NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

They could update the WiiU to include it i believe. The XBO did, didn't it?

Man, I'd play on my WiiU a HELL of a lot more if they did!

So in theory Nintendo could just whack it out there in the open?!

I would imagine so.

They could update the WiiU to include it i believe. The XBO did, didn't it?

Man, I'd play on my WiiU a HELL of a lot more if they did!

The XBO still had party chat at the start but it was setup in some weird way that made it a pain in the backside to get working. It got patched pretty quickly to be just like it was on the 360 after the community kicked off about it.

after the community kicked off about it.

If only Nintendo could just patch it in especially when the majority want it in.

If only Nintendo could just patch it in especially when the majority want it in.

If they wanted to do it then I think they would have had it done by now. The console has been on the market for two years and no talk about such a feature has been hinted at.

I've said before, it's not a question can they do it, but rather do they want to do it?

I've said before, it's not a question can they do it, but rather do they want to do it?

Can't think of any reason why they wouldn't want to do it, though...

Can't think of any reason why they wouldn't want to do it, though...

lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

Nintendo have never really embraced the modern day online set up. It just doesn't seem to interest them. They are more about the local multiplayer aspect of gaming.

Nintendo have never really embraced the modern day online set up. It just doesn't seem to interest them. They are more about the local multiplayer aspect of gaming.

Yeah I know. But there's still no reason why they can't embrace both.

But we've been here before and I don't want this to end in a discussion about how to use facts correctly.

But we've been here before and I don't want this to end in a discussion about how to use facts correctly.

At least for opinions you just need to reverse engineer a signature to appear at the start of every one of your posts, simply stating "I think". Then you'll be covered.

At least for opinions you just need to reverse engineer a signature to appear at the start of every one of your posts, simply stating "I think". Then you'll be covered.

giphy.gif

I think Nintendo should patch in Party Chat because the community wants it and there's no reason not to implement it.

Like this?

No seriously, I can't come up with any reason why Party Chat is a bad idea. Being family friendly just isn't a good reason. I think.

:p

If anything it gives me the perfect oppurtunity to call my family cunts just like I would in real life gaming!

lovejoy-think-of-the-children-16nov131.jpg

That's the reason right there in a nutshell. Look at most of their ads, it's famillies, kids and young teenagers.

Only this week they announced that they're launching a Nintendo Kids Club.

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/nintendokidsclub/en_GB/

They most likely don't want something that will damage their wholesome, family friendly brand image.

I've said it before but what's the point of parental controls if we can't use them for something like this?

That's the reason right there in a nutshell. Look at most of their ads, it's famillies, kids and young teenagers.

Only this week they announced that they're launching a Nintendo Kids Club.

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/nintendokidsclub/en_GB/

They most likely don't want something that will damage their wholesome, family friendly brand image.

I've said it before but what's the point of parental controls if we can't use them for something like this?

People don't use parental controls and kids are far more likely to know how to circumvent them than parents are to know how to set them.

@Serebii you're such an excuse machine, it's great! :heh:

It is true though. Even with parental controls, blocks etc. being available, we still get the media harping on about kids getting where they shouldn't be online, or racking up huge bills etc.

I was berated by PS4 ads during the Ireland v Scotland game. PS4 console ads and the upcoming GTA5. Like I said yesterday, you don't see Nintendo partnering like that with 3rd parties. You don't see Nintendo full stop. Maybe I should have switched on Nick Jr. Nope, they're not anywhere.

91sn32Q.jpg

I was berated by PS4 ads during the Ireland v Scotland game. PS4 console ads and the upcoming GTA5. Like I said yesterday, you don't see Nintendo partnering like that with 3rd parties. You don't see Nintendo full stop. Maybe I should have switched on Nick Jr. Nope, they're not anywhere.

91sn32Q.jpg

I don't think you know what berated means...

It is true though. Even with parental controls, blocks etc. being available, we still get the media harping on about kids getting where they shouldn't be online, or racking up huge bills etc.

So?

Even with knives being sold to only over 18s, people still misuse them and use them to kill others. Should companies also stop making knives? Or, better yet, should you stop making poor excuses for their bad decisions?

So?

Even with knives being sold to only over 18s, people still misuse them and use them to kill others. Should companies also stop making knives? Or, better yet, should you stop making poor excuses for their bad decisions?

No?

When did I say anything of the sort?

I don't think you know what berated means...

I most certainly know what berated means and I've had enough of you. I've asked countless times that something be done about @\-Dem0\- @Ike @Retro_Link

@Sheikah's analogy was pretty spot on (his last quetion in his post was unnecessary, but that's none of my concern), but let's use a recent example.

Even with parental controls, blocks, PEGI ratings kids will still play Bayonetta even if they shouldn't.

Also...nobody cares for the media in that regard (i.e. video games/parental controls). It's just paranoid parents who eat up articles about this kind of stuff.

It just isn't a good reason to not include Party Chat/voice chat. People want it, even if it's just to see that Nintendo is capable of moving with (past) times. This is actually why I want to see Party Chat on a Nintendo console: To be sure that Nintendo isn't ignorant of current trends in gaming/social gaming.

Edited by drahkon

The solution to online is simple, two types of accounts; a locked down, super safe child account and an adult-only account, verified as strictly as Nintendo see fit.

The child-friendly argument just don't wash, its a convenient excuse for not embracing online more.

I most certainly know what berated means

You went on to use berated correctly in that post, so clearly you do know what berated means.

However.... I'm struggling to see how an advert on TV could be berating you, could you explain? And this is a genuine question.

Also, surely that's a positive thing that Nintendo don't berate viewers in their own advertising, right?

You went on to use berated correctly in that post, so clearly you do know what berated means.

However.... I'm struggling to see how an advert on TV could be berating you, could you explain? And this is a genuine question.

Also, surely that's a positive thing that Nintendo don't berate viewers in their own advertising, right?

I meant bombarded. Like I said I was watching the Ireland game and as you do during football matches I'd been drinking so I had a little brain fart. : peace: