NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I play a craptonne of games and I don't have a PS4/Xbox One yet. I work freelance so I have way too much time on my hands 80% of the year.

The "droughts" (which are never more than 2 months now) don't bother me.

So

MK8 DLC

Starfox

Xenoblade

Kirby

Yoshi

Splatoon

Mario Maker

Project Giant Robot

Devil's Third

Direct/E3 announcements

I've always been quite content with my Wii U and its been amazing as a party console (the fun times I've had on the drawing minigame on G&W, Bumpie's Party, Nintendo Land, Just Dance, Wii U Karaoke, it really is the ultimate party console) but this last month or so really has been quite slow and the Zelda news is a bit too much to swallow for me. I've never been as disenchanted with Nintendo and the Wii U as I am right now. I really hope they manage to change my mind with the direct and E3 but I cant help but think they just haven't got it in them anymore. They have the quality but they sure as hell don't have the quantity

I didn't think it'd be over so early, because it seemed as though the Wii U was finally getting a personality and decent library, but it feels as though it's gonna start the fizzling down already, like what we saw with Wii in 2011. Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, but with what nintendo have ready for us this year, and with the absmal sales, I think Wii U has finally stopped fighting and Nintendo are setting their sights on the NX.

We're counting DLC now...? The last round added half an hour of new play and then just became part of the mix. Fun as it was.

Anyway, the best way Nintendo can sort out the Wii U is to get the exclusive rights to Beetle Adventure Racing HD.

Alright I'll take the DLC off, that just leaves

Starfox

Xenoblade

Kirby

Yoshi

Splatoon

Mario Maker

Project Giant Robot

Devil's Third

Direct/E3 announcements

which is a hell of a lot more than last year.

I've always been quite content with my Wii U and its been amazing as a party console (the fun times I've had on the drawing minigame on G&W, Bumpie's Party, Nintendo Land, Just Dance, Wii U Karaoke, it really is the ultimate party console) but this last month or so really has been quite slow and the Zelda news is a bit too much to swallow for me. I've never been as disenchanted with Nintendo and the Wii U as I am right now. I really hope they manage to change my mind with the direct and E3 but I cant help but think they just haven't got it in them anymore. They have the quality but they sure as hell don't have the quantity

I didn't think it'd be over so early, because it seemed as though the Wii U was finally getting a personality and decent library, but it feels as though it's gonna start the fizzling down already, like what we saw with Wii in 2011. Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, but with what nintendo have ready for us this year, and with the absmal sales, I think Wii U has finally stopped fighting and Nintendo are setting their sights on the NX.

I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume the death of the Wii U right now.

The Direct this coming week and E3 will put your mind at ease. Trust me :)

Edited by Serebii

You've said stuff like this in the past ( last E3 you said there would be a big Zelda blowout due to how little we heard of it up until then ) and the stuff shown didn't squash the fears of the platform being a bit meh for the majority of people.

It all comes down to what people want from the console. Nintendo could have a host of titles but if none of them appeal to you then they are irrelevant. That's not to say that the console has no games but rather that the games don't suit your needs. I know if Nintendo showed another 2D platformer at E3 people would be up in arms, whereas I wouldn't mind a bit.

Mystic Dreg :rolleyes:

It's not presumptuous. I was at its funeral last year.

Who the hell is looking forward to Project Robot and/or Project Guard?

Mystic Dreg :rolleyes:

In the state they were in, certainly not me. That's not to say others aren't though.

Project Guard looks like it'd be a laugh with others, though

Wouldn't surprise me if both became a part of Starfox though

Edited by Serebii

Me. :hehe:

But I'm someone that actually likes/plays videogames, which seems to be a bit of a rarity around here these days. :heh:

The only thing that's left for me on WiiU is Mario Maker and possibly Zelda - but even Zelda will take some convincing after the last home console versions.

The whole machine is essentially a platform for multiplayer Mario Kart at the moment. I have the new Smash but no one seems to want to play it for very long, unlike the previous entries.

Alright I'll take the DLC off, that just leaves

Starfox

Xenoblade

Kirby

Yoshi

Splatoon

Mario Maker

Project Giant Robot

Devil's Third

Direct/E3 announcements

which is a hell of a lot more than last year.

Project robot really shouldn't be added, it won't be a game, it'll be put into something new, same with guard. So we should wait to see what they get added into it. It may be more than last year, but there isn't a mario kart or smash. None of those will really shift units. Though surely they'll do a big price drop this xmas.

Why do you always post stuff like this as if you know anything when you don't. You never get anything right so why do it?

Why do you always post stuff like this as if you know anything when you don't. You never get anything right so why do it?

Never? Ha, you are mistaken. I was mistaken last week because plans changed.

You need to accept that given my position, I get wind of things before the general populace.

You need to accept that given my position, I get wind of things before the general populace.

So why do you get so much stuff wrong, I can't remember anything you've got right. Be brave and put your neck in the line then :) Say something rather than vague predictions.

And don't reply with pokemon rumble which was already leaked.

So why do you get so much stuff wrong, I can't remember anything you've got right. Be brave and put your neck in the line then :) Say something rather than vague predictions.

And don't reply with pokemon rumble which was already leaked.

Then your memory has faltered, as I have had many things correct.

I don't have specifics of the Direct, those don't leak.

Then your memory has faltered, as I have had many things correct.

I don't have specifics of the Direct, those don't leak.

So what should we "trust you" on? That Pokken will eventually release on the Wii U? Do you hear about anything other than pokemon stuff?

From January, Miyamoto teases unannounced 2015 Wii U games

You mean the year where it had four GOTY nominees? Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Smash and Shovel Knight. Yeah what a shit year :indeed:

Project robot really shouldn't be added, it won't be a game

release-620x400.jpg

So what should we "trust you" on? That Pokken will eventually release on the Wii U? Do you hear about anything other than pokemon stuff?

Well I can't say things in public obviously. Just have faith :)

Well I can't say things in public obviously. Just have faith :)

My point, anyone can say that of course there'll be 'some' announcement of something somewhere down the line :)

PM me!

@Ronnie I bet Project Guard isn't a full game

Dude you sound like an ass right now.

My point, anyone can say that of course there'll be 'some' announcement of something somewhere down the line :)

PM me!

@Ronnie I bet Project Guard isn't a full game

Project Guard and the other one won't and shouldn't be full games. At best, they'll be used as a template for something else. God knows what.

I remember the initial reveal of both of these...things and feeling so disappointed that this was the best that Miyamoto could come up with.

I'm worried about Starfox, although mainly for its legacy. It's probably got just as many mediocre/average/bad games in its series as it does excellent. How long can we realistically call it a respected Nintendo series when, imo, the last great one was on the N64?

Dude you sound like an ass right now.

Intentional as I have proven countless times that I am privy to information before people, and it frustrates me to no end that people still question it.

Intentional as I have proven countless times that I am privy to information before people, and it frustrates me to no end that people still question it.

You're basically throwing them a bone though by stating that you have information, but obviously can't divulge it because it would be wrong to. Of course they're going to question it, human beings are entitled and are built to do so. If you know that you can't give full-on information, then why mention it at all?