N-Europe

Star Trek Mafia

Cube

Well the Mafia pretty much know what I do now that you've said that since it was probably them that redirected me.

I'm a roleblocker and did nothing for the first 2 nights, and last night I was sent to you Jimbob.

My writeup (paraphrasing): I got surrounded by white space and got told (by who isn't specified) that an android would visit me that night, and that the android would give me orders. The message giver said not to follow the orders as it would be a mistake.

I then awoke, not knowing if it was a dream or not. I received a 'call' and was ordered to target Jimbob. I therefore followed this order, ignoring the earlier warning.

Now, why is everyone being sent to Jimbob?

I'm just going to come out and say that the first part of this was me. I'm 'The Sisko' aka Sisko from DSN. I can communicate with the Prophets and when I target someone they speak to my target and basically give them some advice. I targeted Jon Dedede night 1 but he died. I was suspicious of my own power because my role description was pretty vague, and I was worried that it was in some way the cause of the death, so night 2 I targeted myself. I got information that I posted about the traveller also being known as the Crusher. My worries were alleviated.

Last night I went for Sheikah, pretty much picked at random. I don't get to find out the advice that is given and I don't get a PM (so far I only got one on night 2 because I targeted myself). However, it looks like I got to Sheikah without any problems, and it also looks like I just give advice dependent on what's happening on the given night.

So yeah, this is what I meant when I said yesterday that my power is a bit vague and changes depending on who I target. I don't get any information from my role, and all I can really do is send the Prophets to people to give them advice. Clearly, as Sheikah chose to ignore the advice I'm not forcing anyone to target anyone else (another worry I had)

I figure its in the town's best interest to know this. Obviously Shiekah had no reason to trust the information last night, which is why he ignored it. At least now you know where it's coming from and that it might be worth following. Of course it's completely up to you, but you have a better chance to make a decision.

I'm happy to answer questions about my role but hopefully I've made it clear. From my POV I'm slightly more inclined to trust Jimbob if it was a bad idea for him to be Roleblocked last night, but that's all I can really get from the nights actions.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to come out and say that the first part of this was me. I'm 'The Sisko' aka Sisko from DSN. I can communicate with the Prophets and when I target someone they speak to my target and basically give them some advice. I targeted Jon Dedede night 1 but he died. I was suspicious of my own power because my role description was pretty vague, and I was worried that it was in some way the cause of the death, so night 2 I targeted myself. I got information that I posted about the traveller also being known as the Crusher. My worries were alleviated.

Last night I went for Sheikah, pretty much picked at random. I don't get to find out the advice that is given and I don't get a PM (so far I only got one on night 2 because I targeted myself). However, it looks like I got to Sheikah without any problems, and it also looks like I just give advice dependent on what's happening on the given night.

So yeah, this is what I meant when I said yesterday that my power is a bit vague and changes depending on who I target. I don't get any information from my role, and all I can really do is send the Prophets to people to give them advice. Clearly, as Sheikah chose to ignore the advice I'm not forcing anyone to target anyone else (another worry I had)

I figure its in the town's best interest to know this. Obviously Shiekah had no reason to trust the information last night, which is why he ignored it. At least now you know where it's coming from and that it might be worth following. Of course it's completely up to you, but you have a better chance to make a decision.

I'm happy to answer questions about my role but hopefully I've made it clear. From my POV I'm slightly more inclined to trust Jimbob if it was a bad idea for him to be Roleblocked last night, but that's all I can really get from the nights actions.

I didn't ignore the advice, the guy who ordered me to target Jimbob removed any choice from me whatsoever.

SECOND POST: just double checked my PM. The title of my role is literally The Sisko. It refers to me as a prophet (note the lower case). Apparently in the show he is actually half Prophet (upper case - a race of beings) and is the only human who can communicate with the Prophets. At night I can pick a target and they are 'given guidance' (that's the specific wording in my PM). It doesn't say wheth I give the guidance myself or whether the Prophets do it.

That's all my role really says, side from some stuff about a Bajoran Orb that has appeared and caused me to return to 'help things go smoothly'.

BTW I'm posting all this because there was no way of being sly about trusting the information given in this white corporeal zone that Sheikah went to. It's better that I just reveal and then people can decide for themselves whether to trust the information they get. Plus with such a passive power I'm not really a mafia target.

I didn't ignore the advice, the guy who ordered me to target Jimbob removed any choice from me whatsoever.

Ah, I didn't realise that. Seems like my power really is pointless then :-/ what's the point in advice that you literally cannot follow? Urgh.

From the wording of your post I thought you meant that you'd chosen to ignore the warning, rather than it being forced upon you.

Ah, I didn't realise that. Seems like my power really is pointless then :-/ what's the point in advice that you literally cannot follow? Urgh.

Actually, it does say that roleblocking Jimbob was a bad idea. It likely means that Jimbob wasn't the mafia killer after all.

(Unless Sheikah is also mafia himself, in which case roleblocking your teammate would be a bad idea [/paranoid])

Actually, it does say that roleblocking Jimbob was a bad idea. It likely means that Jimbob wasn't the mafia killer after all.

(Unless Sheikah is also mafia himself, in which case roleblocking your teammate would be a bad idea [/paranoid])

Just to counter that, if I was a Mafia roleblocker it's unlikely I would have spent the first couple of nights doing nothing, or admitting to doing nothing when I had targeted someone given that I could potentially be challenged. Some other roleblocker has been active from the sounds of things from N1. That guy is probably Mafia.

Just to counter that, if I was a Mafia roleblocker it's unlikely I would have spent the first couple of nights doing nothing, or admitting to doing nothing when I had targeted someone given that I could potentially be challenged. Some other roleblocker has been active from the sounds of things from N1. That guy is probably Mafia.

You could be the mafia killer for those two nights. One never knows.

Any one of us could be Mafia when you put it like that.

Well, I was just saying that your counter-argument doesn't really clear you.

Anywa! If anybody has just joined us, we're voting for Magnus Peterson, who has lied to us all.

Well, I was just saying that your counter-argument doesn't really clear you.

Anywa! If anybody has just joined us, we're voting for Magnus Peterson, who has lied to us all.

Well nothing can ever be cleared in Mafia really, I was just putting forward that it's unlikely/foolish for me to say I did nothing for the first 2 nights if it was untrue.

The path is clear: if Magnus is good, then he's telling the truth about Sheikah being a brute. If he's evil, then...well...yeah :heh:

If he's evil then he took something from the thread that is already known probably because his role is pure fabrication.

Anyway, Vote: Magnus Peterson

I had targeted Jimbob, which I am reluctant to say as my information is already out in the thread.

My PM paraphrased him being unconscious for the night at the hands of some brute.

Hmm, it would appear you are once again lying about your target...

@Mr\-Paul, who was your target last night?

My original target was you Diageo. I'm withholding who I was sent to for the moment, in case the person I was directed to was mafia, and through me saying I was sent to them they somehow work out my power.

Like yesterday, I'm happy to go with a Magnus vote again.

Vote: Magnus Peterson

My original target was you Diageo. I'm withholding who I was sent to for the moment, in case the person I was directed to was mafia, and through me saying I was sent to them they somehow work out my power.

Like yesterday, I'm happy to go with a Magnus vote again.

Vote: Magnus Peterson

I need you to tell me who your target was so I can ascertain I was not tampered with last night. Please reconsider your decision to withhold.