N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

I listened to the podcast. I like it, but that James is far too irritating when he's screaming all the time. He's pretty irritating in general with his whiny high pitched voice, constant swearing and screaming, but the most annoying thing is how he interrupts EVERYONE!!!! He was less interesting in the second half with their top 5's, but still a little annoying... And I really can imagine me ever warming to him. Shame, as some of the things he says is pretty good and surprisingly intelligent.

BUT, the podcast itself is still good and I'll keep listening to it! I like the other guys.

James was especially loud and interrupting this week (he's not normally THAT much), hats off to you for listening all the way through on your first go, :heh: Keep listening as they're all a bunch of intelligent guys who love Nintendo, and want them to do better.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James was especially loud and interrupting this week (he's not normally THAT much), hats off to you for listening all the way through on your first go, :heh: Keep listening as they're all a bunch of intelligent guys who love Nintendo, and want them to do better.

Yeah i sensed they were, i'm subscribed now so looking forward to it, IGN just isn't quite enough Nintendo for me in a week :)

NOE just played us for fools...

It's not Metroid Zero Mission this week... but rather it's Castlevania Circle of the Moon! (well played NOE, I see what you did there ;) )

Either way, I am MORE than OK with COTM this week! :D The most underrated game of the Castlevania series for sure! : peace:

I would not call CotM underrated, as it was a big hit when it launched on GBA. Actually, according to GameTrailers Retrospective, CotM was the first Castlevania game to ever break 1 million in sales, and so far only first of the two to do so.

Well... a game can sell well and still be underrated...

I'm really talking about its reception here. Whenever people talk about their favourite Metroidvania Castlevania games, rarely do you ever really hear anyone mention COTM as being up there as one of the better ones and that's just not fair!

Yeah the graphics might be simple (even for a GBA launch title), yeah it might lack the fluidity of IGA's games (it was made by the team who did the N64 titles, rather than IGA's team who made all of the later GBA CV games) and yeah it might lack the interesting gimmicks and weapon variety that the other Metroidvanias had (the DDS system is pretty imbalanced and too luck based really) but the core level design is solid and it has a unique feel that seems to meld the SOTN style of gameplay with classic Castlevania physics and game "feel". It stands alone amongst the other Metroidvania games and I don't feel that it gets the dues that it deserves!

Personally, I'd rate it as my 4th favourite of the Metroidvania games in the series, after Dawn of Sorrow (1st), Aria of Sorrow (2nd] and Order of Ecclesia (3rd).

Edited by Dcubed

So I was doing some looking to prove a point on GAF and the VirtualConsole trademark is still valid. For some reason, there are multiple trademarks for it, and four of them are live, registered and valid. These are owned by Nintendo of America.

FrsySJk.png

Interesting stuff. Checking to see what these cover that the dead ones don't.

Japan is getting the following 2 games on the Wii U VC next week.

Mega Man & Bass (GBA, 702 yen)

Sonic Advance (GBA, 702 yen)

The games will be available from February 18.

This is SEGA's first game on the Wii U VC if I'm not mistaken. Let's hope it's the start of many to make its way over and that it'll extend beyond Japan.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pbtj/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/pb8j/index.html

Edited by Wii

Good to see SEGA finally jump into the Wii U VC!

Hope that they get M2 working on more SEGA console VC games soonish too... I haven't forgotten that picture of the Saturn sitting next to a Wii U devkit from M2's offices... ;)

Imagine if M2 were to rebuild Panzer Dragoon Saga from the ground up with modern technology but remaining faithful to the original at the same time. :D

There would even be scope for using the gamepad as well, especially in battles being that they are centred around moving 360 degrees around your airborne enemies, they could include either a first person 'Dragon Cam' or even a view from behind as you fly ahead on the TV screen.

Yeah... I know, likelihood of that happening is quite probably near zero but there is certainly a market for it, they could quite rightly charge anything from £15 - £25 or more for it too owing to the rather costly legacy of the original game.

Oh well, I can dream. :heh:

Anyway, it's fantastic to see Sega onboard for the VC in any capacity as I didn't think it was going to happen, especially owing to recent changes in circumstances coming about soon.

Imagine if M2 were to rebuild Panzer Dragoon Saga from the ground up with modern technology but remaining faithful to the original at the same time. :D

There would even be scope for using the gamepad as well, especially in battles being that they are centred around moving 360 degrees around your airborne enemies, they could include either a first person 'Dragon Cam' or even a view from behind as you fly ahead on the TV screen.

Yeah... I know, likelihood of that happening is quite probably near zero but there is certainly a market for it, they could quite rightly charge anything from £15 - £25 or more for it too owing to the rather costly legacy of the original game.

Though I know it's impossible since they lost the source code for those games, I'd love to see the Panzer Dragoon series get remakes on Wii U! The whole 360 degree viewpoint gameplay would be awesome with two displays! (TV shows the perspective behind the dragon, while you get a 1st person perspective from the gamepad as the rider :D)

Oh well, I can dream. :heh:

Anyway, it's fantastic to see Sega onboard for the VC in any capacity as I didn't think it was going to happen, especially owing to recent changes in circumstances coming about soon.

Actually, with them moving to focusing more on digital, this is actually the kind of thing I would expect to see more of :)

Here's hoping that it speeds up the release of their Saturn and arcade games on the VC, cause good lord! Those prices of those Saturn games! :o They need VC releases so very very badly!

Edited by Dcubed

That's putting it politely. I look forward to seeing the Wii U eShop sales chart next week. All the other Wii games debuted at number 1. This I hope does not and should not because of the price.

So you expect them to put all Wii games on the special sale price every time? That's absurd.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!