N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Haden

I would be quite pleased if my fellow comerades from the true Top 5 gave it their best in the last two matches ;)

Well I didn't field my strongest team but got tactics spot on and the deed was done...more to restore some pride after Subs beat me 7-1 in the reverse fixture than to help you out though but hey! :p So congrats on winning the league, unless AC can conjure up a miracle against you in the last game!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cup situation

The cup will take place on Tuesday 30th July which is the 2nd match day after the change report so that should allow people to get their teams form trained for the cup. People want a speedy cup after last season's delays so I will be drawing the teams myself on the evening of each match. Additionally, I might make it so we only have 16 teams unless we have overwhelming demand - input is always appreciated, let me know if people think this is unfair.

Entrants:

Real Peeps

Bob

Haden's Rangers

Eights United?

Recall United

Leeds M.O.T

Also, 1st place in the Middle League is secured :)

Sign me up for the cup!

Not disappointed by my defeat today. 2nd place and promotion was already guaranteed before this game so hopefully I can get that last push for some good DVs. Except for my forwards who clearly don't want to raise :mad:

Sign me up for the cup!

Not disappointed by my defeat today. 2nd place and promotion was already guaranteed before this game so hopefully I can get that last push for some good DVs. Except for my forwards who clearly don't want to raise :mad:

Strikers are notoriously known for being difficult to train.

I'm up for doing the draws live again if that is ok with everyone.

Fine by me as long as they can be done on the same evening as matches are played :) If you have to miss a draw I'll do it at midnight but it won't be a fancy live stream ::shrug:

Cup:

Real Peeps

Bob

Haden's Rangers

Eights United

Recall United

Leeds M.O.T

Coloccini FC

Dragooooo

Atlético Aqui1a

The final match of the season is on the 23rd. The change report will be out on the 25th and we will have a 'break' on the 26th (Friday/match day). The cup will start on the 30th and when the cup is over we will have another 'break' before the season starts. The breaks are so people can get form training done.

The draw should be done on the same day as the matches are played? You mean the next round's matches right? A one day notice wasn't good enough last time, and certaintly shouldn't be, so I hope I just read that wrong :)

The draw should be done on the same day as the matches are played? You mean the next round's matches right? A one day notice wasn't good enough last time, and certaintly shouldn't be, so I hope I just read that wrong :)

It means we'll play the match first (on the Tuesday afternoon, for example) and the draw will then be done on Tuesday evening.

So, that gives the people Tuesday night, all of Wednesday and all of Thursday to get their games organised and set up tactics.

Should go much smoother this year than last.

interview-new-logo.jpg

On today's episode of the Inter View we have Jimbob of Recall Utd. Now in his 20th season, Jimbob is a one time Lower and Middle League champion and the official N-Euro Sports News cup draw presenter. Hello and welcome!

Question 1) Jimbob, you must be considered as a veteran of xpert now having been a manager since March 2009. However, whilst you have won the Lower and Middle Leagues once each, one would have expected your trophy cabinet to be somewhat more glistening by now? Also, you have only been manager of the round a grand total of 11 times and are ranked 29 out of 30 in the manager rankings in N-Europe. What's going wrong and how are you going to go about changing these stats for the better?

Yeah, the trophy cabinet. It's quite bare indeed. And the stats are terrible indeed, and that is something we are working on. It's something we should have done a long time ago, but we didn't. Which was to develop the younger players earlier, instead of at the last minute when an older player decided to call it quits. You can see at the moment the majority of Recall is made up of younger players all of whom are hungry and have great potential for the future. I'm quite shocked at being ranked 29 out of 30, and that is something that i will work on. This season has been youth orientated as we have been developing the forwards and midfielders over the already good defense. That is something Recall lacks, we have a decent defense from the looks of it. But we have nothing to show for attacking-wise.

As a veteran manager, i don't think i've been focusing enough on the team. But we have pushed money into the youth academy and are now relishing the players coming from it. I think the lower league has seen enough of Recall, and once we are promoted we hope to not return for a long while.

Question 2) Despite the stats seemingly signifying doom & gloom for Recall you're tantalisingly close to promotion to the Middle League once more with only Fedex standing in your way who you're level on points with but with an inferior goal difference. How do you see your run in going?

To be honest, it's where i was expecting to be with the team we have at present. More younger players which have a good future indeed, and if we don't get promoted this season then I'll be disappointed as we've worked hard. But what knocks us down will make us stronger next time for another shot. How i see Recall in a few seasons is pushing for promotion for the higher levels. At the time of writing this, we are 2 points from promotion and need a win. Whilst hoping for FedEx to lose, i know that sounds bad. But its ultimately what is required.

Question 3) Your on-screen cup draw antics have been going down well in recent seasons. Do you have any surprises or additions in store for us this time around to encourage a good turn out?

They have been going well indeed. I keep thinking of ways how i can make each one fresh and different. One draw i did a rendition of Lionel Richie's "Hello" live, but didn't record it. As for what i may have in-store for future draws, well i won't say. Why, because it will ruin the surprise won't it. But i always make them worth watching that is a guarantee. And if i burst into another rendition of a song, i may record it for those unable to attend to encourage attendance next time.

Any final words...

This is a new Recall, watch this space as good things come to those who wait.

Thanks Jimbo! With N-Europe seemingly becoming an ever-more competitive place to be by the season, this turnaround could be easier said than done and a long drawn out process as others progress in tandem. What can be said is that the lower league has increasingly become a tougher league to get out of over the last few seasons with new sides developing fast and strong teams getting relegated from the Middle League but Jimbob has experience and patience on his side, useful tools when you're in it for the long haul.

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights (awaiting answers)

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic

12. Valyrian Steelers (Alliance)

P.S Myself & FedEx will take part in the cup, just waiting to hear back from Co-op & Balbuzards on the matter.

Also @Tales are you ever going to return your interview answers?? :p

Co-op has confirmed he will play in the cup!

Cup:

1. Real Peeps
  2. Bob
  3. Haden's Rangers
  4. Eights United
  5. Recall United
  6. Leeds M.O.T
  7. Coloccini FC
  8. Dragooooo
  9. Atlético Aqui1a
  10. DuDs Baggies
  11. Yellow Submarine
  12. Winston Gardens FC
  13. Intergalactico Stars
  14. Fedex United
  15. Comerade Co-op
  16. Silverdale Hotpot

We are currently at full capacity for the cup... Should we extend it past 16 teams?

Rossers Rovers are currently the only additional team to have applied but there is a lot of time left before the start.

Edited by The Peeps

Don't we always?

I think we go through this every season so the tradition may as well continue; the math is very easy. If one more joins two players fight for one spot while 15 players get byes, if two more joins four player fight for two spots and 14 players get byes and so on.