NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

NES Remix II takes the spirit of Nintendo, combines it with Wario Ware and provides a fun and challenging experience which fills a small part of the huge gap in the release schedule for a reasonable price plus it even includes a Championship mode which not only harks back to the golden age of competitive Nintendo gaming but it also uses all of the content from the previous game.

I don't see what's not to like about it? : peace:

Is there a decent multiplayer option in the NES Remix games? I'm tempted to get it to play with my girlfriend if I can't track a version of Wario Ware (GC).

Is there a decent multiplayer option in the NES Remix games? I'm tempted to get it to play with my girlfriend if I can't track a version of Wario Ware (GC).

I was under the impression that in the first game you can merely 'take turns' but NES Remix II seems to have support for two controllers though this is only alluded to through a small message on the retry screen, I searched the manual for details and not much seems to be there but I will try it out. :)

I was under the impression that in the first game you can merely 'take turns' but NES Remix II seems to have support for two controllers though this is only alluded to through a small message on the retry screen, I searched the manual for details and not much seems to be there but I will try it out. :)

Interesting...Thanks :)

Just seen over at GAF that a big American retailer (Sears) is clearing out Wii U stock, selling the NintendoLand bundle for $99. This is interesting as it means Sears are making a huge loss on each one they sell; they clearly just need the space.

They totes need to price drop this bad boy over in the U.K to £199 with a game or so before Mario Kart man. Sell it to retailers for £150 or so which isn't much less than what it currently is being sold to them at and then make up the money with software...copious amounts of software.

Interesting...Thanks :)

Just seen over at GAF that a big American retailer (Sears) is clearing out Wii U stock, selling the NintendoLand bundle for $99. This is interesting as it means Sears are making a huge loss on each one they sell; they clearly just need the space.

They totes need to price drop this bad boy over in the U.K to £199 with a game or so before Mario Kart man. Sell it to retailers for £150 or so which isn't much less than what it currently is being sold to them at and then make up the money with software...copious amounts of software.

Nintendo don't push out that bundle anymore anyway, so it could just be clearance.

Get rid of it in preparation for the Mario Kart bundle!

Anyone seen this thread on gaf about DS emulator that renders the DS games at a higher resolution. Some of the difference are huge.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798812

Sooo think we could see something similar for DS games running on the Wii U?

If M2 does it like they did the GBA, then I wouldn't be surprised at it being an option

Anyone seen this thread on gaf about DS emulator that renders the DS games at a higher resolution. Some of the difference are huge.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798812

Sooo think we could see something similar for DS games running on the Wii U?

As I mentioned in the Wii U VC thread, considering that Nintendo DO do this for N64 games, I reckon that it'll probably happen :)

Hmm... I get a feeling that we're not gonna get a "major" Nintendo Direct this month after all... (They do a general "major" one every 2 months)

Unless they're gonna pull a surprise one next week, I reckon that they might just wait it out until about a week or so before Mario Kart 8 launches (and will probably unveil a couple of release dates for upcoming games at the same time; or else we won't have a single upcoming game for Wii U that has a release date after Kart...)

Some kore good news and another sign Nintendo are changing and opening up.

Rip stone who do pure chess said Nintendo were great at allowing them to have pier chess cross play, so they can play Wii u vs 3ds vs iPhone vs ad droid etc. and said they wished ms and Sony allowed it but they don't. Yet.

Still think indies could be the 3rd party saviour for Wii u.

Some kore good news and another sign Nintendo are changing and opening up.

Rip stone who do pure chess said Nintendo were great at allowing them to have pier chess cross play, so they can play Wii u vs 3ds vs iPhone vs ad droid etc. and said they wished ms and Sony allowed it but they don't. Yet.

Still think indies could be the 3rd party saviour for Wii u.

It's nice but people dont buy consoles for indie games.

Hmm... I get a feeling that we're not gonna get a "major" Nintendo Direct this month after all... (They do a general "major" one every 2 months)

Unless they're gonna pull a surprise one next week, I reckon that they might just wait it out until about a week or so before Mario Kart 8 launches (and will probably unveil a couple of release dates for upcoming games at the same time; or else we won't have a single upcoming game for Wii U that has a release date after Kart...)

There has never been a bi-monthly Direct without some sort of big first party announcement.

I have had the feeling recently that they really are holding back on us for a huge E3 reveal and this furthers it.

This month, though, we've had a load of content that would have fit perfectly into a Direct:

-Mario Kart details & trailer. Yeah this came with hands-on previews, but trailer could have held off

-Smash Direct. Could have existed separate with Greninja/Charizard in the Direct

-Tomodachi Life localisation

-Mario Golf DLC details

-Inazuma Eleven 3DS localisations

And various other small bits.

There may be a Direct next month, but it won't be a big worldwide one. Things are being saved for E3...I can taste it.

I think we got the Smash Direct "instead of" a normal Direct. Tomodachi Life got it's own Direct and we've just been getting basic press releases for everything else (like the Inazuma Eleven release date).

We might get a smaller Direct (or MK8 as you say) but at this point I'm assuming they are holding back until E3.

Edit: Got Greninja'd...

I've just got this horrible feeling that Nintendo have lost touch a little too much and E3 will be full of more games ala the "Wii" series to try and draw in those that bought the Wii in droves... which just won't happen again.

It's nice but people dont buy consoles for indie games.

Positive post gets shat on shocker!

I've just got this horrible feeling that Nintendo have lost touch a little too much and E3 will be full of more games ala the "Wii" series to try and draw in those that bought the Wii in droves... which just won't happen again.

Surely not? All they need to do is look at Wii fit, sport and party sales to see they ain't there. Iwata said this'll be the year for gamers, and I believe them! Metroid and pilotwings announced for this year and Zelda looking awesome for next year! It's happening :)

Yeah, I agree they will probably hold stuff back for E3 at this point. I'm just hoping there is plenty to show us and not a 10-15 min presentation on how Watchdogs is the best version in Wii U.

Positive post gets shat on shocker!)

Dude speaks the truth though. If it truely was the case then Vita would be doing a hell of a lot better!

I think we got the Smash Direct "instead of" a normal Direct. Tomodachi Life got it's own Direct and we've just been getting basic press releases for everything else (like the Inazuma Eleven release date).

We might get a smaller Direct (or MK8 as you say) but at this point I'm assuming they are holding back until E3.

Edit: Got Greninja'd...

Well they have had game specific Directs and "Major" ones in the same month before... But yeah... If they were gonna have one this month, then they would've ensured that all of yesterday's announcements across Wii U and 3DS were saved till next week...

They have only ever missed their bi-monthly schedule once before (IIRC, it was back in January 2013 and Iwata apologised that the Direct was a month late - I remember I was surprised because I thought that the December 2012 one counted as a proper Direct: That's also where we found out about the bi-monthly schedule originally too if I remember right!)

As for the next one, I don't think that they're gonna wait till E3 because it would leave absolutely nothing dated after the release of MK8 (a potentially bad looking drought that would put off potential buyers looking to get a Wii U for MK8). So I reckon that they'll do one in mid-late May and call it a "Pre-E3" Nintendo Direct and talk about nothing but the June-September titles.

Edited by Dcubed

After Mario Kart there's only like 2 weeks before E3 starts though. May as well keep everything until then.

Yeah, I agree they will probably hold stuff back for E3 at this point. I'm just hoping there is plenty to show us and not a 10-15 min presentation on how Watchdogs is the best version in Wii U.

Dude speaks the truth though. If it truely was the case then Vita would be doing a hell of a lot better!

Maybe, but it's just annoying it's still the first port of call. Anyway, my main point was that it shows Nintendo are slowly changing their attitude in certain ways, not so closed and open to new ideas - this combined with their pricing experiments, new social features in dkc, NES remix 2 etc it all adds up to them opening up which is what we want.

Also. Who's to say the next minecraft isn't around the corner? Nintendo being open and accommodating to indie and their demands can only be a positive thing.

Although we're still in need of a Mario Kart direct.

Yeah, I expect a specific one to drop before release. We still know squat about how the online modes work.

Yeah, I expect a specific one to drop before release. We still know squat about how the online modes work.

We don't really know much about the features of game at all. The singleplayer modes (obviously GP is there), local multiplayer modes (teams, options, battle, other stuff) or online.

We know a lot about gameplay, tracks, characters and items, but not the actual structure of the game.

They have only ever missed their bi-monthly schedule once before

The Smash Direct happened right when a regular Direct was scheduled and then the next one would have landed perfectly in time for E3 which is also a reason I think we won't get one, at least not a big one.

We're about 1 month away from MK8's release, around now would be a good time for a Direct, but we did have that media blow out a couple of weeks ago...

I think the problem last year was the announced everything before E3 and people complained there wasn't enough new things at E3 so I think Nintendo are more tempted to hold back this year. It definitely feels like they are holding something back to me.

I get you about announcing dates though, E3 would be cutting things a bit fine for June/July releases.

Nintendo still haven't said if they are doing a Direct or a more traditional conference this year yet, have they?

The Smash Direct happened right when a regular Direct was scheduled and then the next one would have landed perfectly in time for E3 which is also a reason I think we won't get one, at least not a big one.

We're about 1 month away from MK8's release, around now would be a good time for a Direct, but we did have that media blow out a couple of weeks ago...

I think the problem last year was the announced everything before E3 and people complained there wasn't enough new things at E3 so I think Nintendo are more tempted to hold back this year. It definitely feels like they are holding something back to me.

I get you about announcing dates though, E3 would be cutting things a bit fine for June/July releases.

Nintendo still haven't said if they are doing a Direct or a more traditional conference this year yet, have they?

Not yet. Don't see why they can't do both.

An kart direct 2 weeks before it launches detailing modes, online, mario kart tv and the new golf-style DLC, Demo available "after this direct". Leave everything else until e3...

I'm surprised they announced fatal frame. Why not wait til e3? Just blitz it and announce loads of games and exclusives!

An kart direct 2 weeks before it launches detailing modes, online, mario kart tv and the new golf-style DLC, Demo available "after this direct". Leave everything else until e3...

I'm surprised they announced fatal frame. Why not wait til e3? Just blitz it and announce loads of games and exclusives!

There is a rumor that there will be a Mario Kart 8 demo