NEurope
Hogge

No more EA support for Wii U!

I saw this on twitter last night. Lack of EA support may not bother you as much or anyone on here but they are still a major publisher that has games at top of the UK charts.

Well whats the point of people in the UK getting a Wii U without fifa on it?

Shame. I reckon FUSE would have been pretty amazing on the Wii U. It will just get lost on the PS360.

*adds EA to the list of publishers NOT to buy games from*

At least not first-hand anyway... ;)

I seriously dislike EA and will be making a concerted effort to not put any more money in their pockets... this may be tough if Criterion release any more games soon as I do tend to buy their games on release but I'll find a way.

Sure, you can say ' but one person won't make that much difference' perhaps not... but something has got to be done surely? :blank:

Yes I'm aware that Nintendo are also perhaps partly to blame but this is mainly EA's fault! :mad:

If you were EA would you release games on the Wii U in its current state?

But... the way I read it is, even if the Wii U suddenly starts outselling everything EA still won't support it - which would be rather stupid - in answer to your question though, I suppose not.

I still don't like EA regardless though, I haven't done for a long time and could quite happily not buy most of their published games, even for the few I do want, I feel it'd be best to just pick them up second hand and forgo any online modes.

Here's what EA will be releasing in 2013...

Fuse

The Sims 3: Island Paradise

Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar

Madden NFL 25

NHL 14

FIFA 14

Battlefield 4

Command & Conquer

Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Out of those titles I might be half-interested in two... (Fuse & Battlefield 4) and even then I don't think they'll be 'must buy' games, not to me anyway.

It's more the statement that their late and shoddy ports at launch are them fulfilling their E3 2011 statement of unprecedented support that makes me laugh

Well whats the point of people in the UK getting a Wii U without fifa on it?

To buy GOOD games rather than being a chav?

8350_31b5.png

Yes, I get the point that it's a popular franchise and that footie games are important to a lot of people, to the point that they might not buy a console if it has none. But hopefully there'll be a GOOD footie game, like PES or perhaps a revival of the old ISS franchise:

1998_international_superstar_soccer_pro.jpg

But... the way I read it is, even if the Wii U suddenly starts outselling everything EA still won't support it - which would be rather stupid - in answer to your question though, I suppose not.

Yeah, of those games you listed, FUSE and BF4 interest me but almost definitely not enough to actually buy them (I'd almost definitely get FUSE if I knew everyone was going to get it for co-op since Insomniac are ace).

EA aren't supporting the Vita either, they just haven't made a statement about it, which makes me think that (quite rightly) they know it's not their job to sell a console. I think in time they perhaps might see value in releasing on both platforms but it might just not be worth the effort. It'll depend on the next-gen, I guess. The PC has really grown as a platform, I feel it's replaced Nintendo as one of the 'big three'.

EA are the 2nd biggest games publisher in the EU, so not seeing their games on the Wii-U won't bat a difference to me. The only EA-based games i have are The Sims 3 (on the PC, as it should be played) and the Mass Effect Trilogy (made by Bioware, published by EA). Other than that, i don't play EA games. So this decision will not phase me at all, and from the looks of things isn't phasing many other people either.

Yes it will be a loss, but on ONM they believe Ninty are on the verge of getting the Wii-U right and it won't be long until EA return.

To buy GOOD games rather than being a chav?
8350_31b5.png

Yes, I get the point that it's a popular franchise and that footie games are important to a lot of people, to the point that they might not buy a console if it has none. But hopefully there'll be a GOOD footie game, like PES or perhaps a revival of the old ISS franchise:

1998_international_superstar_soccer_pro.jpg

Where do we begin with this post..

(Homer on hearing EA have abandoned the Wii U all while trying not to swear.)

Homer: Oh, fudge. That unprecedented partnership is...broken. Fiddle dee dee. That will require a tetanus shot. I'm not going to swear, but I am going to...kick your head in! (Homer goes into a rage.)

I'm not really surprised.

Most of EA's games were considered better on the other consoles anyway. The Wii mostly got downgraded games visually (obviouisly) and the controls were more often than not, not up to scratch.

They did get it right sometimes though with EA Grand Slam Tennis as a good example. Showed exactly what EA could do when they put their minds to it.

Whenever I think of Fifa I just think xbox or ps3 anyway. I think it's quite a credit to Nintendo that they managed to sell as many Wii units that they did without the usual sheep buying yet another version of Fifa lad and COD mate.

The list posted above of the EA games coming out I honestly could not give 2 shits about personally. However, I understand why people will be annoyed / disappointed and rightly so.

But it's no different to how the situation has been for the past 6 or so years. Those games have regularly graced the PS360 and Nintendo never really got any of them. So it's not much of a surprise to me and certainly not a disappointment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-madden-nfl-25-the-latest-ea-game-to-skip-wii-u-what-now-for-fifa-14

EA has confirmed to Eurogamer that FIFA 14 will not release on Wii U.

In a statement, EA Sports said it took the decision after poor sales of the Wii U version of FIFA 13.

"Ten months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," an EA spokesperson told Eurogamer. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."

(Homer on hearing EA have abandoned the Wii U all while trying not to swear.)

Homer: Oh, fudge. That unprecedented partnership is...broken. Fiddle dee dee. That will require a tetanus shot. I'm not going to swear, but I am going to...kick your head in! (Homer goes into a rage.)

The old episodes of the Simpsons cannot be beat.

EA has confirmed to Eurogamer that FIFA 14 will not release on Wii U.

In a statement, EA Sports said it took the decision after poor sales of the Wii U version of FIFA 13.

"Ten months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U," an EA spokesperson told Eurogamer. "Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning bullshit and lack of innovative new ways to play, we basically repackaged FIFA 12, smeared 13 on the cover and so the commercial results were disappointing because we didn't even try. Even though it was our fault we have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U because we're douchebags."

Fixed for you EA smiley-middle-finger.gif

Oh well, hopefully this will prove that a console can still succeed without EA, and that Nintendo can stay in the console business just fine. :hmm:

Pes is far better than fifa now, as long as konami come good who cares about EA

Has there been any games from Konami for the Wii U?

Although that statement is utter tosh (see @Wii 's edit for a better statement) at least someone is coming out and telling it how it is. Enough of the "we don't currently have any games in development for Wii U" evasive statements, I wish EA would just say we aren't going to support Nintendo consoles anymore and be done with it. "The worst company in America" and Peter Moore can go balls as far as I'm concerned :D

Oh well, hopefully this will prove that a console can still succeed without EA, and that Nintendo can stay in the console business just fine. :hmm:

As evidence with their Sega stuff today plus stuff with Platinum, Square, Capcom etc., Nintendo are going a different way with third parties. Rather than begging for exclusive/timed DLC with multiformat games, they're helping third parties and funding exclusive games

PES still needs improving on to regain the PS2 glory days. But yeah, no Fifa is nuts... a kick to, that is. Wow. If they can't manage their resources better to fit in all platforms then they should lose or share the licence. This just seems very, very close to industrial espionage and gross misconduct of the licence.

Nintendo will have to see how much this effects their console business and decide how much they want to learn from it. How will they react. Time will tell. Oh well, only game I wanted was C&C, but never mind, I'll play with my willy instead. :blank:

The last decent PES was 2008 or 2009. It's been embarrassingly left behind by Fifa. Konami are worse than EA for updating their engine, they thought that adding finesse skills was enough to excuse glaring flaws in the AI.

I can see them trying something new for PS4 and NextBox whether they'll include Wii U is different matter.