N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence why I didn't mention it here ;)

plus it's inevitably going to start up more moaning about prices of Wii games if we mention it here :p

I'll be the first to start. It's a complete rip-off. Tesco were flogging this off a few months ago for €5. You can buy it off Ebay for less than half of the eShop's price.

Anyway... :indeed:

At least Metroid Zero Mission is a bargain! : peace:

That's a game I don't mind paying twice for as it's so fantastic. :)

It's good to see the VC getting some stronger game releases of late, definitely encouraging. :D

I'll be the first to start. It's a complete rip-off. Tesco were flogging this off a few months ago for €5. You can buy it off Ebay for less than half of the eShop's price.

Are you going to do this for every release? They're all going to be the same price. :p

I'd totes rebuy Sin & Punishment 2 if it was cheaper though, but I have the disk - so no need.

Hey guys, I've been playing the download version of Kirby's Adventure Wii and I've just discovered something unfortunate... (I know that it's not actually a VC game, but this seems to be the most appropriate place to put this...)

It seems that the game suffers from some performance problems when running off a USB storage device - you get this sort of annoying stuttering effect peppered throughout that seems to crop up randomly (it consistently happens in certain levels though).

I kept thinking that I swore this never happened with the original disc version, so I compared it with my disc copy and yup! I was right, the disc version runs near flawlessly (apart from a few brief moments of minor slowdown during a few of the super move sequences, but I knew that anyway); while the download version sometimes just stuttered like crazy (especially in level 4-2).

I thought that it might be a problem with my hard drive (it's self powered and has never given me any trouble, but it is 2 years old now and has seen a lot of use with my Wii U, so I thought that it might be about to give up the ghost), so I tried it with another one that I had lying around (it's Y Cable powered but hasn't been used nearly as much as my main Wii U one and has never had any real performance issues) and yup, exactly the same problem - same stuttering, same places (again, level 4-2 is particularly problematic)

There is some good news though! Moving it to the internal storage seems to fix it completely.

It's so bizzare! I've never seen this happen with any other game other than Armillo (and that got a patch to fix that up - but that's very much an amateur production anyway, so I can understand it happening there) and every other Wii download game has worked flawlessly on USB storage so far (even games that rely heavily on streaming like DKCR and Metroid Prime Trilogy). I mean, these Wii games aren't designed to run off anything other than disc, so I was surprised that the other download games (and I own them all so far) worked flawlessly, but I don't really understand why suddenly Kirby (and only Kirby) seems to have stuttering problems :confused:

I assume that it must come down to how the game's engine works (must be some strange kind of streaming going on), but if anything I would've thought that it would be the Metroid Prime games that would suffer from that kind of thing!

Such a shame, cause the sped up loading times are very nice! You do get a good experience when running from internal storage, but it's pretty shocking that this actually can even happen when using a USB HDD!

I thought that it might be a problem with my hard drive (it's self powered and has never given me any trouble, but it is 2 years old now and has seen a lot of use with my Wii U, so I thought that it might be about to give up the ghost), so I tried it with another one that I had lying around (it's Y Cable powered but hasn't been used nearly as much as my main Wii U one and has never had any real performance issues) and yup, exactly the same problem - same stuttering, same places (again, level 4-2 is particularly problematic)

By self powered, do you mean it's mains powered?

By self powered, do you mean it's mains powered?

Yes. My usual USB HDD is mains powered. The other one I tested is powered by the two USB ports (Y Cable)

Both had exactly the same stuttering problem :confused:

Internal storage works flawlessly though :)

So weird. I've never seen this happen with any other game (be it Wii download, Wii U Retail, Wii U Download Exclusive (save Armillo) or Wii U VC. My USB HDD has always worked flawlessly with every other game!

Time for N64 VC games!? :bouncy:

Remember Shibata, no 60hz = no buy! I don't even care that much about the games being rendered in 1080p, 60hz support OR NO DEAL!

You have ONE job here! DO NOT mess this up!

Edited by Dcubed

Incoming Direct most probably.

We all know a Direct is coming Mystic Dreg and we didn't need to make stuff up either.

That's funny considering you "predicted" a Direct in the Wii U eShop thread based on the same reasoning.

That's funny considering you "predicted" a Direct in the Wii U eShop thread based on the same reasoning.

eShop releases this morning and all last weeks news says a Direct is happening.

Not this phony insider knowledge crap that others spout.

I don't know ho excited I'd be for N64 virtual console games, I'd actually prefer a bigger release of SNES games. N64 still feels recent to me and can't think of any that I'd love on my console... Excite bike 64 maybe just so I don't have to get my N64 out to play it...

What games would people be excited to play, maybe there's some I'm missing. Mischief Makers maybe...

I also think because they're 3D they've aged a bit worse, but SNES is almost the height of 2D gameplay.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!