N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Haden

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to take a draw but we need to get more wins to avoid relegation. Would be interesting to see one of the established top division team be relegated even if it is us.

I think the gap between the top and middle league has got a little bit smaller over the past few seasons. There are obviously some very strong teams in the top league but the bottom clubs in the top league and top clubs in the middle league are quite similar.

I'm hoping that I can get promoted and still put up a fight next season.

Ooooh, the middle of the middle league is tighter than a gnat's bumhole at the moment. Unfortunately, i still have to play the top four again, so i might have reached my points total already.

Not very pleased having lost and drawn with the bottom side!

Having said that, Kipper FC seem to be falling apart at the moment, so maybe i can take some points off them when me meet.

You made a mistake on the first post.

I think you'll find that the Dysonian Wanderers won the cup.

Both times.

That is all.

*adjusts tie and leaves*

Those are just from the latest 6 seasons :p

We have someone dropping out at the end of this season if you'd like to get your name back up there ;)

Those are just from the latest 6 seasons :p

We have someone dropping out at the end of this season if you'd like to get your name back up there ;)

Who's quitting?

interview-new-logo.jpg

Well, next up for The Inter View was due to be Eights Utd but due to either a no show, going MIA on us or due to possessing somewhat Axl Rose like tendencies, we've yet to hear from the Champ. However, the show must go on so whilst we're waiting for Tales to arrive from Caprica City I'll move on to my next guest. So with no further ado let me call out my next guest, the artist formally known as Seahawks, Les Balbuzards.

Question 1) Matt, you're somewhat of an enigma to the N-Euro league, you've been around for almost as long as I have after I recruited you in my second season here and yet you remain one of the most underspoken managers of the bunch. If you could use this interview as a platform to announce yourself to the league and forum members who don't know you, how would you describe your management style/philosophies, future intentions and what do you make of your time as a manager so far?

Well firstly, may I thank you for this kind offer to interview me.

I've enjoyed my time as manager so far. I would say that might style is based around developing talent. Before I left Seahawks a lot of players that I bought in the first season or got through the youth system then were the core of the team and worth millions which is something I'm proud of. My first season with Seahawks was extremely interesting, I think I just missed out on promotion on the last day. In the second season I won the bottom league and in the third survived a relegation scrap in the middle league. After that I was stuck in the middle of the middle and if I'm honest I did get bored, didn't pay as much attention, which led to Seahawks getting relegated.

Question 2) Most managers usually wait until they have won the Elite League before they embark on taking on a new team. Tell us why you decided to fold Seahawks and start afresh?

The reason I wanted to start fresh was to rekindle the fun in playing. Part of me wanted to continue with Seahawks but I just wasn't enjoying it. I'm having more fun this season although the competition in the lower league is a lot harder than in was when I first started.

Question 3) Looking at your new team this season, you've yet to make any changes to the squad. Have you not been tempted to buy/sell/sack any players? Given we're half way through the season now is it safe to assume that this is the way it'll stay for now until next season at least? Is there a grand plan for a reshaping of your squad or are you simply losing interest?

I haven't made many changes as I really didn't have much money. Now that I've built some up I'm going to invest in my youth academy and hopefully get some great new talent from that. Come the end of the season I might just enter the transfer market too!

Any final words...

Streamers Rule! Long live the stream!

They do indeed! Thanks for your time there Matthew. I'll be keeping an eye out for this French revolution of yours and hopefully we'll be seeing an introduction of a bit more 'va va voom' to the Lower League next season. For anyone who's wondering what the hell he was going on about in his last comment there, here it is:-

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights (awaiting answers)

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic

12. Valyrian Steelers (Alliance)

Depending on when Tales of Eights graces us with his presence, we'll either be seeing his good self or the Russians of Co-op next up in the hot seat so stay tuned...

Edited by Nikos9
Automerged Doublepost

That is a shame thought he did quite well when he began

He's just lost interest mate. I had been reminding him to set his tactics but he just didn't bother. Any enthusiasm he had for it just disappeared!

Sure he's my brother, but i'd rather someone active came in to take his place.

He's just lost interest mate. I had been reminding him to set his tactics but he just didn't bother. Any enthusiasm he had for it just disappeared!

Sure he's my brother, but i'd rather someone active came in to take his place.

He's your brother, remind him properly. :P

Great to get a win against Battlestar for once. That's four points more than I got last season. Don't he gave his all in the match though. No win bonus compared to the million he had last season.

Next up is Madpool away, who I must beat to keep up with Submarine, since he has an relatively easy home match. In other words, I need to make sure MadDog gets relegated :p

Not if your constantly on it.. you'll have more seasons to develop and your players gain experience from playing with higher skilled players. So as one set of youths grow and get better, the next lot will then be a little bit better for it, then the next a bit better again and the next..

DV is a combo of matches played and average form.. so if his form really dips it'll affect his average form and his DV could go down, but if you keep his form up he should remain at 15 without needing to play any more matches.