N-Europe

3D Classics Sonic the Hedgehog

Dcubed

Well minus the control issues, which actually aren't that bad but not as good as buttons, the IOS/Android version has:

• Widescreen
  • Remastered Music
  • No graphically glitches that were present in the 3DS version
  • Smoother frame rate in special stages
  • Time Attack mode (forget if the 3DS one has this)
  • Additional Playable Characters
  • Can choose between JP/US/EU box/cart artwork. < big bonus points to me

The phone version felt like it had more polish/love than the 3DS version to me.

If you want buttons so badly go ahead and get the 3DS version. Or get both. :p

The Mobile phone versions of Sonic 1 are currently 77p for Sonic's birthday but you better snap them up quick. I bought it for my Android phone and it actually controls really well, you just gotta have your thumb a bit higher than you normally would to avoid rolling everywhere :D

Sonic 1 on phones has more characters too and I think it even has Super Sonic, I'm not sure though cause I haven't got all the emeralds yet. Is it just me or do the special stages seem a lot harder? It feels like they spin a lot faster than I remember :(

Sonic 1 on phones has more characters too and I think it even has Super Sonic, I'm not sure though cause I haven't got all the emeralds yet. Is it just me or do the special stages seem a lot harder? It feels like they spin a lot faster than I remember :(

They improved the frame rate which threw me off for a while and made it seem harder.

I think they may have added new paths as I found a new area with Knuckles in Marble zone. Or maybe it was there before but didn't know about it. ::shrug:

Super Sonic is only available via the debug menu unfortunately.

As much as the controls are a big factor for me as well, Ike is correct, the mobile version is without a doubt the superior version and priced a hell of a lot cheaper.

The 3D Classics Sonic is.. just your classic Sonic guys! I've got it. I've enjoyed it. I always said that I had my reservations at the point they priced it at in Japan, considering it's the same as the arcade games before it that got a lot more love, so I can definitely agree with Ike recommending the mobile version.

Well minus the control issues, which actually aren't that bad but not as good as buttons, the IOS/Android version has:

• Widescreen
  • Remastered Music
  • No graphically glitches that were present in the 3DS version
  • Smoother frame rate in special stages
  • Time Attack mode (forget if the 3DS one has this)
  • Additional Playable Characters
  • Can choose between JP/US/EU box/cart artwork. < big bonus points to me

The phone version felt like it had more polish/love than the 3DS version to me.

If you want buttons so badly go ahead and get the 3DS version. Or get both. :p

You can also use a controller or keyboard. Works great with my 360 Street Fighter controller.