NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

No?

When did I say anything of the sort?

Did you really think I was accusing you of saying that? You couldn't follow the analogy to see how the excuse you're providing for Nintendo is duff?

I caved and finally bought a Wii U this morning.

Good man! You're in for a treat.

What game or games did you get with it?

Good to see you around!

Good man! You're in for a treat.

What game or games did you get with it?

I got the Black Wii U with Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World. I play on getting Rayman and Smash Bros from Amazon later this week.

Good to see you around!

I lurk. I'm guessing I'll be around more.

Fair play to you. :awesome:

Where's the receipt, where's the receipt?! IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO TAKE IT BAAAAAAAAAAACK

Jk. Welcome to the crew, there's some cracking stuff on there, both retail and eShop/downloadables. Online's a bit lacking in places as teh thread's recently covered - what inspired you to get one out of interest?

I got the Black Wii U with Nintendoland and Super Mario 3D World. I play on getting Rayman and Smash Bros from Amazon later this week.

If you are planning on buying any eshop titles, full retail or otherwise, if it will work out at £50 or more, I recommend you get those purchase made this side of December 31st, get yourself a premium network premium voucher or two...

Happy Birthday Mr. Miyamoto who is 62 years young today!

attach

Oh dear God! I've taken a leaf out of the book of @Ike with the size of that image. :D May he bring us many more years of happy gaming memories.

Where's the receipt, where's the receipt?! IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO TAKE IT BAAAAAAAAAAACK

Jk. Welcome to the crew, there's some cracking stuff on there, both retail and eShop/downloadables. Online's a bit lacking in places as teh thread's recently covered - what inspired you to get one out of interest?

I've been meaning to get one for over a year. With the upcoming release of Smash, now seems like the best time to get one.

Also, I got a bonus check from work.

No idea where to put this so i'll just plonk it here.

Iwata announces that Nintendo now officially gives it's permission for anyone to use their properties for derivative works, even showcasing videos of famous Let's Plays, music covers, fanarts.

Iwata also announced a "Creative Endorsement Program" where Nintendo will reward money to creators with well-received work. This program is only applicable to Nicovideo.jp, which is under Dwango.

Very good move. Didn't Iwata mention this a while back in an investor meeting or something or am I just making that up?

I've been meaning to get one for over a year. With the upcoming release of Smash, now seems like the best time to get one.

Also, I got a bonus check from work.

Wondered if it was Smash related. I think Smash has already been a bigger system seller then realised(I bought my Wii U mostly knowing I'd get Smash eventually) - I'm wondering with it how much we'll actually see a jump in WiiU hardware with its release now though(as I've said in the General Sales thread). Are there actually any Wii U owners here not planning to buy Smash 4 Wii U? Or anyone not owning a WiiU planning to get one for it?

Wondered if it was Smash related. I think Smash has already been a bigger system seller then realised(I bought my Wii U mostly knowing I'd get Smash eventually) - I'm wondering with it how much we'll actually see a jump in WiiU hardware with its release now though(as I've said in the General Sales thread). Are there actually any Wii U owners here not planning to buy Smash 4 Wii U? Or anyone not owning a WiiU planning to get one for it?

The voice chat situation had put me off, it's no longer a day one purchase. If the online experience is smooth then I'll get it. If it's even half as bad as Brawl was I'll not bother.

The voice chat situation had put me off, it's no longer a day one purchase. If the online experience is smooth then I'll get it. If it's even half as bad as Brawl was I'll not bother.

I expect it to be infinitely better than Brawl was. Brawl released before MK Wii and I'd say they learned lessons from that. Also, look at MK 8, it's fairly good. I know sometimes there's lag but on the whole it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience. And they can patch now which they couldn't do last time round.

I know, but it's Nintendo and online so I'm not trusting, I'll wait to hear what it's like.

[TWEET]534332771993681921[/TWEET]

They clearly didn't have the balls to follow through with it. ;)

So, I'm actually developing a Wii U backlog at the moment. That's new for me.

Due to coverage of ORAS (and the preparation I have been doing the past week), I haven't been able to play the games. Still got Bayonetta 2 to finish, Hyrule Warriors DLC to finish and now, I have ORAS coming, got Smash next week, Hyrule Warriors DLC next week, Lego Batman 3, barely touched Mario Kart 8 DLC and a load of VC games.

Part of me is glad Captain Toad was delayed.

So, I'm actually developing a Wii U backlog at the moment. That's new for me.

Due to coverage of ORAS (and the preparation I have been doing the past week), I haven't been able to play the games. Still got Bayonetta 2 to finish, Hyrule Warriors DLC to finish and now, I have ORAS coming, got Smash next week, Hyrule Warriors DLC next week, Lego Batman 3, barely touched Mario Kart 8 DLC and a load of VC games.

Part of me is glad Captain Toad was delayed.

I'm the same, although mine is more to do with VC games rather than retail. Think i've got around 8 GBA games, 1 SNES, 1 NES and Shovel Knight to crack on with. :D

It's a good problem to have. :)

I have more games then I will ever play, but I still don't wish it was delayed as I'd rather play that than anything else :)

I just wish I didn't buy Destiny and Alien... Especially as I can get them both much cheaper now. Dammit!

I've just moved house and un[=packed all my stuff, the amount of games I have on wii, ds, ps3, ads, ps4 and wii u is ridiculous. So many amazing games I just don't know if I;ll ever play them... some classics too!

Taking a couple of weeks off at christmas and hoping to trim trim trim that backlog!

This is very, very, very remote but you never know. I'm probably clutching at straws here. It is Team Ninja and it was first shown back in 2005 and originally intended for PS3. The game I'm talking about is Ni-oh. Maybe Nintendo have rescued it like they did with Bayonetta 2 and Devils Third. The article is filed under PS3 but something tells me it might come to the Wii U.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/17/ni-oh-starting-come-together-says-team-ninja/

Taking a couple of weeks off at christmas and hoping to trim trim trim that backlog!

I've got a couple of days off at the end of next week for Smash and Pokemon, 2 weeks off over Christmas and still have 6 days left to use before the end of the year. I'm hoping to put a serious dint in the VC backlog during this time.

Wii U is 2 years old today!

We ain't American. :heh: