NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

Is there a direct this week or just people thinking its about time?

Well, that'd be telling ;)

Is there a direct this week or just people thinking its about time?

A host of people have been saying one is coming for the past week or so. Now everyone is hinting or claiming to be some kind of insider. Cute, really.

A host of people have been saying one is coming for the past week or so. Now everyone is hinting or claiming to be some kind of insider. Cute, really.

I have precedent, though :p

I have heard rumblings of this week, but I also heard some for next week.

I have heard rumblings of this week, but I also heard some for next week.

Nothing like hedging your bets. :heh:

Nothing like hedging your bets. :heh:

Ssh :p

It's from reliable sources though

Famitsu DS+Wii teases big announcement (UPDATE)

UPDATE - Here's what the official blurb says...

What is this Super Big Game Premonition?

In next month’s issue, we might be able to reveal ultra top secret information about a big title.

Next to Mario, who else can give 3DS and Wii U a boost?

Dropping even a single hint feels too scary, so I’ll refrain from doing that and just say to please look forward to the next issue!

Original Story: Famitsu DS+Wii is giving reason for Nintendo fans to get excited for its next issue. The current issue ends with a tease of something big for Nintendo fans in the next issue. There's all sorts of speculation flying around as to what the announcement could be, but there's nothing concrete at the moment. We'll just have to wait out the next magazine to see what the reveal is!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/249627-famitsu-ds-wii-teases-big-announcement-update

Sorry if it's already been posted. Guesses? Pokemon?

Next to Mario, who else can give 3DS and Wii U a boost?

My first thought was Zelda. Sounds like they're going to have a lot of info to share about Zelda U.

Dragon Quest is what's being speculated the most. Maybe a MH4U port for Wii U but if it's for both platforms, probably not.

"Next to Mario, who else can give 3DS and Wii U a boost? ....DRAGON QUEST!!"

Doesn't sound right to me.

Then it's Yo-kai Watch 3, but CoroCoro has technically already revealed that

In Japan, you couldn't hope for anything better than DQ.

I'd be disappointed if DQ was going to Wii U (they have already confirmed it's going to home console), although it could be a case of "Wii U there, PS4 here" (which is what happened with Ni no Kuni and DS/PS3).

Some possibilities:

1) Zelda game using the Link Between Worlds engine

2) Metroid (more of a gamer's thing)

Perhaps, but there's no better RPG series.

As things stand, after Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X my WiiU will become a huge paperweight.

If it wasn't for the Sega Saturn it'd quite easily be the worst gaming console I've owned by a good stretch!

As things stand, after Zelda and Xenoblade Chronicles X my WiiU will become a huge paperweight.

If it wasn't for the Sega Saturn it'd quite easily be the worst gaming console I've owned by a good stretch!

But Zelda doesn't have voice chat, why will you bother getting it? "Being a gamer is about chatting to your mates" after all. Apparently.

But Zelda doesn't have voice chat, why will you bother getting it? "Being a gamer is about chatting to your mates" after all. Apparently.

Oh come on you know exactly why people would want voice chat for a multiplayer game and not a single player game.

Hahahahahahahahaha

You're so lame! Each time you make a statement which is such a twattish response to voice chat I'll post this in hope you'll finally understand what I'm talking about...

...What gets me most is that Nintendo seem to be a games company that puts fun first and foremost as the main thing in their games.

When it comes to multiplayer, local multiplayer is always best because of the laughs to be had between yourselves as you game. Nintendo seem to know this as their adverts (when they existed - Wii) always showcased this.

However, local isn't always something people can play as regularly as they'd like, if at all in some cases, and so online playes a big part here in catering to multiplayer gaming at practically any time.

The thing is, what makes local gaming so much fun; the social element, is then missing when online if there's no voice-chat. All of a sudden part of the fun is taken out of the game.

Sure, I get that a huge part of the fun is the game itself, but a game is only more fun when you can enjoy it together with your friends, talking, laughing and giving each other grief as you play. Nintendo does actually understand this, as seen in their adverts with local gaming on show, so then why do they exclude this part of the fun from their online experiences? It's beyond me.

Multiplayer centric games like MK8, Smash and Splatoon would be all the better for voice chat. Unfortunately I'm finding both MK8 and Smash a little lacklustre and soulless because I can't share the laughs I have on them. It's disheartening...

Edited by Kav

Says the man who prioritises voice chat over actual gameplay?

Wait a second. I think I understand. You mustn't have any friends!

That's it! That's the only explanation, it's why you can't comprehend. You've no friends to share the fun with and don't see that it makes it all the much better.

Oh god, now I just pity you!

@Ronnie I really don't see how you can offer any great opinion on voice chat, have you used it? and if you have, across multiple games to form an understanding of how it can work?

I'm not an online gamer and haven't used it, so I can't really contribute to the discussion or the need for/necessity of voice chat.

@Ronnie I really don't see how you can offer any great opinion on voice chat, have you used it? and if you have, across multiple games to form an understanding of how it can work?

I'm not an online gamer and haven't used it, so I can't really contribute to the discussion or the need for/necessity of voice chat.

I'm not offering an opinion on the voice chat experience itself, just people's obsession with it. When they talk about MK8 and Smash cheating them out of their money because of no voice chat, it just gets a little sad and ridiculous. That's what I find mind-boggling. This constant, never-ending fixation with it.

I'd say you're just as obsessed with people's obsession about voice chat as those allegedly obsessed with voice chat.

What are Nintendo going to do next generation regarding voice chat? They can't continue to keep their head buried in the sand, surely. It may not be a deciding factor but I'm sure Nintendo's stance on voice chat plays some role in peoples purchasing decisions.