NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U General Discussion

I'm a christmas wreck, I barely remember even posting it! As for charging the pro pad - why not just use something else with USB? If I've got my laptop close to my wii u and the pad's dying I usually just use that or if it's off. USB chargers are the fuuuuturrrreeeeeeee!

I didn't even think of that!

Just ordered the MK8 Premium console off Amazon. I guess I'm joining the Wii U club.

Just ordered the MK8 Premium console off Amazon. I guess I'm joining the Wii U club.

Have fun! Now get smash, Zelda, Pikmin, bayonetta, toad, hyrule warriors, and browse all the VC and eshop games!

There's some crazy bargains in the eShop right now. UBisoft have a great sale, zombi U at 7.99 is a must buy!

Also get Monster Hunter!

I concur, such a fantastic game!

And 3D World, and Donkey Kong, and Wonderful 101 and Mario U and Luigi U

Don't bother with Captain Toad or any of the Mario games. Definitely get Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101, Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2.

Edited by Wii

Don't bother with Captain Toad or any of the Mario games. Definitely get Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101, Smash Bros. and Bayonetta 2.

How can you say that when you've not played toad? Yet everyone who actually has loves it?

You played through 3D world?

Haha I'd forgotten about that 8. Quality moment. This on the other hand....

Don't bother with Captain Toad or any of the Mario games.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

In fairness a lot of people that got irate hadn't played it so...

Whilst unlike Wii I wouldn't categorically tell someone not to bother with the Mario games on Wii U, I do think they all look like acquired tastes.

The visual style of NSMB is enough to put me off tbh, but then I've never been a fan of 2D Mario anyway.

And with 3D World it depends if you want such level design from your console Mario, or if the larger worlds of 64 - Galaxy 2 are more you thing. I think I'd buy it though, and 2-4 player does appeal to me.

Captain Toad I think looks great.

Edited by Retro_Link

I've ordered NintendoLand off shopto purely because it was under a fiver. No interest in the Mario or Toad games, I'll pick up Smash and then wait for Zelda/Starfox I think.

I've ordered NintendoLand off shopto purely because it was under a fiver. No interest in the Mario or Toad games, I'll pick up Smash and then wait for Zelda/Starfox I think.

Have you played the original Xenoblade for Wii?

Have you played the original Xenoblade for Wii?

Yeah, didn't really get too far into it if I'm honest. But by then I'd really gone off the Wii. New one looks alright.

You should pop your Xenoblade disc in your Wii U and give it another chance. Great game you've got there without having to spend another penny.

Yeah, didn't really get too far into it if I'm honest. But by then I'd really gone off the Wii. New one looks alright.

You need to play this game and finish it. It's arguably the best game on the Wii. Not just that but one of the greatest games ever. You know what? I need to finish this game. I got right to the end then stopped because I didn't want the masterpiece to end.

Can not believe my luck. Tesco just reduced it down to £209. That's £26 cheaper than I paid on Amazon only a few hours ago.

I might cry.

Cancel your Amazon order?

Nope. Already dispatched. In my excitement I opted for the Prime trial to get it tomorrow.

Played by the internet.

Order from Tesco and return the Amazon one?

Call Amazon first, explain the price differemce, ask them to reimburse or you'll return it. They'll probably do a partial refind.