NEurope
Yvonne

The Jelly Bean Mafia

I used the orange bean last night. It let me reverse track.

Unfortunately, I was roleblocked.

Also, to test something - I'll grab the violet from Dannyboy-the-Dane's body.

Very sparse write-up... we don't get alliances it seems but it's safe to assume he was town. We can also see that he used one of his beans last night, rather than opting to pick a new bean.

I also ate a bean last night.

We do not know whether he ate a bean or not. I only started off with three beans, myself! He could have even started with two and opted to pick a new one! :o

I also ate one of my beans last night.

Very sparse write-up... we don't get alliances it seems but it's safe to assume he was town. We can also see that he used one of his beans last night, rather than opting to pick a new bean.

I also ate a bean last night.

So you started with 4 beans?

I started with 3 and ate one.

Edited D2 post, I didn't mean to leave out alignment. Dannyboy-the-Dane was town.

I, too, started with 4 beans. It's either a random aspect, a balance, or possibly indicative of the mafia!!!/1?!!:! (who would have 3 beans because they've white ones y'see).

Other than knowledge of exactly what the bean did(which I'll sit on for a bit), I have no info of use from last night.

No info at all, i ate a bean that stopped me doing anything lol

Were you fed the bean or did you eat one of your own? I'd like to know what colour such a bean was if it was your own. Don't fancy eating one of those myself if I have one.

Classic Jimbob (Tactic)!

Were you fed the bean or did you eat one of your own? I'd like to know what colour such a bean was if it was your own. Don't fancy eating one of those myself if I have one.

You took a bean from the bag, didn't you?

That's interesting that some people only had 3 beans to start with... who else only had 3?

So Dannyboy either started with 4, or he did nothing during the eat/night phase

I also had three beans. Now I have two.

One thing I'd like to ask: If you have any information beans (cop, tracker - I'm also guessing there's an information role which tells you what colour bean someone used), as well as if you've found something like a protection, it may be best to let us know what colours they are.

These kind of roles are much more useful to the town then mafia. I'm not sure what we should do with other action roles (like roleblocking), though - if the mafia haven't figured out that colour, it could help them.

I did think similar @Cube - but for some reason I've decided against it for now. I'd like discussion to just happen and see what happens, rather than take a big tactical direction quite yet.

What if I were to tell you that a blue bean makes to a protector? Would all the town suddenly eat blue beans? For the record, I've no idea what a blue bean does - but couldn't the mafia disseminate falsehoods to manipulate plays? Of course, that in itself would discern us some further information...so maybe I agree!

On one hand, knowing which bean is for protection means we will be able to protect people when we want. It will allow us to focus on the beans that we know have the best effects. It will force mafia players to use good beans to appear innocent.

On the other hand, those who willingly tell everyone the effects of their beans are more likely to be killed, as they are known to hold certain information and to continually divulge important town information.

Although, if everyone tells everyone what each bean means, then no one is more likely for death than another. Which I think is the optimum strategy, and anyone against it would likely be mafia.

The brown bean investigates alignment, and it said that Sheikah is town. It was either hold onto the information of who is town and be killed, or give away who I investigated and make them a bigger target. However, now we know which person we should protect.

Haha, yes indeed @Rummy.

Na, that was a quick message. I did in fact eat one of my own beans last night and was successful in my night action (p.s, the bean was nice). I had 4 beans to begin with, now i only have 3 left.

BUT WHAT IF YOU'RE MAFIA?!?!?!!L:!!

Do you see the dilemma.

If I'm mafia and lying about what the brown bean does, then I will be found out. If I have not lied, then you still have accurate bean information regardless of alignment.

I could be lying about Sheikah but then the bean could be inaccurate. Regardless, we will be sure on what the brown bean does.

You're top of my list now rummy.

What if I were to tell you that a blue bean makes to a protector?

I know which colour bean protects....

ReZ asking to be killed there??

Well I've already used it, hence why I know what colour it is! :p

I agree with others in that it's probably best that everyone knows what colour beans protect/alignment cop etc... so could you tell us which colour protects ReZ?

We need to be able to protect people that are confirmed town as they'll be the biggest targets for the mafia.

We need to be able to protect people that are confirmed town as they'll be the biggest targets for the mafia.

Don't the mafia already know who town are? :heh:

Anyway....I think that revealing is probably for the best. Green beans are Protection beans.

Yes ReZ, while you may not be a target because you no longer have the protection bean, you are a target because you have the knowledge of what is the protection bean and are more likely to any more you get in the future. So please, tell us which bean it is.

Now I look stupid...

Confirmed townies are a target not because they are confirmed to be town for the mafia, but because they are less likely to be investigated, tracked, or targeted again, meaning the pool of possible mafia is smaller for the town to find.

Yeah but the town don't know who's town =\ so obviously the mafia will want to kill anyone who is confirmed good. Everyone now knows Sheikah is good so the mafia can't get him lynched.

Now I look stupid...