NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

NES remix is so so good. Can you not remember Zelda 4 swords? Pacman vs? Mario paint? The 64dd and talent maker? Even wario ware? Mario party?

I don't get your point. None of those were as lazy as NES Remix. Don't know about Pac-man vs., maybe Warioware alright.

I think also a problem I have with NES Remix is the graphics. They alright back in the day but now they look absolutely fugly. They haven't aged well like the N64. SNES graphics are perfectly fine. If there was a SNES Remix, maybe but it's still lazy. It's a cheap cash grab.

I don't get your point. None of those were as lazy as NES Remix. Don't know about Pac-man vs., maybe Warioware alright.

I think also a problem I have with NES Remix is the graphics. They alright back in the day but now they look absolutely fugly. They haven't aged well like the N64. SNES graphics are perfectly fine. If there was a SNES Remix, maybe but it's still lazy. It's a cheap cash grab.

So we should totally ignore NES games because the graphics are "bad"? NES Remix is a great nostalgia trip, mixed up to be great fun.

Graphics are irrelevant.

It doesn't have to be I guess. If people like them, so be it. They're not for me. Nintendo have changed, I don't remember any of that mickey mouse crap back on the Gamecube. It all started with Wii Sports. I've explained it before but in summary Wii Sports was an experiment and the money rolled in. Little effort, tonnes of cash and they kept going with titles like Wii Play right up to Nintendo Land and NES remix. It's a great business model, greatest return for the tiniest of effort. But as a gamer I think they stink and I'm not buying them anymore. I have games like Wii Sports/Resort and Nintendo Land but that's only because they came with the consoles and motionplus.

Yeah, it's not like the Gamecube had stuff like Mario Party, among other things akin to it.

Also Magical_Mirror.jpg

256px-Nintendo_Puzzle_Collection_Boxart.jpg

Donkey_Konga_Coverart.jpg

250px-Megapartygames.jpg

426px-DDR_Mario_Mix.jpg

Shall I go on?

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

So we should totally ignore NES games because the graphics are "bad"? NES Remix is a great nostalgia trip, mixed up to be great fun.

Graphics are irrelevant.

I said they're not for me. Maybe for you graphics are irrelevant and for the most part they are for me too. But as I said NES and N64 are ugly. I don't think I could go back and play some of the 3D games on N64.

Yeah, it's not like the Gamecube had stuff like Mario Party, among other things akin to it.

Also Magical_Mirror.jpg

250px-Megapartygames.jpg

426px-DDR_Mario_Mix.jpg

Shall I go on?

No thanks. Again what's your point? Are any of these games lazy cash grabs like NES Remix?

No thanks. Again what's your point? Are any of these games lazy cash grabs like NES Remix?

Wii, we get it. You think NES Remix is lazy, leave it at that.

I don't even care if NES Remix II is 'lazy' at least it's a 'new' game to play and it's actually fun/challenging/nostalgic and brilliant in its own small way. :heh:

Expect a full review soon. : peace:

Wii, we get it. You think NES Remix is lazy, leave it at that.

Happily. I was just responding to others questioning me.

So we all agree that topic is over and people have different views? Good.

Graphics are irrelevant.

Also

250px-Megapartygames.jpg

426px-DDR_Mario_Mix.jpg

Shall I go on?

Man the Gamecube was such a great party game console! (so was the Wii and the N64 for that matter :) )

We need MORE games like these, not less!

Wario Ware on the Gamecube was absolutely amazing...my favourite party game after Smash :)

Wario Ware on the Gamecube was absolutely amazing...my favourite party game after Smash :)

The thing is, it could absolutely be classed as lazy. That's why I used it to counter the statement. It was an enhanced port of the GBA game with some added on multiplayer released just mere months after the GBA game. Was still amazing.

I'm really excited about E3. The lack of the bi-monthly Nintendo Direct this month (as evidenced by the announcement of Mario Kart stuff, Smash Direct, Tomodachi Direct etc.) seems to me that they are holding off their game announcements, which usually bookend these Directs, for E3.

I also recently did a check of Nintendo's studios and their projects and found that so many have been incredibly quiet for over a year, and these are studios that are fully capable of doing more than one project at once, too.

I truly believe we'll have big first party stuff coming, not to mention third party stuff in the manner of Sonic Lost World, Hyrule Warriors etc.

People throw digs at my site????

Yeah we should have a proper Nintendo Direct this month is this a good thing or bad that we haven't had one yet

Yeah we should have a proper Nintendo Direct this month is this a good thing or bad that we haven't had one yet

Well we've had a load of info and trailers revealed this month for things that would have been in a Direct.

I want this for Wii U or 3DS

colosseum_xd_3037.jpg

We have an actually good equivalent on the 3DS...

The thing is, it could absolutely be classed as lazy. That's why I used it to counter the statement. It was an enhanced port of the GBA game with some added on multiplayer released just mere months after the GBA game. Was still amazing.

True, but the added multiplayer (THE TURTLE GAME OMG) and the budget price release (I saw it for £15 at launch!) made it a great bargain. So much content.

I remember house parties with @Zell and his brothers where we'd play that turtle game for hours :')

Dat tortoise balancing! As Flink would say; hhhnnnnnnnnnggggg!!!

Dat tortoise balancing! As Flink would say; hhhnnnnnnnnnggggg!!!

That minigame where you're trying to dodge the snot :')

Oh man, that multiplayer in WarioWare was insane fun. I have fond memories of the turtle game. And some of the 4-player minigames they threw in were really fun, I loved running away from the creepy rabbit.

But yeah, despite being 'lazy' I still had loads of fun out of it, and as many have said, it was released as a budget game... just like NES Remix. So what if NES Remix is lazy, people like it, it can't really be that much of a burden on Nintendo's staff, it's not like it's a replacement for the next HD Metroid, and it gives us another game to play in this everlasting Wii U drought.

They need more games like this. HD remakes, remixes, stuff that is great fun to play but easy to develop, so we have something to play before the big hitters.

Heck, Pilotwings on 3DS was 'lazy' but still one of my favourite games on the system. Give me more filthy cheap shit.

Oh man, that multiplayer in WarioWare was insane fun. I have fond memories of the turtle game. And some of the 4-player minigames they threw in were really fun, I loved running away from the creepy rabbit.

But yeah, despite being 'lazy' I still had loads of fun out of it, and as many have said, it was released as a budget game... just like NES Remix. So what if NES Remix is lazy, people like it, it can't really be that much of a burden on Nintendo's staff, it's not like it's a replacement for the next HD Metroid, and it gives us another game to play in this everlasting Wii U drought.

They need more games like this. HD remakes, remixes, stuff that is great fun to play but easy to develop, so we have something to play before the big hitters.

Heck, Pilotwings on 3DS was 'lazy' but still one of my favourite games on the system. Give me more filthy cheap shit.

Exactly. Not every game has to be a big huge gamechanger. This is what has happened to the industry. Everything has shifted to expect these massive changes constantly and less focus is allowed on a game just being fun for the sake of fun

Plus, NES Remix 1 & 2 are developed by indiezero, not Nintendo (though it is supervised by EAD), so it takes no resources.

Exactly. Not every game has to be a big huge gamechanger. This is what has happened to the industry. Everything has shifted to expect these massive changes constantly and less focus is allowed on a game just being fun for the sake of fun

Plus, NES Remix 1 & 2 are developed by indiezero, not Nintendo (though it is supervised by EAD), so it takes no resources.

I think there are MORE than enough games by Nintendo and on the indie scene which are 'fun for funs sake'.

I think there are MORE than enough games by Nintendo and on the indie scene which are 'fun for funs sake'.

The thing is, people keep implying it's one or the other, when it's not.

It needs to be both, hence Nintendo's problem in interesting the large majority of western audiences.

NES Remix II takes the spirit of Nintendo, combines it with Wario Ware and provides a fun and challenging experience which fills a small part of the huge gap in the release schedule for a reasonable price plus it even includes a Championship mode which not only harks back to the golden age of competitive Nintendo gaming but it also uses all of the content from the previous game.

I don't see what's not to like about it? : peace: