NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

It's such a billionnaire playboy thing. So unnecessary. Imagine if someone bought Man U and said "I want to change their name to Manchester Devils" ... as 'logical' as it is, it's just preposterous. I really haven't understood why american or australian teams have opted to sound like competitive cheerleaders. Why do things have to be inanimate objects, or animals? Especially when Comets or Swans or Tigers have nothing to do with the area the team is based, or the players themselves. Might as well do a Prince and be a symbol with people calling you "the team formerly known as Sunderland."

I get that we have a few odd team names in our midst *cough* wednesday *cough* but at least there's a logic that lends to an admission of history, right? I mean, how many tigers actually live in Hull?

It's such a billionnaire playboy thing. So unnecessary. Imagine if someone bought Man U and said "I want to change their name to Manchester Devils" ... as 'logical' as it is, it's just preposterous. I really haven't understood why american or australian teams have opted to sound like competitive cheerleaders. Why do things have to be inanimate objects, or animals? Especially when Comets or Swans or Tigers have nothing to do with the area the team is based, or the players themselves. Might as well do a Prince and be a symbol with people calling you "the team formerly known as Sunderland."

I get that we have a few odd team names in our midst *cough* wednesday *cough* but at least there's a logic that lends to an admission of history, right? I mean, how many tigers actually live in Hull?

Glad you typed that jay. I typed a massive reply yesterday and never posted it for fear of sounding like a snotty elitist. But as one of our less frequent posters your similar opinion is a welcome sign.

Liverpool having to travel to the Etihad on Boxing Day could potentially ruin Christmas.. but it'll be exciting :grin:

I just hope we can beat Spurs tomorrow to close the gap..

Better team won today. However we were abysmal and if two wrong offsides go our way and the handball it could have been 6-6.

Attacking-wise we played well but it means nothing if we defend poorly like that. Four of the goals we conceded were avoidable.

Arsenal need to use this 9 day break to make sure they're back in gear. We need to get past this bump in the road.

Edited by -Dem0-

Better team won today. However we were abysmal and if two wrong offsides go our way and the handball it could have been 6-6.

And if every shot went in it would have been 22-12 to Man City. Szczesny (had a feeling I should have changed him) cost me -2 points today, Ramsey got 5 and Wilshere 2. City wise Nasri got 5, Zabaleta 4 and Negredo 5.

Edited by Wii

Decent results today. Though everyone have just got a second boo. Fulham equalise and it'll be great, and sound so like palace are all over Chelsea :)

Think we'll win comfortably tomorrow against Liverpool (presuming he starts with soldado rather than the awful Defoe)' then were 2 points off second. Not bad considering we've had Ana would start to the season. Then we have Stoke WBA Southampton. A real chance to get right in there again.

Why do arsenal have 9 days off? We have 8 games in 24 days...

Gutted that we lost today. Really thought we could get at least a draw but we just looked knackered and let Man City control the game. I would complain about the poor offside decisions but we don't deserve anything tbh if we've conceded 6 goals.

Decent results today. Though everyone have just got a second boo. Fulham equalise and it'll be great, and sound so like palace are all over Chelsea :)

Think we'll win comfortably tomorrow against Liverpool (presuming he starts with soldado rather than the awful Defoe)' then were 2 points off second. Not bad considering we've had Ana would start to the season. Then we have Stoke WBA Southampton. A real chance to get right in there again.

We've just had Sunday 4pm, Weds 7:45pm and Saturday 12:30pm. That's 3 games in less than 6 days. That's the way TV scheduling works, we were unlucky enough to be picked for the early game this weekend after a tough trip to Italy, followed by an away fixture; next weekend we're lucky enough to have the Monday fixture, although that gives us less time to recover for the xmas games.

And we've just had 7 games in 21 days, so stop complaining :p

Also I think you're deluded to think Soldado can win you a game. Only if you get a penalty :p

Actually hoping Liverpool v Spurs is a draw.

We just had 3 in 6 days you tart.

Listening in on the radio I could hardly believe how many times I heard Arsenal gave the ball away and how a number of the goals were avoidable. I went into today hoping we weren't hammered 6-0, so 6-3 is a bit of comfort, even if the performance wasn't, but hey that's football, you're bound to lose sometimes and against the likes of Man City I can accept that.

Bloody hell all the gooners crying and being defensive. I was literally just asking why, not a dig... Us being in the league cup makes our problems harder too I guess...

I feel I may owe @MadDog an apology.

Suarez, possibly morally bankrupt. But as a striker, pure goals. Easily best striker in the league and probably best player on form. We should have bid more for him in the summer.

If I'm not watching Arsenal, it will be Liverpool on the tele as I know I'll be in for some entertainment, and I was right. They absolutely bossed the game. They were far too good for Spurs. Sterling, Henderson and of course Suarez all had a superb match but take nothing away from the great team performance.

Also I'm beginning to run out of superlatives for Suarez. His second goal was great but the first was just amazing.

Think we'll win comfortably tomorrow against Liverpool (presuming he starts with soldado rather than the awful Defoe)

:laughing:

@Ellmeister Manning?! That's Tom Brady. :p

Incredible performance. All 11 were amazing.

When the weekend is looking bleak, you can always rely on Middlesex Hotspur to cheer you up.

Edit - That's pure dazzy gold that quote. iPad must have made a mistake. xD

Soldado is pump, well, the whole Spurts team are. They offered nothing at all, all game, not even a shot on target in the first half.

Suarez was immense he scored two, assisted two (I think). He offers so much to the whole team and he seems to be happy right now.

Such a relief to win I thought it would be a bit tougher mind. 😊

Soldado is pump, well, the whole Spurts team are. They offered nothing at all, all game, not even a shot on target in the first half.

Suarez was immense he scored two, assisted two (I think). He offers so much to the whole team and he seems to be happy right now.

Such a relief to win I thought it would be a bit tougher mind. 😊

They actually went the whole game without a shot on target, the first time since opta stats began hilariously.

If there was any doubt before, it's now a shoe in that Suarez will be Real Madrid bound next season. They will pay whatever it costs and I fear Liverpool won't be able to stop him going! Can they win the league with him this season though? Tough one, the game against Man City coming up will be a real test to see where they are.

Incidentally Everton 'only' losing 3-1 at the Etihad earlier this season looks like a great result compared with recent top teams going there!

Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Everton could feasibly all win the league at this point. Ironically I reckon Chelsea have the best shout as they have played utter dross and are only two points behind, plus have the Mourinho mentality there too!

Hope AVB stays at Spurs. However, this may sound daft, I reckon West Brom would be a perfect fit for him if he did go :)

Well that went easier than expected.

Hendo was immense today, we barely missed Gerrard.

Flanno and Sterling were great too, and Captain Suarez was magic again, good to see him do it in the big game.

Sending off was a bit unlucky (I don't think he meant it) and probably killed the game off as a contest, the result wasn't really in doubt though, Spus were second best even with 11 men.

Just got home after a busy few days in London. Managed to stop off at a pub after saying goodbye to Ine's family and catch the second half of our game. Understandably, we stopped playing after going 3-0 up. Cleverley scored a great goal, he needs to do more of that.

Couldn't believe my fucking eyes at the Spurs/Liverpool scoreline. 5-0! Fuck me. Was not expecting that. Thought Liverpool would win it 2-1 or something close. Pretty pissed off now that we didn't go there and get the win, bah.

Some great games this weekend. Couldn't believe that Liverpool spanked Spurs 5-0 yesterday. Even before the red card they were all over them. Suarez is a beast.

One of the highlights of my weekend was seeing Darren Fletcher back on the field. Hope he can get somewhere back to his best. Would be like a new signing.

Also, fuck, Jordan Henderson's performance on Match of the Day 2 yesteday/the game against Spurs. This is how Tom Cleverley should be playing every week. (although, in fairness to him, his movement was excellent for his goal yesterday)

No Dazzy this weekend. Guess his iPad's broken. :p

Edit: AVB sacked.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost