NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Direct - September 4th

It's not coming out that late. Don't think that they weren't in contact over the last year or so and these things sorted. It's not going to be that much later from XY as Brawl was for DP

Brawl came out roughly 1.5 years after D/P in Japan. If SSB4 comes out in mid 2014, it'll be just a mere 6 months-ish afterwards; if it comes out towards the end of 2014, it would've been 9-12 months.

No matter how you slice it, that's significantly less time for them to include Gen 6 content. Considering that they're already fighting for time (and hell, I'm actually really doubtful that both games will get released in 2014 - No way will it have a roster bigger than SSBB either, nor will it include as many stages in each game), it doesn't really make much sense to wait for Gen 6 to come out so that they can decide which Pokemon to include when they can just get to work using Gen 5 stuff anyway.

Besides, N's Castle is just begging to be a stage! :D (And Zoroark's main gimmick will be funny as hell in Smash Bros :laughing: )

Smash Bros for Wii U will almost certainly be the November game next year.

Trust me, there will be a playable Gen VI Pokémon.

They should make Jigglypuff unlockable in the next Smash Bros by inserting the Brawl disc into the WiiU:D

Zoroark's ability would be quite interesting (transform into a different player) but they would have to remove the player identifiers otherwise it would be pretty pointless. Also he doesn't actually gain the moves of his illusion so that would break it as well, unless they change it for Smash.

Didn't think he was very popular though, even if he did get a movie.

Iwata got dubbed, booooo!

Guess they solved transferring to new future versions even if the next system doesn't support 3DS backwards compatibility.

Easy transfer to Wii U versions as well, maybe?

Edited by Ike
Automerged Doublepost

Oh man... Starter choice just became so much harder. Picking Charmander for sure. Was going to pick the start but don't want both.

Love them special edition 3DS XL's. Sexy.

I'm even more excited about the game now. The battle sequences look amazing, in game footage looks amazing - like they've breathed new life into the series.

Love that the original starter Pokemon have returned. A massive nod to the older gamers who have been there since the start! Never mind you little bastard 5 and 6 year olds that will be buying this - the twenty something guys are more excited than you lot will ever be!! YEAH.

Can't wait. I've even booked the day off work. :D

Ah man, I could really relate to Masuda-San and Ishihara-san when they were talking so passionately and nostalgically about Pokémon.

It really is a beautiful thing and now I want to check all the pokémon I've caught and trained over the years :)

My beautiful Emporium

My powerful Typhlosion

just off the top of my head.

Loving this cloud idea and the Japanese actress wanting to show her grandchildren the Charizard she won tournaments with :laughing:

Edit:

I just noticed during the footage that they used slightly upgraded versions of the simple 'cries' the pokémon have been making over the years.

Would've been nice if they upgraded those though, for it doesn't really fit all this 3D glory.

1378293809918m4s65.png

DAT VENUSAUR!

I bet Pidgey or the like are living in that tropical forest on his back now.

Venusaur & Charizard looks ridiculously epic in their Mega forms!

Whereas Blastoise...

Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpg

His body is ready. Very ready.

Arm. Cannons.

Mega Charizard looks great as well. But arm cannons!

*Salivates*

1176333_689488304414316_1071997510_n.jpg

Hommina, hommina, hommina. I really shouldn't buy a fifth 3DS...

The fact you need to subscribe to Pokémon Bank before you can download the transferring software is an interesting (read: dickish) business move.

Well, I'm very tempted. But I do only have 1 at the minute and not 4 like you* ha.

I am thinking of buying the 2ds so I can put Peachy into retirement (as much as I absolutely love it) as I'd like to have it as a collectors. I am not a fan of the XL at all but those are pretty sexy.

*Jealous

What colour would you have gone for? You've already got blue & XLs right?

Annual fee for extra Pokémon storage? Can't transfer one Pokemon without it? Here's an idea, why not have the transfer thing separate and free or use some common sense and have Pokémon Bank use the sd card storage?

Not very pleased with this Direct.

Yeah not a fan that I'll have to pay to transfer my previous Pokemon to this, Actually pretty damn annoyed about that..

#twittercampaign????

Those designs seem more like alternate designs rather than anything "Mega".