra power of Wii U here or perhaps that was just another classic excuse for not having online.

I remember Miyamoto once saying Wii Sports Resort didn't have online because Wii Motion Plus is so precise that it's too hard to send the movements to the other player online (but he obviously worded it better :P)

Perhaps it's the extra power of Wii U here or perhaps that was just another classic excuse for not having online.

Don't remember that one, but that would only be true for the 2 player VS sword fighting (THAT one would almost certainly be impossible to get working online).

Everything else should work fine though.

Edited by Dcubed

Wii Sports always seemed weirdly accurate for a standard Wii Remote anyway. I remember going back to it once last year and trying the baseball and the position of the bat was almost on Motion Plus type sensitivity. But maybe I just got so used to shoddy third party games I'd forgotten how good even the standard Wiimote can be.

I've been pretty busy for the last couple of weeks but was delighted when I found out about this :hehe: I hope there's an option of playing singles tennis as that could be amazing with Wii Motion Plus and something I've wanted for a long time :yay:

Yeah I said this earlier. Also let us do 6 game sets and 5 set matches. Just let us do what we want. Seriously doubt it though.

Yeah I said this earlier. Also let us do 6 game sets and 5 set matches. Just let us do what we want. Seriously doubt it though.

What and have it like real tennis? Next you'll be asking for nunchuk support to move your character or voicechat. Why would anyone want any of these crazy ideas? :indeed:

What and have it like real tennis? Next you'll be asking for nunchuk support to move your character or voicechat. Why would anyone want any of these crazy ideas? :indeed:

Haha, actually I can take not controlling our character I guess. Even voice chat to be honest... but I want options in game rules! Lots of them!

Haha, actually I can take not controlling our character I guess. Even voice chat to be honest... but I want options in game rules! Lots of them!

Last time we had the option to customise the number of games & sets of tennis (Grand Slam Tennis) we had an epic 2 hour match, my body is not ready for another one of those.

Pussy! :) Grand Slam tennis was so good!

Grand Slam Tennis really was a brilliant game as was Tiger Woods 10 onwards. Just shows what we are missing with EA, in fairness they really did support the Wii with great games, well apart from when they turn their servers off after a year the fcuking cnuts. Honestly! How can one company be so brilliant and so utterly retarded all at the same time.

Grand Slam Tennis really was a brilliant game as was Tiger Woods 10 onwards. Just shows what we are missing with EA, in fairness they really did support the Wii with great games, well apart from when they turn their servers off after a year the fcuking cnuts. Honestly! How can one company be so brilliant and so utterly retarded all at the same time.

This. EA have their faults and I hate them with a passion but give me their games any day over the Wii Sports equivalent. There is no comparison, graphics, customisation, depth of gameplay, etc. Their practices with their servers is a joke when you consider Black Ops is still online to this day and MH3 only shut down when MH3U was coming out within a month for Wii U.

Looks like the game is being made by Namco!

WTF!? That was unexpected! (I thought it would be HAL). Nintendo turning to them for netcode expertise?

I suppose it's still possible that HAL is making the game, while Namco deal with the netcode (as that's something that Namco's programmers are actually very good at - their fighters have fantastic netcode!)

Edited by Dcubed