NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

In the Ambassador scheme we got F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, whereas this is F-Zero GP Legend.

Are people enjoying Duck Hunt as much as they did back in the day? It seems really easy now. Even with the cursor off.

Video Tour - Duck Hunt (Wii U eShop)

Looks like we know what's probably gonna hit next week in Europe :)

I'm more than OK with this! :D

You called it.

F*cking disgusted. Shovel Knight is reduced this week and after me only buying last week.

Shovel Knight – €9.99/£8.66 (Ends January 8th)

It's normally €15 and the price drop is for both the Wii U and 3DS. That's the last time I help out an indie developer by buying their game at full price.

Edited by Wii

F*cking disgusted. Shovel Knight is reduced this week and after me only buying last week.

It's normally €15 and the price drop is for both the Wii U and 3DS. That's the last time I help out an indie developer by buying their game at full price.

How is it reason to be "disgusted". You can be annoyed, sure, but disgusted is a bit strong. It's not like they were pushing everyone to buy it this past week and then reduced it forever. This is a one week sale

I ended up buying Shovel Knight three times over just because I enjoyed playing it so much. :heh:

Initially I got both the 3DS and Wii U version to review, but they were at a reduced rate for buying both right at the start, then I decided to get it on Steam as well. :)

I regret nothing! : peace:

Of course I'm fully aware that the way I buy games is probably not deemed to be normal and is influenced by me reviewing retro games a lot but still, just thought I'd put some perspective on things. ;)

Yes sales can be annoying if you happened to buy the game only days before but that's just the way it goes, it's a risk you take... I'm half expecting there to be another Mega Man sale soon being that I only recently bought Mega Man X2 along with Zero - I already had X2 though but it's nice to have it again - so that'll probably happen a few weeks down the line. :indeed:

How is it reason to be "disgusted". You can be annoyed, sure, but disgusted is a bit strong. It's not like they were pushing everyone to buy it this past week and then reduced it forever. This is a one week sale

Yes, it was probably a bit extreme. I am annoyed though. Buying all these games to qualify for a €5 Premium Network activation code, coming up 14 points short and here's the €5 off on this game alone. Just a bit frustrating.

I was holding off on buying Metroid Fusion to make up the difference until this weeks deals were announced when it was Shovel Knight I should have been waiting to see if it was reduced before buying. I still haven't started it either. Been playing chess and Toki Tori 2. That game is deceitful. It looks like a kids game, however, it's anything but. Some of the puzzles are real mind benders. I think it's a terrific game and only €3. It's one of my GOTY regardless of the fact it's so cheap and didn't come out this year.

If you haven't bought Toki Toki 2, do so. You won't regret it. Ingenious puzzles, beautiful graphics and some lovely music.

I bought Toki Toki 2 earlier in the year and I wasn't a fan of it at all. I would have preferred the puzzles to be room based. Having them in a massive open world made for a frustrating affair.

I was going to pick up Shovel Knight anyway but it's a brucey bonus it has been reduced so will pick it up.

I bought Toki Toki 2 earlier in the year and I wasn't a fan of it at all. I would have preferred the puzzles to be room based. Having them in a massive open world made for a frustrating affair.

I persevered for a while, but I don't think I got very far in.

Same, it just confused me having it as a big world. Although I didn't get far in it either.

Anyway, I know what I'm spending my DDP voucher on this week. Hint: It's not f-Zero. ;)

I do agree with you, really. It is a bit quick. On the other hand, they probably just want to stimulate sales again, which is fair enough. If it's not selling, it's not selling.

It's nice to think you're supporting small/niche studios, but I bought a couple of Atlus' download-only (in Europe) "retail" games and they weren't really worth it. I think the only company I'll continue to "support" on Day 1 is WayForward, as I get enough out of their games for it to be worth it.

I knew there'd be people that didn't or wouldn't like it. It's a bit sadistic and can require a lot of patience. I won't lie, I've used Youtube a couple of times when I was stumped but I like these kind of games. It could do with some tutorials at the start but once you get into it it's very satisfying.

Where is this price drop/when's it happening? I don't see it on the eShop atm, though there does appear to be some sort of 33% off crossbuy deal?

Where is this price drop/when's it happening? I don't see it on the eShop atm, though there does appear to be some sort of 33% off crossbuy deal?

Starts on Thursday for a week

Got in just before the Network premium promotion expires - I think - I needed 185 points for a code, SNES games are worth 52 and there were 3 I happened to want plus NES games get you 29 points which unless I'm mistaken adds to the exact amount. :awesome:

Either way I'm not going to feel too hard done by if I don't get one final code but I do hope Nintendo decide to re-open the promotion at some point as it's pretty decent. :D

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! : peace:

You're "disgusted" that a game that's been out for 2 months is slashing a massive 4 quid off its price for a week? And because of that you've decided not to buy indie games at launch? Get a grip man.

Pretty sure SNES games are 46.

Doh! You're right, foiled again! :( (I knew I should have bought an extra NES game to be sure)

Oh well... I've had a decent amount of £5 codes back so I'm not too disappointed, it has been a decent promotion but I still wish that Nintendo would continue with it. : peace:

Doh! You're right, foiled again! :( (I knew I should have bought an extra NES game to be sure)

Oh well... I've had a decent amount of £5 codes back so I'm not too disappointed, it has been a decent promotion but I still wish that Nintendo would continue with it. : peace:

Aw, you should've just tipped it over the edge just to make surep. Gutted. I ended up with 12 codes. Which, isn't that £600 spent on the Wii u not inc vat? So actually £720? Oh boy. Considering most of my games are retail that's pretty criminal....

I did well out of mk8 - got a free d/l code from Nintendo because it arrived late, so got 2 free promotional games as well. Think I very nearly got £15 out of that - I sold the physical copy at CEX as well, so taking into account the £15 Network Premium I ended up getting MK8, Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World, a red shell key ring and a t-shirt all for just under £5.

You're "disgusted" that a game that's been out for 2 months is slashing a massive 4 quid off its price for a week? And because of that you've decided not to buy indie games at launch? Get a grip man.

Classy.

Once again, the gaming world doesn't revolve around what you want or when you buy. You may have bought it last week but the game was released nearly two months ago. Regardless, even at full price it's worth every penny of its budget £13 price tag.

It's going to be a barren year for you, because of your limited tastes, not a barren year for Nintendo. It'll be a packed year for Nintendo.

"Project Rubbish", and I thought Captain Turd and amoeba were bad, but we have a new winner.

You've been warned about this behaviour before. So what if I'm only interested in X and Zelda? Numerous other people have said the same but you don't have a go at them.

Really? You can't be serious, I always thought the whole world not just the gaming world revolved around me. :indeed: How many times have you said this as well? Give it a rest. It's a completely stupid statement to make and obviously not true.

Shovel Knight isn't out 2 months yet. It's been doing well, great reviews and features prominently on the eShop, so I didn't expect a sale this quickly. I explained my disgusted feelings and said it was a bit extreme. But here's you with your rake dragging it across those coals from 3 days ago. I've gotten over it and I have a great game.