NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2013/2014

It's apple and oranges trying to say who the best player in the league is. I'd go for Ramsey because i'm biased but then Suarez has been phenomenal as well. Suarez will always get the votes though because he's a flesh eating maniac and Rambo is just a quiet guy from the valleys.

I find it embarrassing you're even comparing the two. Ramsey isn't close to being the best player in the league, he's playing very well currently. But only arsenal fans would say him with a straight face.

Moyes at United is like Hodgson at Liverpool. Their mentalities just don't match the clubs, and they're tactics just don't work at the level they need/needed to play at.

I hope you're wrong, but it's looking that way.

As for this best player discussion: For me, it's between Suarez and Aguero. I'd be more tempted to go with Aguero. Fucking monster.

Yeah, Saurez and Aguero, I'd say Suarez is probably edging it at the minute but I'd take Aguero all day long over Suarez, purely on grounds of principle. I'd still never want Suarez to play for Spurs.

Funnily enough, I was reading the first few pages of the thread, when Saurez refused to train as he was pushing for his move, @MadDog said he'll never forgive him. Didn't take long :)

Spurs Liverpool and City Goons next week, table could continue to to close up in a big way. Exciting!!

Fair point. Thought we'd sneaked it. Real emphasis on City away and then the Chavs on the 23rd.

Yeah, Saurez and Aguero, I'd say Suarez is probably edging it at the minute but I'd take Aguero all day long over Suarez, purely on grounds of principle. I'd still never want Suarez to play for Spurs.

Funnily enough, I was reading the first few pages of the thread, when Saurez refused to train as he was pushing for his move, @MadDog said he'll never forgive him. Didn't take long :)

Spurs Liverpool and City Goons next week, table could continue to to close up in a big way. Exciting!!

That's one of the reasons why I'd have Aguero. You don't get any of the hassle that you do with Suarez. He's undeniably very, very good. World class. But, he's a total gobshite. A liability. You're never certain about him and he has a mistake or an act of foolishness in him.

Aguero is annoying in that respect because I don't actually know of any faults that he has. Perfect striker in my opinion. Would sell my kidneys to see him at United. (will never ever happen)

Some would say that Rooney should be in this category. He's obviously up there, but I don't think of him in the same way as I did a few years back when he basically held us to ransom over more money. He used to be our golden boy, I guess. But, he definitely lost a huge amount of cred over that incident.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I actually think Rooney and RVP ARE up there with them two in all honesty, Rooney probably more because he offers more. He's been your best player this season, his work rate and all round play is amazing; he offers more than those 3, but the others are just goal machines!

I actually think Rooney and RVP ARE up there with them two in all honesty, Rooney probably more because he offers more. He's been your best player this season, his work rate and all round play is amazing; he offers more than those 3, but the others are just goal machines!

RVP is a magician when he's on form. He hasn't played that well this season, but aside from Rooney and maybe one or two others, nobody has. Immense last season.

Rooney has been great but he's not really been put in the positions where he can score. When we played him directly up top in the past, he was scoring for fun (scoring 25+ league goals). So, he's not as easy to compare to others like Suarez and Aguero who will play up top every game and who will be given every opportunity to score. He's almost like a Jack of all trades, Master of none.

Couldn't begrudge Everton taking a point from the game, they got their tactics spot on, not many teams will dominate the game for 40 sustained minutes at the Emirates and still look threatening when the tactics changed to be more defensive in the second half. Ozil's goal was scrappy but Deulofeu's goal was quality, Barca have another youth academy starlet with that kid. Shame we couldn't hold the lead but a point from a game with Everton is no bad thing, Martinez looks to be taking Everton to the next level and are in with a great shout of top 4. Are you sure you didn't want Martinez United fans?

It's probably easy for me to say this (with Liverpool currently sitting in 2nd place :indeed:) but the Premier League has been great so far this season and with so many teams competing for the top 4, it's really exciting :bouncy:

There basically seems to be a big game every single week and there's always someone dropping points! It'll be interesting to see what points the top 8 or 9 teams take off each other over the coming months (I guess I can include Southampton and Newcastle in there for now :heh:) as everyone beating each other is going to keep things extremely tight up there..

I genuinely can't wait for the Christmas period :yay:

Arsenal and Liverpool and both have 4 extremely difficult games coming up. Both have 3 hard away games in the 4. I think after Xmas the league will really take shape.

It's probably easy for me to say this (with Liverpool currently sitting in 2nd place :indeed:) but the Premier League has been great so far this season and with so many teams competing for the top 4, it's really exciting :bouncy:

There basically seems to be a big game every single week and there's always someone dropping points! It'll be interesting to see what points the top 8 or 9 teams take off each other over the coming months (I guess I can include Southampton and Newcastle in there for now :heh:) as everyone beating each other is going to keep things extremely tight up there..

I genuinely can't wait for the Christmas period :yay:

Do you count Spurs amongst them?

Arsenal and Liverpool and both have 4 extremely difficult games coming up. Both have 3 hard away games in the 4. I think after Xmas the league will really take shape.

We've got two easy home games afterwards though. :laughing:

I'm happy with tonight's result, although we are still very flat throughout most of our play. As awesome as Giggs has been for United, it does kill me inside to see him start games in central midfield. In addition to this, I'm worried about the future of Phil Jones. Yes, he scored a great goal and looked good in midfield in the second half, but his future should be at centre-back and he's not playing enough there. I'm convinced that Moyes sees him as a midfielder now.

Also, Ashley Young must be a stallion in training. I have no idea how he manages to get into this team as often as he does.

Also, Ashley Young must be a stallion in training. I have no idea how he manages to get into this team as often as he does.

He's the only winger at the club not shagging Moyes' little girl.

Nice to see Bayern are not so invincible after all, sounded like it was a good comeback from City.

In other news, Juventus got knocked out by Galatasaray earlier today. Would've liked to see them win the thing as well, thought they had a reasonable chance! Could well be no italian teams past the group stages after tonight.

Also, the pitch at that game:

lol

Well that game didn't go to plan. However, we qualified out the group of death. How many people thought we had a chance?

We really played well throughout the group stage, but then hit a brick wall tonight. It was a shame to qualify in this manner but at least we qualified, and in the toughest group no doubt.

Huge game this Saturday. Arsenal need to be at their best.

Well we did it the Arsenal way. Bring on Barca in the next round!

Also, how ridiculous that Napoli didn't qualify on 12 points, yet Zenit St. Petersburg did on 6 points, with only ONE win in six games. They lost 4-1 to Austria Vienna tonight, but qualified. Madness.

Huge game this Saturday. Arsenal need to be at their best.

Fair to say Arsene had one eye on that game. I'll be more than happy with a point at City. Need to work harder and play a lot better than we did tonight to get it.

Also, how ridiculous that Napoli didn't qualify on 12 points, yet Zenit St. Petersburg did on 6 points, with only ONE win in six games. They lost 4-1 to Austria Vienna tonight, but qualified. Madness.

I just opened this thread to post the same thing. Maybe it should be the group winners and the next best 8 runners up that go through?

I just opened this thread to post the same thing. Maybe it should be the group winners and the next best 8 runners up that go through?

Nah it's a league format within each group. These things can happen.

I've said it before, probably say it again. The European Cup should be a straight knockout. Group stages only created for the money, ensures each team gets enough games for TV and match day revenues. Not about the competition.

Whats peoples thoughts here on the Hull City name change. I do totally get where the fans are coming from, this is their history and all.... but on the other hand the owner is the owner and has the right to do what he wants but I also think it wrong the way he seems to be dismissing the fans opinions. Have Hull fans done or are they planning any match boycotts? that be best way to be heard hit the owner where it hurts.... his wallet

This weekend's fixtures should be well interesting. The top 5 could look completely different!

Oh, and the Hull thing I find hilarious.

I don't know what to make of the Hull situation. Surely they could compromise on Hull City Tigers? I'm sure most people would still refer to them them as Hull City, or just Hull anyway.