N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 27: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Haden

With 4 games to go, 6 teams are still trying to avoid relegation in the top league with 2 spots still yet to be determined. Fortunately I'm at home for the last 3 games of the season but it's going to be very close.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to believe i might be able to stay up! 6 points above the relegation zone with 3 games to play...unfortunately one of my strikers got injured, but luckily my defenders started scoring in the last game, so all is not lost.

We needed to win today to stay up. In the end, we lost and are bottom of the league. I had anticipated this would happen at the start of the season, there's just too many youngsters in the squad at the moment. Down to Lower League I go, where there's no pressure of relegation.

I guess it's just the tactics. Not long ago someone lost 5-3 away to a relegation candidate and got the manager of the round. I don't know if it plays any role, but the ground you play on, the strength and position of the opponent, both current and past and the score should have an effect on who is the manager of the round.

interview-new-logo.jpg

Greetings Fedex Utd and welcome to the Inter View. Thank you for participating and sparing a bit of time on Wimbledon final day to answer questions. In an ideal world you'd be celebrating the win of your close friend Roger Federer right about now but you can't have it all. Anyway, back to business...

Question 1) Speaking of celebrating, you're the strongest team on paper in the bottom league but sit 4th at present, can you see your hand being raised in celebration due to promotion come the end of the season? If so how are you going to pull it off?

FedEx United are at present in direct competition with Recall United for that all important third placed finish. At this stage it is too close to call and rather like the Ashes today it may go right down to the wire. The club will continue investing in its training programme to help boost skill and form and we wait with baited breath as the tension mounts for the last few weeks of the season.

Question 2) Tell us a bit about the history of Fedex Utd, where you came from, what your achievements have been, future plans and aspirations for the team and squad etc. How is old Rog by the way?

FedEx United came to fruition as a result of my love for all things tennis and the name derived itself from the greatest player ever to have picked up a racket the legend that is Roger Federer. Over the past few seasons the club has both over achieved and more recently under achieved so consistency until the end of the season will be key to securing a successful promotion to the second tier. My future aspirations are to secure the services of a second goal keeper when the window opens and also to encourage new blood in the form of young talent from the youth academy to build stability and success.

Question 3) Looking at your squad, we've seen a Roddick in your team in the past who scored 10 goals and got 4 assists for you from midfield, keeping with the tennis is there a chance we could see a Mr. Federer being introduced into your youth academy at some point? Also, you have six strikers at your club whereas most have 3 or 4, some even cope well with two, do you not find that having six is more of a hindrance given that they won't all get the necessary game time to develop and skill up?

We may see a future Federer but you will have to watch this space. I plan to be selective with my strikers next season as I probably over indulged on them this time around.

Any final words...

That is all for now.

Apologies for the time delay of a week between the questions and answers but you probably worked that one out with the references to the Wimbledon final last Sunday and Ashes today. Good luck to you Mr FedEx and I look forward to seeing these products of your prestigious youth academy.

The Inter View list:-

1. Haden

2. Coloccini

3. Madpool

4. Peeps

5. Eights (awaiting answers)

6. Balbuzards

7. Co-op

8. Fedex

9. Recall

10. bob

11. Cubic

12. Valyrian Steelers (Alliance)

Well dang.

Oh well, i chuckled at the fact that Kipper set their aggression to 'bruise' and only ended up in injuring two of their own players. Whoopsie!

I'm firmly back in the relegation battle now. Annoyingly everyone below me either won or drew MAKING THE MATHS A LOT HARDER.