N-Europe

MacWorld 2006 - Steve Jobs Keynote

Charlie

READ FROM BOTTOM UP

-Taking orders today.

-Shipping in February.

-5.6lbs. iSight, Front Row; $1999 1.67 Core Duo; 667 DDR bus, x1600; $2499 1.83GHz.

-New feature: New Power Adapter is magnetically held in. If yanked, comes right out.

-IR sensor. Apple Remote.

-Demoing the new MacBook Pro.

-iSight Camera.

-15.4inch LCD. bright as cinemas.

-Hair thinner than the 17".

-Fastest notebook ever.

-4-5x faster than old Powermac

-Intel Duo Core

-MacBook Pro

-One more thing...

-MS Office and Messenger being made by Microsoft to work on Intel Mac

-Demos were running on the Intel

-iLife and iWork 06 will work on both PowerPC and Intel x86

-Two cores. each one faster than the G5.

-Intel Core Duo. an amazing chip.

-Intel Processor. 2-3x faster than the iMac G5.

-iMac. 17", 20". Same design. Same features (isight, front row, apple remote), Same price. What's different.

-No other desktop Pc can match it

-First Mac with Intel Processor today...

-starting to talk about Intel Macs...

-iWork '06 out today

-New App to share photos, movies, music, blogs, content... iWeb

-demoing iLife......

-iLife '06 out now "giant" release: Music, Movies, Photos, Blogs

-OS 10.4.4 out today with new widgets

-1500 widgets availible on Apple.com for OS X Dashboard

-Now talking about the Mac

MAC6.jpg

-Works with current models. New radio screen on the iPod to tune radio through the iPod screen. $49

-Announcing a new accessory for the iPod. a remote control with FM Tuner.-Television show sales doing well. 8 million sold since Oct 12th. Added bowl games.

-850 million songs sold. 3 million songs a day are being sold. Over 1 billion songs per year rate. 83% market share.

-Now on to iTunes...

-42 total million iPods sold since the it was first released. 32 million in 2005.-Over 100 sold every minute through the quarter.

-4.5 milliion sold during holiday 2004, for 2005 holiday sold 14 million

-Total revenues 5.7 billion total. Now let's talk about the iPod

- Retail stores had their first $1 billion quarter this past quarter

Well, those are some seriously good laptops but as far as I am concerned this is only important in one aspect...

DUAL BOOTING MAC ON PC'S!!

Seriously, they already managed to crack the 'work in progress' tiger to get it on non-apple computers and now that the OS is officialy out, that means its only a short time until we have the mods needed to use it on normal computers! Hell, if apple released tiger for PC I would buy it. We know they wont so this will have to do.

Typical, a PC fan-boy comes into a Mac thread, sees that the graphics card isn't as new as his own, calls them overpriced and crap and leaves without saying anything else.

ACTUALLY, its far superior to mine but at the price they are charging it is shocking. I was actually hoping they would announce an affordable ibook at macworld, but turns out its more of the same. Who really cares about a magnetic power cable.

If the price is right in the UK, I'll pick up one of those FM recievers for my iPod, they look really nice.

They are £35 on the uk site, shame they only do FM

I've just noticed I was soooo very slow with my last post. :red:

And the Dell Dual Core's seem a more likely purchase for me over the iBook. I'm just waiting around at the moment for Apple to update their Educational Shop, as the iBook price may be more tempting then.

ACTUALLY, its far superior to mine but at the price they are charging it is shocking. I was actually hoping they would announce an affordable ibook at macworld, but turns out its more of the same. Who really cares about a magnetic power cable.

So what price are they charging for it? For all you know they are giving you it for free and making you pay more for the other stuff. Look at all the software you get given with a Mac and how much it's worth.

So what price are they charging for it? For all you know they are giving you it for free and making you pay more for the other stuff. Look at all the software you get given with a Mac and how much it's worth.

Everyone knows apple charge more than their competitors, thats just the way it has always been.

i worked on this press launch for apple at BBC TV center last night and i have the press pack. the Ipod Radio remote for the the UK will be £35. Another bits u wanna know just ask and i will have a look in the press pack for it, i have full price lists for the world on there new items!

The sooner the better, Mac MSN 5 is a pile of crap really. I sometimes use Adium, but it can play up a bit and not send messages.

We need a good MSN. :P Heck, the 'new' feature in MSN 5 was display pictures. It came out in about July last year. How long's it been on Windows now?

Here's hoping for microphone chat.

Well, those are some seriously good laptops but as far as I am concerned this is only important in one aspect...

DUAL BOOTING MAC ON PC'S!!

Seriously, they already managed to crack the 'work in progress' tiger to get it on non-apple computers and now that the OS is officialy out, that means its only a short time until we have the mods needed to use it on normal computers! Hell, if apple released tiger for PC I would buy it. We know they wont so this will have to do.

Yeah but you can just get Tiger on a regular x86 shitbox anyway.

I did.

The more you knowâ„¢

Have to hand it to apple for the price of the imac, even at the most expensive configuration it still costs around £1200

Yeah, and it's a really powerful computer. I would love to get one of those. I'm going to have to wait a year or so though and even then I'll get the cheaper option. But they'll be much better by then....

Yeah, and it's a really powerful computer. I would love to get one of those. I'm going to have to wait a year or so though and even then I'll get the cheaper option. But they'll be much better by then....

I was considering getting one but I havent got enough room in by bedroom for a desk so no imac :(

Gonna get one of those HTPC instead.

Machintosh lost a good chance to get their prices cheaper, they had the excuse with IBM that it wasn't mass produced like intel...

Also... they SJ killed the sales from both G4 and G5, saying they are crap compared to this... they claim that these new macs are several times faster than the old ones (who by their turn claimed to be faster than any Pentium 4, lol), anyway... so G5 was great... and now it's crap... good thinking Apple... no Intel CPU can beat a double dual core at 2,5 GHz from IBM...