NEurope
Yvonne

The Jelly Bean Mafia

I ate the brown bean. The brown bean of alignment.

I consequently know that a certain one other among us is town. I shall not reveal who, until it be fruitful to.

Also, I had four beans. Now three beans. I ate the brown bean. The brown bean of alignment.

I don't think there is a point to holding that info, it runs the risk of assuming protection. You releasing info is safer for you than holding onto it, as you'd be killed to prevent that info's release.

@Sheikah -

It didnt knock me out, i ate it myself, it wasnt a bad bean. It was a red bean. It made me hungry.

I need to know what the blue and light blue beans do. I started with 4 now i have three.

I wouldn't go around saying the beans I have. Mafia could tell which beans do what, possibly even steal them.

See I don't agree with this power sharing malarky, as the mafia will know which beans they don't want to use.

But the bean I used has been outed anyway, I used the violet bean on heroicjanitor.

I was attempting to roleblock. Is it a good idea to say which bean roleblocks? I suppose the mafia would find out but it might be nice to keep them from knowing for a little while? Will say what bean it is if asked though.

If I'm mafia and lying about what the brown bean does, then I will be found out. If I have not lied, then you still have accurate bean information regardless of alignment.

I could be lying about Sheikah but then the bean could be inaccurate. Regardless, we will be sure on what the brown bean does.

You're top of my list now rummy.

You'll be found out? How? It'll be someone else's word against yours - do we find the proof until everyone is forced to eat the bean and confirm? That takes up people's powers, and gives an easy way to go 'omg he disagreed with what I already said one of us is lying it's him hes mafia'. It's confusion and discord, potentially. I'm taking people's bean claims with a pinch of salt.

I know which colour bean protects....

Then that makes two of us! I purposefully referenced the protection in that post. The question is, do we reveal it?

Don't the mafia already know who town are? :heh:

Anyway....I think that revealing is probably for the best. Green beans are Protection beans.

Aha! Yes, I can 100% confirm this as accurate. I used one to protect myself last night.

Aha! Yes, I can 100% confirm this as accurate. I used one to protect myself last night.

Coward bean more like!

See I don't agree with this power sharing malarky, as the mafia will know which beans they don't want to use.

But the bean I used has been outed anyway, I used the violet bean on heroicjanitor.

Well this is why I agreed more with Cube's earlier reasoning - only revealing good beans and hiding the effects of bad beans, in case the mafia don't know.

My issue is now...we've got a thread full of beans, colours, potential things. Good reveals, bad reveals - sure it gives us a list of powers but does it give us anything of the players?

Coward bean more like!

It was green, not yellow!

Who would you suggest I protect? Protecting myself was 100% protecting a town, anyone else was not!

I ate the brown bean. The brown bean of alignment.

I consequently know that a certain one other among us is town. I shall not reveal who, until it be fruitful to.

So the Mafia will just kill you instead. If you're town of course.

In a game like this with one use powers it does somewhat eliminate thread of death down the line; but then it also means you should share what might benefit before you die unless you really have a compelling reason not to.

You'll be found out? How? It'll be someone else's word against yours - do we find the proof until everyone is forced to eat the bean and confirm? That takes up people's powers, and gives an easy way to go 'omg he disagreed with what I already said one of us is lying it's him hes mafia'. It's confusion and discord, potentially. I'm taking people's bean claims with a pinch of salt.

Then that makes two of us! I purposefully referenced the protection in that post. The question is, do we reveal it?

Magnus states the same about the brown bean. And obviously I know I'm town, so I'm trusting it.

I think you've been pretty suspicious. Why blurt out the accusation that I took from the rare bean bag? That's inevitably going to lead to the Mafia recognising me as more of a threat. Also trying to discredit the brown bean seems a bit farfetched. Someone else would inevitably use it later on (like Magnus claims to have), then Diageo would be found out.

Quite surprised only me and drahkon seems to have taken from the bag so far. Seemed to me like more people would wait to find out what their beans did from others first, while having a crack at a rare bean.

I didn't blurt it out, I guessed and you confirmed it. I gathered no info to that end, merely thought since seeing the setup that your first move would be to try and get a rare bean. As I've already said, I green beaned myself last night - I can't have known what you did.

As for your post(which I directed to Diageo, so I'm unsure as to your response to it) You've taken what I've said to focus too much on this brown bean thing(which I didn't even pickup on) - my point was that if X says that J-bean does Y action - it isn't confirmed until someone else either confirms it or not - doing so will take up actions etc. The mafia could have, if they knew, said the green bean was a self-harming bean for example - thus putting people off testing it. That's why I personally didn't wish to reveal the power of the bean too soon, but ReZ has and I can confirm that.

I'm merely arguing the potential semantics and possibilities - putting faith in someone's first claims of a bean is just a bit foolish imo. Then what happens if it later isn't corroborated? Or is actively disagreed with? Who do you believe?

Quite surprised only me and drahkon seems to have taken from the bag so far. Seemed to me like more people would wait to find out what their beans did from others first, while having a crack at a rare bean.

But if we'd all taken a bean from the bag...then we'd not know what any of them do. Taking a bean is a selfish move, because it doesn't provide useful info when we need it. I'm thoroughly unsurprised that it's a move you made.

Hmm, someone who protects himself calling me selfish?

I don't see how potentially getting a rare bean is selfish, given it would be used in the town's favour. Also it makes sense to get it early on, since statistically you have less chance of targeting Mafia at the beginning of the game owing to more townies about. I thought cop would be a rare bean, so it makes sense to try get it.

I think your arguments are pretty weak. I doubt the Mafia would want to lie about a bean function so early in the game. It only takes one or two uses of the same bean by others to expose them.

Aqui1a is town. Don't kill me. Please. I have nothing of value. I have a wife and kids. Probably. Take Aqui1a! He's town.

You doubt it, that's fine. I'm not saying it'll definitely happen, I'm just asking what if. As for saying protecting myself is selfish @Sheikah - no, it's sensible. On N1 I know nothing about anyone but myself, I KNOW that if I protect myself, I am 100% protecting a townie. That is not a certainty I have protecting anyone else on N1, and thus it's simple numbers and a sensible course of action. I am a target definitively within the pool of people with the potential to die; targetting myself or any other townie has the same effect statistically(as it's often the case an N1 target kill will be RNG'd, but that's neither here nor there).

Also, and @ReZourceman should be able to confirm this, if anyone doubts me about also using a green bean I can say that while it protects it is a protector only against kills.

(damn, end of the first paragraph is supposed to say 'targetting a mafia, does not')

I'm not saying I wouldn't have protected myself in your shoes, I probably would, just I found it a little funny you'd try call me selfish.

Players with undeclared activity

@Jon Dedede - Colour? Function? Target? Not heard anything from you at all yet.

@The Peeps, can you find out if you keep your double vote beyond the day? If you can't, you could just lay a vote down as a test to prove you really got a double. I ask because saying you got a double vote and that you're saving it could be used as an excuse to avoid declaration of other night activities in the future.

@Aqui1a, same as above with Peeps.

Declared actions.

Night 1

- Peeps says he ate a crimson bean to gain a double vote

- Aqui1a also claims he ate a bean to gain a double vote; a colour with the same number of letters as Crimson.

- Esequiel claims to have been stopped from doing anything using a red bean, which he says 'made him hungry'

- Cube says he attempted to reverse track using an orange bean, but claims to have been roleblocked

- mr-paul says he jailkept heroicjanitor using a violet bean.

- heroicjanitor says he attempted to roleblock. If mr-paul did jailkeep him, this would likely be why he failed. heroic has not declared the bean colour for roleblocking.

- I drew from the bag

- ReZ says he tried to protect with a green bean, but didn't say who.

- Diageo claims to have used a brown bean to investigate my alignment and finds me town.

- Magnus Peterson claims to have used a brown bean to investigate Aqui1a's alignment and finds him town.

- drahkon says he drew from the bag

- DuD says he roleblocked Jonnas using a violet bean.

- Jonnas claims he attempted to track with a blue bean, but was roleblocked. DuD says that this was in fact a jailkeep he performed on Jonnas using a violet bean.

- Jimbob says he ate a bean. We don't know any more yet.

- Animal and Jon Dedede have said nothing yet.

Declared Beans (click links to see posts where the info was declared).

Violet - Jailkeeping according to DuD and mr-paul.

Crimson - Double vote according to Peeps and Aqui1a

Brown - Alignment investigation according to Diageo and Magnus Peterson

Green - Protection according to ReZ and Rummy

Orange - Reverse Tracking according to Cube

Blue - Tracking according to Jonnas

Thoughts: Now that the brown bean has been declared by Diageo, there's nothing to stop further declarations of brown beans to be false. Something worth bearing in mind.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I ate a yellow bean, my target was Cube last night. I can confirm it was a roleblock out of this bean i ate, as he said he was blocked himself.

I started with 3 beans. Ate a blue one. Targeted Rez, Rez targeted himself.

The green bean really is the selfish bean!

Rummy, you're just giving excuses because you don't want everyone sharing. You even hypocritically said it would take several nights to check if the brown bean was a true cop bean and then in the same post 100% confirm the green bean. Hilarious.

Suspects

Mr-Paul

Rummy

With what I've heard, I'd even venture voting Rummy. This the most information we've ever had from a first day of a mafia game and it's the biggest weapon for the town. Remember we're the uninformed majority, information is our ally, not the mafia's. I strongly believe Rummy is mafia, but even if he isn't, he is actively playing against town interests.

I was talking about checking after the fact, I don't know the variance of the beans(ie how many there are) and how many people will have them. Thinking now, the rare beans will be harder. As for the green bean, ReZ revealed it and I was in a position to confirm. He'll confirm that I can confirm if you'd like to confirm by confirming that I confirmed his confirmation* of the fact it's a kill protector - not a power protector.

(*ReZ never confirmed this, he merely said it was a protector bean, but I wanted to use the word confirm a bit more)

Anyway, you're welcome to your suspicion of me. I purposely court it for a protection against kills in itself. It's a risky game, but maybe I'm just one reckless ol' bean.

With what I've heard, I'd even venture voting Rummy.

Don't pussyfoot around it man, if you're gonna do it then do it! Kill with your heart!

Who would you suggest I protect? Protecting myself was 100% protecting a town, anyone else was not!

Me of course :p

I ate a yellow bean, my target was Cube last night. I can confirm it was a roleblock out of this bean i ate, as he said he was blocked himself.

Well if you're just going to go out and say it then yes yellow is the roleblock bean.

Vote:Jimbob because he was also given a roleblocking bean and because I find he revealed it too easily, as if he felt no fear of reprisal.

I think the bold made it pretty obvious I voted for you Rummy. The white bean to you!

Vote:Jimbob because he was also given a roleblocking bean and because I find he revealed it too easily, as if he felt no fear of reprisal.

Why must you do this. I only came out and said this, as you know (and everyone knows). I play an honest game, i have nothing to hide. Cube said he was roleblocked, and Sheikah asked for target and bean function. I said exactly that.

And voting for me because i had a roleblock bean amongst other things, nah i don't get this one.

Don't mind heroic Jimbob. You've done nothing wrong for once.

Me of course :p

Well if you're just going to go out and say it then yes yellow is the roleblock bean.

The only reason you would keep knowledge to yourself is if you're not scared of being killed, AKA mafia.

Holding info is dangerous. Share it all now.

Rummy, you're just giving excuses because you don't want everyone sharing. You even hypocritically said it would take several nights to check if the brown bean was a true cop bean and then in the same post 100% confirm the green bean. Hilarious.

Suspects

Mr-Paul

Rummy

With what I've heard, I'd even venture voting Rummy. This the most information we've ever had from a first day of a mafia game and it's the biggest weapon for the town. Remember we're the uninformed majority, information is our ally, not the mafia's. I strongly believe Rummy is mafia, but even if he isn't, he is actively playing against town interests.

Heh, I overlooked that. Yeah, it makes no sense at all to go to such lengths to throw doubt on an alignment result based on it being unconfirmed, yet say that the green bean is totally confirmed.

Earlier on he was eager to exclaim that I must have taken a rare bean. I don't know why someone who was town would say something so clearly inflammatory to the Mafia. And of course, the Mafia would want to know if I had a rare bean since that'd make me a threat to them.

I'm happy to Vote: Rummy. His behaviour is totally off for a townie.

I can confirm that I also targeted myself using the power of the selfish bean.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have protected myself in your shoes, I probably would, just I found it a little funny you'd try call me selfish.

Players with undeclared activity

@Jon Dedede - Colour? Function? Target? Not heard anything from you at all yet.

@The Peeps, can you find out if you keep your double vote beyond the day? If you can't, you could just lay a vote down as a test to prove you really got a double. I ask because saying you got a double vote and that you're saving it could be used as an excuse to avoid declaration of other night activities in the future.

@Aqui1a, same as above with Peeps.

Declared actions.

Night 1

- Peeps says he ate a crimson bean to gain a double vote

- Aqui1a also claims he ate a bean to gain a double vote; a colour with the same number of letters as Crimson.

- Esequiel claims to have been stopped from doing anything using a red bean, which he says 'made him hungry'

- Cube says he attempted to reverse track using an orange bean, but claims to have been roleblocked

- mr-paul says he jailkept heroicjanitor using a violet bean.

- heroicjanitor says he attempted to roleblock. If mr-paul did jailkeep him, this would likely be why he failed. heroic has not declared the bean colour for roleblocking.

- I drew from the bag

- ReZ says he tried to protect with a green bean, but didn't say who.

- Diageo claims to have used a brown bean to investigate my alignment and finds me town.

- Magnus Peterson claims to have used a brown bean to investigate Aqui1a's alignment and finds him town.

- drahkon says he drew from the bag

- DuD says he roleblocked Jonnas using a violet bean.

- Jonnas claims he attempted to track with a blue bean, but was roleblocked. DuD says that this was in fact a jailkeep he performed on Jonnas using a violet bean.

- Jimbob says he ate a bean. We don't know any more yet.

- Animal and Jon Dedede have said nothing yet.

Declared Beans (click links to see posts where the info was declared).

Violet - Jailkeeping according to DuD and mr-paul.

Crimson - Double vote according to Peeps and Aqui1a

Brown - Alignment investigation according to Diageo and Magnus Peterson

Green - Protection according to ReZ and Rummy

Orange - Reverse Tracking according to Cube

Blue - Tracking according to Jonnas

Thoughts: Now that the brown bean has been declared by Diageo, there's nothing to stop further declarations of brown beans to be false. Something worth bearing in mind.

Red bean makes you hungry. Means you cant do anything that night but the next night you get to eat two beans. I dont have a green bean would love some protection tonight lol