NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

2 matches in the Elite League, 2 wins. I thought it was meant to be difficult?

The Middle League is way harder. Very bad day for our alliance we all lost, but once we get going no-one will stop us.

20130819_RAW_Orton_Coronation_LARGE_L_crop_650x440.jpg?1377141596

Some new changes to X11

A few updates done today:

- The possibility to automatically accept new team applications in private leagues

- All new teams will get 1 500 000 Econ as a one time income to begin with. This is quite a big change from today, made to give a little bit more freedom and the ability to do more with the team from the beginning.

- A bunch of new Facebook functions are launched to help managers recruit new players to a private league.

- And one update that we forgot to inform about in july, we´ve removed the negative form change in over training. If your player now gets overtrained everything will work as before except the form won´t change at all.

Alliances

The Example: 15

Team Awesome & Jimbob: 15

N-E Goal Trotters: 15

Eights United, Winston Gardens FC, ???

Atlético Aqui1a, ???, ???

???, ???, Cube

The Example - Intergalactico Stars, Hadens Rangers, The Sixty-Fourthers

Team Awesome & Jimbob - Kippen FC, Leeds M.O.T, Recall United

N-E Goal Trotters - Lylat Wanderers, Coloccini FC, bob

Spotlight

This week the spotlight is on Hadens Rangers vs The Roger Federer Crew. Please predict the outcome and percentage possession for each team!

Result

Hadens Rangers 2-3 The Roger Federer Crew

Possession: 41-59 (42-58)

Closest guess: AC Elites - 1-3 (43-57)

Edited by The Peeps

This game can be a fucking joke at times. Hats of to Dragwhoever, they managed to get 3 points, but I beat them in all 3 categories.

Yes he guessed my playmaker but that shouldn't limit my chances with a vastly superior midfield. Very defensive is obviously a match winning move no matter what the other team is doing.

joke.jpg

Plus 3 players in x11...

I'd prefer if you didn't share other player's tactics in the thread, even if you are frustrated at how they played.

A tactic that wins you the game is a good tactic whether you like it or not.

A better tactic would be to play super offensively and maybe throw on a couple more strikers.

Up to 11 goals already. I'm aiming for 75 goals this season.

This game can be a fucking joke at times. Hats of to Dragwhoever, they managed to get 3 points, but I beat them in all 3 categories.

Yes he guessed my playmaker but that shouldn't limit my chances with a vastly superior midfield. Very defensive is obviously a match winning move no matter what the other team is doing.

joke.jpg

Plus 3 players in x11...

I'll be drinking sweet tears of Ell tonight, out of a fine glass.

All I can say is "loooooool". You've got a nerve to moan about teams playing defensive football since that's all you did up until you blew millions on your team. (you didn't exactly breed that team, did you?) I stated beforehand that I would be playing a weakened team and we lost our first game badly. Compared to who I have in my team and who you have in yours, you should have destroyed me, whether or not I went defensive.

I'm more surprised than anyone that I won, but I'll take it. It may be our only win this season. :yay:

You have awakened a beast and my next game is against that beast away from home thanks Flinky!

I could easily end up with one point from my first five games I was hoping this could be a breakout season but its all going wrong :(

Anyway first report!

The Middle League keeps turning: Report One

AC Elites 1-0 Rossers Rovers

Elites opened their campaign at home against Rovers with a 4-4-2 formation while Rovers tried to play on the counter with 5-3-2. Rovers packed the defence knowing they were up against the strongest side in the league and this actually worked well. They had 3 chances against 2 for the Elites but the Elites had the lions share of possession. It was two youths working together that undid Rovers defence with Faketura feeding a glorious through ball to Zell who skipped past the goalie and hit the ball into an empty net. Rovers were now on the backfoot and despite a couple of substitutions and half time to regroup could not get another goal. Elites seemed content to sit back and see the game out. The result is what was expected and the Elites will have to get used to teams playing like this against them.

RFC 6-2 Dragooooo

When we looked at Dragooooo in our season report we saw their defence as a potential issue and it was exposed today by a rampant RFC. RFC went for an all out attack with a 3-4-3 formation while Dragooooo tried to control the game using 4-5-1. Early RFC pressure saw Dragooooo striker Barculo head the ball into his own net by mistake, but he soon made amends by heading the ball in the right goal 5 minutes late r to make it 1-1. However the amount of players RFC were able to commit forward meant any attack was dangerous and they scored with a header from Lajes before half time. The game was ended when Sauber who had the game of his career set up Taveria for a blistering long shot, Taveria himself then moments later scored a messy goal in Dragoooos own box. Hoffman scored via a header making it 5-1 as Dragooooos goalie could be heard screaming abuse at his own defence. Wielink showed some rare class for the away team as he found some space and curled the ball home off the bar. But when Taveria beautifully combined with Waugh who nutmegged the goalie it began to look like a training session. RFC completely outplayed Dragooooo today and look like a team who have promotion on their agenda.

Hadens Rangers 1-1 Leeds M.O.T

The other game between two Middle League teams from last season was a much closer affair ending in a bruising draw. Both teams played with a 4-4-2 formation hoping a balanced approach would win the day. Rangers started brightly with Mulholland threading a ball through to Burlett who hit it past a half committed Leeds goalie. The game became a tad bad tempered and was starting to simmer with a few yellow cards and the odd injury when Pispek made something from nothing shooting in a ground shot from outside the box to make it 1-1. Howson was taken off just on half time with an awful tackle from Zabel, Leeds fans and players were screaming at the referee for a red but it was just another yellow. Rangers had more possession and 7-2 chances but failed to convert with their strikers throwing away good opportunities. The game ended with an ugly confrontation which saw Mulholland who had a great game being needless sent off for a petty tackle that earned him another yellow. The managers refused to shake hands at the end of this game and with a suspension on one side and long term injury on the other this is a game both will want to forget.

Coloccini FC 2-3 Winston Gardens FC

This was always going to be an interesting match with a promoted side against a relegated one from last season. Coloccini showed no fear and went for a 3-5-2 line up while Gardens wanted to be ready for anything with 4-4-2. Coloccini's attacking style seemed to backfire at the start as the Winston captain Rosebotham found space from the light defence and hit in a curling shot. Moments later Koers hit a peach of a long ball which Benmouih brought down and blasted into the net to make it 2-0. That was to be Benmouihs last touch as he pulled up running for a ball moments later with a rather serious looking strain. Both sides put on some subs in the second half and the games pace went up a notch with 17 being had in the entire game. Winston edged the chances and possession stats but not by much. With minutes to go the young captain Madely sprinted past his marker and then rounded the goalie for a fantastic solo effort. However then 3 minutes later Goodison found the end of an Akera cross to make it 3-1. Madely deep into injury time pinged in a hopeful shot that took a slight deflection and ended up in the back of the net. But it was to late to try and get another with the full time whistle blown right after the restart. This was a good game Coloccini will feel unlucky not to have got anything from it, while Winston will be very pleased to keep up with the other relegated sides and get a win.

Fedex United 2-5 DuDs Baggies

Cup Champions Baggies went to promoted side Uniteds ground for an exciting opening game. Fedex went after the game with a 4-3-3 formation while the Baggies lined up with an attacking 3-5-2. Fedex ill discipline gave away a penalty dispatched by Ryman and then a freekick headed in by Shearer early on. The pace quickened as the game became end to end as the half drew to a close, first Saunders hit Baggies on the break to make it 2-1. Then Shearer got a second as he beat two men for a fantastic solo effort after a Fedex corner. A Baggies injury started the half badly for them but again fouls cost both teams. Dhall hit in a direct free kick for Baggies but then Patton hit a penalty in off the post to get one back for the home side. Barcz threaded a long ball through to Nixon to make it 5-2 and finish the game off. Baggies deserved this with a fantastic 12 chances to 5 for Fedex who must be commended for playing attacking football today.

Most Important Result: Coloccini FC 2-3 Winston Gardens FC

Good win for Winston, they need to beat teams like Coloccini home and away if they want to win the title this season.

Stylish Team: DuDs Baggies

12 chances away from home? Fantastic form from Baggies who looked very dangerous in a game that was a joy to watch.

Player of the round: Dário Taveira Winston Gardens

The veteran striker had the best game of his career creating two goals and scoring another, crucial presence in a close game.

Flinky, I'm not moaning about your choice to go defensive at all! I'm just saying, going super defensive against my offensive and having way more chances just perplexed me.

Also, do you have a problem with me posting the tactics flink?

I got myself an elderly striker for a couple of seasons. Should help out.

Sometimes I'm left wondering "how the fuck" when it comes to Xpert. This is one of those times Ell.

Flinky, I'm not moaning about your choice to go defensive at all! I'm just saying, going super defensive against my offensive and having way more chances just perplexed me.

Also, do you have a problem with me posting the tactics flink?

I'm winding you up, brah. (in character)

The game is tainted towards defensive tactics, for some reason. I've seen it too often, it doesn't seem to make sense to me. Yesterday's result makes no sense, I should have lost about 2 or 3 nil. Had I gone offensive, I reckon 7-0 loss.

Also, I looove the fact that I chose long range shots, yet neither goal came from that way.

As for tactics, I don't know what the rules are or how things go with etiquette. It makes no difference to me as I never keep the same line up or tactics for two games running anyway. Unpredictable, see.

Yeah, I knew they weren't your standard tactics so I had no qualms about showing them on here.

I'm liking my ratings, decent for the middle league! Shame the players obviously aren't doing anything :cry:

Obviously flink is fine with it in this case but I think a better method would be to ask first before posting someone else's tactics. I know I wouldn't appreciate mine being shared without consent.

Obviously flink is fine with it in this case but I think a better method would be to ask first before posting someone else's tactics. I know I wouldn't appreciate mine being shared without consent.

Yeah, I'd probably agree with this, just out of good etiquette and all that. Seeing as it's also something you have to pay for in the game.

My tactics are top secret.

Play 5 strikers.

Ultra offensive.

Long balls (who needs midfields, brah)

2 defenders

2 in midfield

2 keepers to make up for the lack of defence.

3 million econ win bonus.

Wing plays.

2-2-5 formation (with the 2 in goal).

THE BOB WAY.

Woo hoo, first win of the season. 1 chance and i took it, 1-0 victory for Recall.

Anyone doing reports for the lower leagues, i know i let the side down last season.

That's more like it! Score more goals than the other team, that it the Yellow Submarine way.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuarrrrk!

I DESTROYED Winston Gardens. 5-1. I was expecting a draw or potentially a narrow loss. The team really played well. Dat midfield. Ernesto, Daan, Graciano, Par-Ola, Huberto when he came on...best midfield in DRAGOOOOO's history.

That attacking line-up, too. If the DVs are good this year, I could have an amazing team in about 4 or 5 seasons's time. The youth coming through are playing really well, too. :)

Would've liked a win today but after losing both matches against Atletico last season I'll accept a 0-0 draw. Another manager rating of 2, I'm playing the Stoke way, ugly but gets the job done.